Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just a couple of random things.

ancientgirl
April 7th, 2009, 01:19 PM
This morning, Czari used the litter box in the upstairs bathroom for the first time, at least that I saw. What amused me the most was, Kiska was standing at the doorway watching her, and when Czari finished and walked passed her, my Tiny Miss walked to the litter box and covered big sis's poop.:laughing::laughing: I got a big kick out of that.

On my way to work, I saw a lost dog walking down the road I take to get to work. Thankfully it's sort of a back road, but it's kind of busy. I felt so bad for him. I stopped my car and tried calling him, but he ran away from me. I followed him a little more, but he kept running from me. At one point, I parked my car again on the side of the road and asked this one woman if it was her dog. She said, "No, I'm scared of it, and trying to get away.":frustrated: I looked at her and said, "I doubt he's going to hurt you, especially if he was coming towards you as quietly as he was. I kept trying to get near him but he kept running from me. I saw he had a tag, so he obviously belonged to someone. All I could do is maneuver him away from the busy street. He went down the street of a quieter neighborhood. I decided to stop following him since he just didn't seem to want anything to do with me. I'd wished I had something to eat in my car for him. He may have come to me had I offered him something.:sad:

Bina
April 7th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Yes, some cats are obsessively clean.....My Mitten cat used to go out in the winter and follow my Labrador around the yard waiting for her to pee. Then Mitten would glare at Cleo and use the snow to cover the doggie pee spot. :)

ancientgirl
April 7th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I'm actually glad she did this, seeing that Czari practically NEVER covers her poop.

Bina
April 7th, 2009, 03:48 PM
One of our previous "princess" cats would get very revolted by her own poo....she would do it, and then get as far away as possible from the box.
EWWW. smelly.
Miss Mitten will actually ask for the door to the mudroom so that she can use the other litter box.
That's helpful since the indoor box is in the back of the kitchen.

onster
April 7th, 2009, 05:57 PM
isnt it so frustrating when lost dogs just run from you???

Ive had that happen to me before. Once with Sasha (i posted pics here) but I eventually coaxed her to me with a whole bag of whiskas temptations and when I opened my car door she just jumped in. Adrenalin rush!!!

The next time was with a neighbour's golden. I didnt know it was the neighbour's until I scared him into their yard and ended up ringing their doorbell to tell them about the dog in their yard!

Oh and it happened another time with a young golden but he ran off never to be seen again (by me). Growled at me too while backing away.

Do us cat people just not have the touch??

ancientgirl
April 7th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Onster, maybe he smelled my cats? I have no idea. I didn't have any food to coax him, I wish I had. He clearly had some sort of tag. What really made me angry was that woman who he did go to a few times and she kept shooing him away. :frustrated:

14+kitties
April 7th, 2009, 06:56 PM
I hope the poor pup managed to find his home. :sad:
That is so cute that Kiska looks after her big sis so well!! She can always come up here and do it for TT too. He still hasn't got the knack. But he tries soooo hard...... :rolleyes::cloud9:

ancientgirl
April 7th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I hope so too. I feel like he lives around that neighborhood, so hopefully someone went out to look for him.

I've only actually seen Czari bury her poop once, so I know the others likely do it for her the rest of the time. I just thought it was cute that Kiska did that.

claw
April 8th, 2009, 01:39 PM
This morning, Czari used the litter box in the upstairs bathroom for the first time, at least that I saw. What amused me the most was, Kiska was standing at the doorway watching her, and when Czari finished and walked passed her, my Tiny Miss walked to the litter box and covered big sis's poop.:laughing::laughing: I got a big kick out of that.

:laughing: I wish i had another kitty in my house that would do that. Karlton is a little lazy at times and doesn't cover up his poopy. When he does cover it you can hear cat litter hitting newspaper from upstairs and there would be a big pile of litter beside the cat pan.

ancientgirl
April 8th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Claw, it's pretty funny. All of mine have this odd fascination with each others litter habits. If they all happen to be in the same area, and one uses the litter, another will sometimes be just sitting there watching, waiting for the one inside the box to come out. Then they go, sniff and either use it themselves, or do a little extra burying. I have no idea if this is normal in multiple cat homes.

I assume that the others often bury Czari's poop since many times I do find hers buried. I know when it's hers, um...don't ask me how, I just know.:laughing: She has only buried hers once that I've ever seen, and when she does finish and attempts to bury, she pushes the sand in a different direction and misses her poop.:shrug:

claw
April 8th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Claw, it's pretty funny. All of mine have this odd fascination with each others litter habits. If they all happen to be in the same area, and one uses the litter, another will sometimes be just sitting there watching, waiting for the one inside the box to come out. Then they go, sniff and either use it themselves, or do a little extra burying. I have no idea if this is normal in multiple cat homes.

I assume that the others often bury Czari's poop since many times I do find hers buried. I know when it's hers, um...don't ask me how, I just know.:laughing: She has only buried hers once that I've ever seen, and when she does finish and attempts to bury, she pushes the sand in a different direction and misses her poop.:shrug:

:laughing: Hurray for your tidy cats. That is pretty fantastic. Helps to fight cat poop odours i suppose.

ancientgirl
April 8th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Yeah man, because their poops are atomic in their smell.

claw
April 8th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Yeah man, because their poops are atomic in their smell.

I can imagine. :yuck: