Shaykeija
April 9th, 2009, 12:22 PM
How often do you do this?

Mat&Murph
April 9th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Allllll The time!!!!!!!!!!!! Drooly boys :laughing:

babymomma
April 9th, 2009, 12:26 PM
every evening after she is done eating for the day, because her second meal (*and last meal) of the day, ussually has raw meat added to her kibble..

ancientgirl
April 9th, 2009, 12:29 PM
When I feed the gang in the morning, they never eat all of their food at one sitting, so I leave it for them to finish throughout the day. They usually are done nibbling and have finished in a couple of hours. When I get home, I wash their plates and feed them again. In the evening, it's pretty much the same routine. Except once it's bedtime, I take up the plates, finished or not, and wash them, ready for the next day.:D

With their water I clean their bowls in the morning, add fresh water and leave it for them until the next day. I use filtered water so I'm thinking leaving it out until the next day is okay. :shrug:

hazelrunpack
April 9th, 2009, 01:31 PM
All 8, every meal...so twice daily. Which means I have no room for our dishes in the drainer. :p

JennieV
April 9th, 2009, 01:57 PM
All 8, every meal...so twice daily. Which means I have no room for our dishes in the drainer. :p

:eek: LOL

I feel your pain..Used to do dishes after three dogs, can't imagine 8! and TWICE A DAY TOO! :frustrated: LOL

MajorsMom
April 9th, 2009, 02:27 PM
:laughing::laughing: I do it every morning, before Major gets his Brekki, usually there is still a little kibble left in the bowl come supper time so I only do it in the morning. But If I notice he's got dirt or something in his bowls then I'll wash them when necessary.

ScottieDog
April 9th, 2009, 03:24 PM
We use a fresh food bowl for each meal (2 feedings x 2 dogs); water dishes are changed daily. I have an entire shelf in a kitchen cabinet for my assortment of doggie dishes. My dishwasher has a sanitize function, so I just stick the doggie bowls in a certain area and wash with our stuff.

chico2
April 9th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I clean them twice /day,Rocky is such a messy eater,gets food all on the outside of the bowl,I also clean the rubber that's around the bottom,it can get really smelly if I don't.

rainbow
April 10th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Two dogs and two cats and they all get fed twice a day. Their bowls are washed after every meal and the water bucket (shared) is changed 4 times a day or more if necessary.

clm
April 11th, 2009, 10:28 PM
All the dishes are washed after each meal, even the strays dishes.

Cindy

TacoGrl
April 11th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Water dish gets cleaned every second or third day (gets emptied and dried and filled with clean water every day though)...food dishes are cleaned after every meal (well put in the dishwasher that is)...I too have quite the collection of dishes...not quite a whole cupboard full, but getting close! :D

glasslass
April 12th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Den-Den and Corky eat out of little, shallow Japanese bowls. They get washed along with our own dishes.

TeriM
April 12th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Obviously I don't wash my dog's bowls nearly often enough based on all your answers :o :).

Basically I wash mine mostly when I need a few extra dishes to fill and run the dishwasher (every few weeks?) or when noticably grungy. The cats dishes get washed every few days because they don't do nearly as good a job as the dogs on making sure they are licked clean.

DougG
April 12th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Heh heh - sometimes there are more pet dishes to be washed every day than peoples' dishes at my place.

I put out a clean water bowl + fresh filtered water every morning, and each time I put out fresh canned food for my three Himalayan cats (normally three times a day) it goes in clean bowls.

Tundra_Queen
April 13th, 2009, 05:17 AM
The 3 cat dishes get stacked to wash after they finish their meals. Sometimes they are fussy so it takes them a few hours to finish. If they get raw meat then the plate is taken away after they finish eating and washed. They usually eat 3 times a day. The dog eats twice a day but her food is kibble so her dish gets washed once a day. Water dishes get washed once a day and filled up a couple times a day. I also have a whole slew of dishes for the cats.

Debbie

sirilucky
April 15th, 2009, 05:48 AM
I clean the dishes after every meal because it is important for your petís health that you keep their food and water dishes clean. The food dishes can harbor fat particles that in time can become rancid if the dishes are not cleaned regularly.

RolandsMom
April 15th, 2009, 09:34 AM
my boys get clean plates with every feed. I went to Ikea and bought a bunch of funky colorful ones cause the bf was complaining about me using our bowls :D. now they have plenty and the dirty ones go in the dishwasher!

ScottieDog
April 16th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I too have quite the collection of dishes...not quite a whole cupboard full, but getting close! :D

It is only one shelf of the cupboard. I don't want to get the reputation of being the crazy dog lady or anything.:laughing: I have a post-it taped to the shelf that says "Dog Dishes". For some reason, I know people who don't like eating from my dog bowls.

After all the lead paint scares a couple of years ago, I put the cute Disney bowls away and bought an assortment of Correlle (break-resistant) bowls from a Corningware outlet. Since Cassie inhales her food, I use special flat soup bowls to spread out her food and slow her eating. These bowls "used" to be mine. I do love the "sanitize" function on the dishwasher.

flipgirl4
April 16th, 2009, 02:34 PM
I wash my pets' dishes after every meal - over the pile of my unwashed dishes. I only have one dish per pet and many for me!