Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

15 more days of this??? OMG

onster
April 7th, 2009, 05:47 PM
:sad: Bunduk hasn't been getting into trouble lately...but that's because bunduk has taken to sleeping 24hrs a day.

I think it may be side effect of the metranadiozole (sp?) I'm giving him for his gingivitis/bacterial infection in his mouth. I know it may cause nausea. He basically spends all the day on top of the cat tree sleeping or eyes open just looking at us coming and going. Onnie doesn't even try to fight him for top spot.

Bunduk usually wakes up when I do, gives me some purrmeows and wiggles all around for me to give him pets :cloud9: licks my nose and then bunny hops (how cute is that??) down the stairs with me for breakfast.

Since we started the meds I carry him down for breakfast. He sniffs it and walks away. I tried canned food no go :sad: I actually called the vets but they werent too concerned because he will still eat treats when I bring them up this cat tree. After he's back on his tree I wrangle him for his pill ( which he hates!!!) usually takes 2/3 tries. A few hours later he is still sleeping and still hasnt eaten :frustrated: and I brush his teeth. He's actually not too bad with that. I usually do this while he's still on the tree and..u guessed it, he spends the rest of the day on the tree. He doesnt even attempt to go downstairs when I do, or bring me toys..or even sleep in my room :cry:

I was concerned bout his food intake so I picked up some merrick today cuz its his fav canned food and held off the pill for a while. He had a few licks then ate some kibble by mid afternoon (when I guess yesterday's pill effects wore off) so I pilled him then. He's back to sleeping now.

On the plus side his gums are looking less angry red and more pink so they are gettting better.

However I really miss my shadow cat :sad: This is gonna be a long 15 days...

onster
April 7th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Oh and I tried brushing Onnie's teeth cuz I realized it wasnt so bad with Bunduk but of course Onnie would have none of it , growled and then went to hide under my mom's bed.

Anyone wanna loan me a furry till my 2 love me again? :sad:

TacoGrl
April 7th, 2009, 06:42 PM
:grouphug:

Don't be sad...look at this time as time to fix everytihing and get prepared for round two when Bunduk gets all better! :D

Seriously though...the times they are down for health issues are the toughest...it just breaks your heart to see them not their usual selves. :sad:

14+kitties
April 7th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Poor Bunduk! Can you hold off giving him his pill every day until he gets hungry enough to eat something? Or is it important he get it the same time every day? At least you have some hope his teeth will get better.

onster
April 7th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks tacogrl! They really just look sooo pathetic when theyre sick eh?

14+ i thought bout giving him his pill at night tomorrow. It is an antibiotic I know when we take them we should take them at the same time/same time interval...maybe ill ask the vet tomorrow?

meg4050
April 7th, 2009, 07:11 PM
awwwww poor bunduk! Peaches was like that when he first started his pills. He says if you come visit he'll give you all the cuddles you want :D

JennieV
April 7th, 2009, 07:51 PM
aww onster...
I hope Bunduk gets better soon. :goodvibes::goodvibes::fingerscr

hazelrunpack
April 7th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Poor Bunduk! And poor onster! :grouphug: It's so sad when they don't feel well. :sad:

But if you can save his teeth, it'll be well worth it! And he'll thank you for it later...with lots of purrmeows and bunnyhops on the way to breakfast :cloud9:

So just hang in there and remember that this, too, shall pass! :goodvibes:

Oh, and I'd loan you a furbaby but I 'spect Bunduk would really not appreciate being chased around the house at this point! :eek: Besides...I think they're going to Auntie LP's for a while, to eat her chicken. :p

Magicwildwolf69
April 8th, 2009, 01:31 AM
aww it does suck when our babies are sick and not themselves. Hope he's feeling back to himself soon. I would think after a few days he would get use the the antibotics. they say it takes humans a few days to get over the side effects what about pets?

Love4himies
April 8th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Awwww, poor bunduk. How long has it been since he has eaten? Could the vet prescribe an appetite stimulant so he does eat something every day? How about adding tuna juice or what ever his favourite food is to his food to try to entice him?

chico2
April 8th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Onster,poor little Bunduk,but if his gums are looking better,it's all for the good of his teeth,keep telling him that:cat:
The vet is not concerned that he does not eat???
Hopefully he drinks water and if he it's just a little,he should be ok:confused:

ancientgirl
April 8th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Onster, maybe it takes a few days for his system to get used to the medication. I'd think though if he's taking antibiotics he should at least have something in his tummy no?

At least his gums are looking better so even though he's not totally himself, it will be worth it. He'll be back to his old trouble making self in no time, you'll see.

sugarcatmom
April 8th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Adding some probiotics to his food might help counteract the intestinal side-effects of the antibiotics. You've given him Forti-flora before, right? And he likes it? Either that or you could get some high-potency, multi-organism probiotic capsules from the health food store (like around 10-12 billion organisms) and give him a pinch or 2 in with his food.

I hope he's back to his usual rambunctious self soon!

claw
April 8th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Don't worry, 15 days is not too long. It will be over before you know it.

rainbow
April 8th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Poor Bunduk :sad: and poor you not getting any cuddles from him. :grouphug:

Did you talk to the vet today? I don't see why you can't give him his pill at the same time every night :shrug: and hopefully he will have eaten during the day. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

onster
April 9th, 2009, 03:09 PM
thanks everyone for all ure ideas/ support/ hugs.

Im sorry I didnt reply sooner ive just been very busy, my little brother is coming home tomororw *yay*!!

As for Bunduk, I am happy to report that he is doing better now that I pill him at night and so he's more himself during the day, eating and all :D

I even woke up to him lying next to me on the bed :lovestruck: Of course the only reason he was there was because there was a sun beam shining in that particularly spot on the bed from the window behind me..but its alright, baby steps! lol

hazelrunpack
April 9th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I'm so glad to hear he's getting better! :grouphug:

So lil Bro is coming home? How exciting! That'll pep Bunduk up for sure! :highfive: Just hide all of lil Bro's electronics when he gets there... :o

rainbow
April 10th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Glad to hear that Bunduk is doing better. :highfive:

He'll be back to his normal :evil: self in no time. :D

want4rain
April 11th, 2009, 09:06 PM
you know what finally worked with Hunter?? he was on antibiotics twice a year for his teeth- raw feeding and making sure it was large chunks. the were cleaning his teeth twice a year and giving him the antibiotics. when we had him on raw food where he was chewing a bunch and got the grains out of his diet, the vet was so surprised... though i got a lecture when i told him what we were feeding. :rolleyes:

-ash

hazelrunpack
April 11th, 2009, 10:47 PM
How's the little nominator today, onster? Did lil Bro's appearance pep him up any? :fingerscr

I'm sure the sight of lil Bro's electronics caught his attention! :D

onster
April 14th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Nominator is good, he hasnt nommed anything for a while :fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr Maybe because he's too drugged up most of the time to nom??? I dunno.

He was happy to see my lil bro. Rolled over for some pets right away :lovestruck: but Onnie was scared :eek: Omg was that cat petrified. He ran away to hide everytime lil bro approached him. Finally lil bro got on his knees and Onnie came close. It seems he was afraid of the giant lil bro! He grew taller since he was in egypt..he's now a little over 6'5!! No wonder Onnie was afraid, lol :crazy:

W4R, Im gonna start raw very shortly :fingerscr:goodvibes: I hope it works for us like it worked for you. Unfortunately I still have to get over the heebie jeebies raw gives me lol:yuck:

onster
April 14th, 2009, 12:17 AM
oh and of course,

thank you all very much for checking up on lil bunduk :grouphug::grouphug::cat::pawprint:

hazelrunpack
April 14th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Well, poor Onnie! Who woulda thunk that a little brother could get so tall! :eek: Perfectly understandable! :D

Glad to hear Bunduk was happy to have lil bro home, though. And no nomming! :thumbs up

How long is lil Bro home for, onster?

rainbow
April 14th, 2009, 01:35 AM
So our little Bunduk has gone from :evil: to :angel: .....maybe he's just waiting for lil bro to leave something nommable lying around. :D

And, lil bro is 6' 5" :eek: ....are all your brothers that tall? :cloud9:

onster
April 16th, 2009, 12:45 AM
lol yes even i was shocked that he was still growing hazel...he's probably here...till the end of time lol. he wants to live in canada after he's done his degree (he was just doing his first co-op placement in egypt) but you never know will life will take you.

rainbow, lil bro is officially the tallest one now. However eldest bro B is only very slightly shorter. Mo is a few inches shorter but still tall. But nothing like me..Im 5'5, which isnt short really but next to my bros :eek::eek::eek:

I think my head hits my bro's stomache or something hahaha

onster
April 16th, 2009, 12:53 AM
bunduk i think is just still pretty off due to the antibiotics......i was really busy today and didnt pull him till way after i usually do and he was acting his chirpy self all day.

The vet thought the pica was a seperate issue...hopefully not tho! :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
April 16th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Are his gums still looking better? :fingerscr :goodvibes: