Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Cat!! Ottawa South/Bank/Leitrim Area

Jayne613
April 8th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Male, Domestic Long-hair, Brown Mackeral Tabby with white patches and paws.
8-months old.
Green eyes.
Neutered, very friendly with people
No tags.
Missing since April 2nd from Bank/Leitrim area.
REWARD!! :cat:

NoahGrey
April 9th, 2009, 11:33 AM
I would leave out tuna or salmon. These food have strong swells. Also you can leave something out that has your smell and leave something out that has his smell. Contact the Ottawa Humane society and I know the City of Ottawa does Animal Control. I don't know if they have there own shelter, but I think they do.

Put up posters, place a ad with coloured picture in the paper, contact vets, talk to neighbours.

Keep us posted.

ACO22

Jayne613
April 9th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Thank you for your suggestions and support!
I had heard that leaving food out may attract other animals (I live in the rural part of Ottawa), and so I've left his litter box out instead (how far does kitter litter smell travel, I wonder?)
Anyway, I've been out every evening calling his name and making sounds with his favorite toy, I've contacted the City to fill out a report, as well as the Humane Society. I've been to the HS twice, but no luck yet :fingerscr
I've also posted some flyers in the neighborhood next to mine (Findlay Creek), but I will go out tomorrow again to post more!!

NoahGrey
April 10th, 2009, 08:30 AM
True, it might invite other animals. However, I do know that this has worked in the past. I believe even a poster followed my suggestion and at 3am in the morning, she happened to go downstair and get a glass of water and just thought of looking out the door for "just in case" and saw her cat eating the food on the porch.

The cat was out a few days at this point and terrfied. It took some coaxing to get him to come to her. When scared, even cats can be wary of their owners.

Good luck.

ACO22