Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sad news

Maddysmommy
April 8th, 2009, 03:05 PM
:sad:

Hello, I am new here.
When I came home from running errands today, my cat jubilee was sniffing...... like he had a bad cold. He was fine when I left.
I talked to him playfully asking him what was he doing. Then I sat on the bed to take off my boots and he crawled under the bed, his favorite spot. About 10 seconds later he started making a loud crying sound, my hubby heard it and came running. He pulled Jubilee from under the bed, and he was just gasping now. I was scared and was calling out his name, I stuck my finger down his throat, but did not get of feel and foreign object. His eyes just rolled back, and his tongue fell to the side of his mouth. I pumped on his belly, but it did not help. All of this happened in less than 2 minutes. I can't think of what weird, strange thing happened...looked like he choked, but there was nothing that we saw under the bed. Just had to share because it happened so fast. How am I going to tell my 6 year old daughter when we pick her up from daycare? She really loves Jubilee so much.:rip:

aslan
April 8th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Oh Maddysmommy, my deepest sympathies. Having just lost one of my boys i feel your pain. To me it sounds like it may have been a heartattack. As for your daughter, the way my mom told me when i was little.. She said that God called my doggie home to be with him. And someday in the far future we could all visit him. Again i'm very sorry.

:rip:Jubilee

BenMax
April 8th, 2009, 03:27 PM
My deepest sympathies and thoughts go out to you.

RIP little one.:rip:

RolandsMom
April 8th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Im so sorry for your loss. :grouphug::grouphug:
:rip: Jubilee

CarolynInPEI
April 8th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

14+kitties
April 8th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I am so very very sorry. :candle::rip: Jubilee :candle:

Dee-O-Gee
April 8th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Oh dear Maddysmommy, :sorry:

How terrible. I hope everything is going o.k. with your family and your daughter. :pray:

:rip: Sweet Jubilee :candle::candle:

Tundra_Queen
April 8th, 2009, 10:22 PM
That is so sad. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Debbie

muggsmom
April 9th, 2009, 05:50 AM
I'm so sorry Maddysmommy. How old was Jubilee?

RIP Jubilee.

Jim Hall
April 9th, 2009, 07:47 AM
i have had that happen to me and it is a real B*** im so sorry

how are you all doing and how did your daughter take it?

MajorsMom
April 9th, 2009, 07:58 AM
I am so sorry for your loss! I know it can be difficult to explain to a child of that age why things like this happen.
Best wishes :cry:

Love4himies
April 9th, 2009, 08:15 AM
I am so sorry for your loss :grouphug:. It does sound like it could be a heart attack.

How is your daughter doing?

:rip: sweet Jubilee :candle:

cpietra16
April 9th, 2009, 08:36 AM
My condolences to you and your family. It sounds like a heart problem. My Orca died the same way....heart attack.....RIP...

WantingToLearn
April 9th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry for your loss. :candle: