Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Angel Cally through the years :)

growler~GateKeeper
April 8th, 2009, 01:10 AM
When I got Cally from his previous owner I asked for some puppy pics here are a couple of those :lovestruck:

This was his growing up buddy Hobbes the cat......as you probably guessed yup....Calvin & Hobbes :D notice where Hobbes' front paw is :cloud9:

The first pic I took of Cally :lovestruck: after I met him at 4 years old. He was a Dalmatian Black Lab cross but all Dalmatian :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
April 8th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Mischief was the first of the two cats to accept this hyper-growly-cat-chasing-dog into the house :D

Proof of the hierarchy :laughing: Dog on the towel Cat on the blanket. He soon learned unlike his 1st buddy Hobbes, the cats in this house don't like to be chased

The 3 musketeers :laughing: The cats were on the couch first & Cally took the opportunity to join them :sleepy:

growler~GateKeeper
April 8th, 2009, 01:20 AM
This also happened all on it's own, Duffy was in the basket 1st, Cally just wanted his spot :cloud9:

Sneaking a snooze on the couch :sleepy:

Buddies sharing :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
April 8th, 2009, 01:29 AM
My handsome boy :lovestruck:
50509 50507

growler~GateKeeper
April 8th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Always happy in the sunshine :cloud9: I have an 8x10 of this shot framed on my walls with 8x10's of all my other furries :lovestruck:

Pure Bliss :cloud9:

Cally loved the jacket (fleece lined & waterproof), not so much the boots but once he realised the snow wasn't cold on his toes anymore, he tolerated them cuz Cally loved snow almost as much as he did the sunbeams :D

growler~GateKeeper
April 8th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Duffy & Cally were the very best of buddies ~ cuddly, playful & teasing. You could literally see them teasing each other & laughing about it, but he always knew she was The Boss. :D

The Last Photo of my :angel2: Cally

I feel him with me every day, every where I go, sometimes I still instinctively move to walk past people with dogs so they pass on my right, as if he was beside me at heel on my left.

Cally 4 Apr 1992 - 26 Aug 2004 :rip: I miss you & your grumbling growls :cry2:

Scuba
April 8th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Awww...He was so cute as a puppy and grown up he was very handsome.

growler~GateKeeper
April 8th, 2009, 02:26 AM
Thanks Scuba :D

Seeing as I missed the first 4 years of his life, fell in love as soon I met him at 4 yrs, adopted him at 6 yrs I'm grateful to have the few puppy pics I have :lovestruck:

clm
April 8th, 2009, 06:56 AM
He was a gorgeous dog. That magnificant coat. He had a really sweet face too. I love that last picture. The white muzzle and eyebrows. :cloud9: You have some wonderful pictures of him.

Cindy

momto2
April 8th, 2009, 07:46 AM
He was beautiful, and his coat was so shiny! :) I love all your pictures of him!

mollywog
April 8th, 2009, 08:27 AM
thank you for posting more pictures of your beautiful Cally :angel2:
You are lucky to have some puppy pics, and look how handsome he turned out! :highfive:

Jim Hall
April 8th, 2009, 08:39 AM
what a lucky bunch of family

chico2
April 8th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Growler,I didn't even know you once had a dog,Cally looks wonderful,but the kitties truly rule:laughing:
The last photo with his ageing face,shows he had a very good life,such very soulful beautiful eyes:lovestruck:

Love4himies
April 8th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Cally was a beautiful dog, Growler :cloud9: :lovestruck:. I love the Duffy and Cally pics :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck:, looks like they were very good friends.

ancientgirl
April 8th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Growler, what a handsome boy he was. You are lucky to have had him in your life for as long as you did.

Chris21711
April 8th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Took a while for those to come in Growler, but well worth it, truly handsome :lovestruck: His coat just glistens.

Gail P
April 8th, 2009, 11:54 AM
What a beautiful boy. You'd never guess he was a cat chaser, he looks very content and cuddly with them :lovestruck:

Mat&Murph
April 8th, 2009, 12:18 PM
I love the pic of the the three furkids together. Too sweet :cloud9: I didn't know you had a dog either. He was beatiful!!!

rainbow
April 8th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Awww, Growler, each and every one of those pics brought a smile to my face. :cloud9:

You have posted pics here and there of your previous fuzzbutts but this is the first time I've seen them all together. :lovestruck: What wonderful memories :cloud9: and, thank you for sharing. :thumbs up

luckypenny
April 8th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Cally even had a white chin when he was a puppy :lovestruck: :cloud9:.

Awww, Growler, each and every one of those pics brought a smile to my face. :cloud9:

You have posted pics here and there of your previous fuzzbutts but this is the first time I've seen them all together. :lovestruck: What wonderful memories :cloud9: and, thank you for sharing. :thumbs up

My thoughts exactly....thank you Growler :grouphug:.

Stacer
April 8th, 2009, 09:11 PM
I didn't know you had a dog either. He was a handsome guy. They never really leave us after they've gone, do they?

hazelrunpack
April 8th, 2009, 10:08 PM
omd, what precious pics, growler :cloud9: What a great album! I love the sweetie in the cookie box picture.... :lovestruck:

:thankyou: for sharing your memories

Magicwildwolf69
April 9th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Awww he was such a pretty dog. I didn't know you had a dog either. hehe cats always rule!

Glad you shared these with us :)

growler~GateKeeper
April 9th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Thanks everyone for the compliments :)

Growler, what a handsome boy he was. You are lucky to have had him in your life for as long as you did.

That he certainly was. :lovestruck: Unfortunately even 6 years wasn't long enough :sad:

What a beautiful boy. You'd never guess he was a cat chaser, he looks very content and cuddly with them :lovestruck:

The cat chasing was just a game between Cally & Hobbes, it's how they played. :D I was nanny for the family when I met Cally so i got to see first hand that there was nothing serious to it. :) Cally tried that with Mischief & Duffy and they showed him they weren't gonna play that one :laughing: No scratches, blood or hard feelings though they both refused to run & stood up to him :D

Cally even had a white chin when he was a puppy :lovestruck: :cloud9:.

Yes he did :lovestruck: it led down to the dalmatian spots patch on his throat & chest :D

Growler,I didn't even know you once had a dog,Cally looks wonderful,but the kitties truly rule:laughing:

I didn't know you had a dog either. He was a handsome guy. They never really leave us after they've gone, do they?

No they don't ever leave :cloud9:

Cally was one of 3 dogs in my life: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=42416

TeriM
April 10th, 2009, 01:13 AM
What a wonderful group of pictures Growler :cloud9:. I don't believe I had ever seen those puppy pictures :lovestruck: and I love all the ones of Cally with the cats :lovestruck:.

Winston
April 10th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Growler those were just precious! and I had a smile too when I looked at each one! Thanks for that! what a gorgeous fur family you have had over the years! :thumbs up

BenMax
April 10th, 2009, 09:00 AM
What a beautiful visual story. For whatever reason the wisdom in the face of an older dog has always appealed to me. There is something so warm and 'knowing' when I see those that are having great lives.

You know Growler, when I go to see the older guys and gals at the HS - I can't look the other way - I end up pulling them out and finding forever retirement homes for them.

Very beautiful story you have in your gentleman.

growler~GateKeeper
April 11th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Thanks Teri, Winston & BenMax :)

Cally was very special to me :lovestruck: I was lucky to have him in my life :D

KateyBaby
July 27th, 2009, 12:32 AM
I love the picture of him with the two cats on each side on the couch. lol. He was a handsome boy! I also LOVE the one of him when he was a puppy with Hobbes! How cute how Hobbes has his paw around him! :) :angel2::cloud9::lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
July 27th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Thanks KateyBaby :D Cally was one of a kind :lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen
July 27th, 2009, 01:54 AM
He was a beautiful dog and his coat is so shiny!

babymomma
July 27th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Such a Beautiful Boy :D.. Do you have a dog now growler?

growler~GateKeeper
July 27th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Thanks TQ :D

Thanks babymomma :D No I don't have a dog right now, just Duffy :cat:, I'm currently in a no-dog-allowed apartment :rolleyes:

babymomma
July 27th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Pssh, Apartment buildings and their rules :rolleyes:

hunnybunny
July 27th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Your Cally was beautiful:lovestruck:

Love the pic of him in his coat and boots:cloud9: all the pics were lovely :)

Thanks for sharing them :goodvibes:

edwina
July 27th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Very lovely furry family :cloud9: