Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introducing Major (Diamonds Buddy)

Diamondsmum
April 7th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Well my brother who Female GSD passed away Roxy, found this guy on petfinder

Orginally from Montreal a shelter there & he was in transport here to PAWS 4PRAISE rescue?.

he is a 4yr old long haired GSD (a Wonderful doggie & has settled in nicely with his forever home:lovestruck:

Chris21711
April 7th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Very handsome boy DM :lovestruck:

BenMax
April 7th, 2009, 10:43 AM
OMG DM - very small world - I got him out of that place that gasses their dogs. His name is Sir George!!! And that is my friend (well her legs anyways) holding him. This dog was to be killed if I did not squeeze him in that night. He was the last one on transport.

That is not the name of the rescue BTW. I can tell you in private however. Very good rescue and good friend of mine.

Holy Moly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Small, small world!:)

hazelrunpack
April 7th, 2009, 10:48 AM
He looks like a real honey, DM! What does Diamond think of her handsome new cousin? :D

BenMax
April 7th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I am still in shock!!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

What great news!!!!!:):):)

Diamondsmum
April 7th, 2009, 11:01 AM
LOl hazel unfortunately they havent met yet, (he has to be neurtered & Diamond spay isnt till June (Spay central is booking that far in advance)

but They were on Web cam & Diamond was kissing the screen LOL

I will meet him personally on Sunday for Easter & will get some updated pics for you benmax :D

I found out lastnight about it & was curious if he had a past experience from someone on here.

BenMax
April 7th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Now you know everything!!! He is one lucky boy!

Thank your brother for me!:)

MommaKat
April 7th, 2009, 11:30 AM
What a happy ending :grouphug: and now Diamond has a new cousin :highfive: . Have they met yet DM ?

Edit: Oops Hazel beat me to the punch. Fingers crossed for a good meeting :fingerscr:goodvibes: .

Sylvie
April 7th, 2009, 11:56 AM
What a beauty. Ben Max, you are so right it really is a small world.

I know how you feel Ben Max.

I can't wait to see the pictures after Easter DM.

BenMax
April 7th, 2009, 12:03 PM
What a beauty. Ben Max, you are so right it really is a small world.

I know how you feel Ben Max.

I can't wait to see the pictures after Easter DM.

It brings me so much pleasure to know that I am doing this and it is not in vain. When I hand over a dog or cat to another rescue I always wonder. I know that they are all great because I work closely with them, but if you don't get to meet the people for yourself you always have that 'thing' in your mind. This particular rescue loves GSDs. I had asked her to curtesoy post for me since it is difficult for us to find anyone who would take an older dog. She got a request from DM's brother (so I now know) and assured me that this dog was in excellent hands if we allowed her to take this dog. It was a struggle for us since he found his way into all our hearts.

Turns out that it's a good thing we let him go. I got many follow up pictures which was great. Now I know more.... So very exciting for me.:)

Diamondsmum
April 7th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I sent my brother a link to this posting as well as his "story"

Cant wait to meet him in person:thumbs up

ancientgirl
April 7th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Wow, it is truly sad to me to know this absolutely gorgeous dog was so close to death.

He's stunning!

Way to go BenMax, and Diamondsmom thank your brother for being such a caring person and giving this guy a home.

Diamondsmum
April 7th, 2009, 12:41 PM
just off the phone with my bro (I had texted him) & He is although on a run (he drives a truck) he will read my email etc when he gets home.

Bina
April 7th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Oh, I just love a plush coat GSD......beauty AND brains. ;)

cpietra16
April 7th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Benmax you must be thrilled to know that your hard work pays off...i love a small world...now you can keep tabs on him...yay...what a beautiful dog...very regal I must say.....

Diamondsmum
April 7th, 2009, 03:47 PM
From what I am told he was orginally thought to be 8-9yrs old. Vet in MTRL said 4, vet here said 4 too. So alot of life in him..How can someone just abandon this guy? or any guy for that matter?? It get me soo riled to think..

I think from what my bro said he may of been dumped.. as whenever he had him in teh car & he is dropping off a Kid or something Major cries.. like he is gonna get left behind... Poor guy.

BenMax
April 7th, 2009, 03:53 PM
From what I am told he was orginally thought to be 8-9yrs old. Vet in MTRL said 4, vet here said 4 too. So alot of life in him..How can someone just abandon this guy? or any guy for that matter?? It get me soo riled to think..

I think from what my bro said he may of been dumped.. as whenever he had him in teh car & he is dropping off a Kid or something Major cries.. like he is gonna get left behind... Poor guy.

All the dogs we pulled were amazing dogs. It is very sad that they are allowed to gas animals here in Quebec..........for now.:D (oh yeah...something up my sleeve)!!!!!

chico2
April 7th, 2009, 04:21 PM
OMG,Ben-Max,they were going to gass this beautiful dog:cry:
Thank you,thank you for saving his life:grouphug:and thank's to DM's brother for adopting him,he is just gorgeous:lovestruck:

onster
April 7th, 2009, 05:01 PM
awww DM he is so gorgeous. Cant wait till we can see pics of him and diamond playing :lovestruck::cloud9:

Benmax....small world indeed. How awesome that you can now follow him through DM! Kuddos to you!

Mat&Murph
April 7th, 2009, 06:28 PM
He is one Handsome boy!!!!:lovestruck: What a amazing story. Your right BenMax what a small world!! I just love happy endings

MajorsMom
April 7th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Well my brother who Female GSD passed away Roxy, found this guy on petfinder

Orginally from Montreal a shelter there & he was in transport here to PAWS 4PRAISE rescue?.

he is a 4yr old long haired GSD (a Wonderful doggie & has settled in nicely with his forever home:lovestruck:

UPDATE:
Major, which is now his name, due to the fact that he is major loveable, major friendly, major funny ...... Is doing very well, I thought I would add some new Pics to show you that he is very healthy and happy, as are we. I don't know what our lives would be like without him!

Thank you to all the shelters involved!!!!!

Mat&Murph
April 7th, 2009, 08:15 PM
He is major handsome :clou9: so glad he has a forever home

ancientgirl
April 7th, 2009, 08:16 PM
He's such an incredibly handsome dog. I've always loved this breed, and he's simply beautiful to me.

Diamondsmum
April 7th, 2009, 08:17 PM
I must behave Majorsmom is Family :wall: LOL

Welcome to the site Majormom:D

aslan
April 7th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Welcome to the forum and thank you for giving this handsome boy a new home.:thumbs up

MommaKat
April 7th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the forum Majorsmom! What a great name for your new pooch, He is Major Handsome :laughing: :lovestruck: GSD are such a great breed too, how anyone could dump one (or any dog for that mater :yell: ) is beyond me :frustrated:

Once again, :highfive: for happy endings like these :D .

PS: How sweet of you to let him on your leather couch, :fingerscr he does not have Major long nails :laughing: :D j/k

JennieV
April 7th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Welcome to Pet.ca, Majorsmom, he is absolutely adorable!!!
:)
I am sure you will enjoy your stay with us!:thumbs up

Thank you for opening your heart and your home to him!:angel:

Mat&Murph
April 7th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the forum!!! So happy for you and Major!!! Thanks for the pics as well

MajorsMom
April 7th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the forum and thank you for giving this handsome boy a new home.:thumbs up

I thought hubby was kidding when he said he wanted another dog. After our baby died in Oct/08 we agreed no dogs for a year we bought a boat and were going to enjoy it........ then he came home with a flyer from the store on a rescue dog in the area. I relised he was serious and did some serious research to make sure it wasn't snap decision, so I search the web from Keswick to Niagara Falls and found "Sir George" aka Major. And that was it! I have attached pics of Roxy (our deceased baby) and you'll see why. We love him so much and he has brought such happiness to our house, how anyone let this dog go is beyond us!

JennieV
April 7th, 2009, 08:33 PM
OMG
TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

MajorsMom
April 7th, 2009, 08:36 PM
OMG
TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Fate works in mysterious ways, so many friends want to call poor Major Roxanne, but Roxanne was a black faced GS where as Major is tan.

Diamondsmum
April 7th, 2009, 08:38 PM
yup... i did a RIP roxy in rainbow bridge when she passed.:sad:

But am sooo happy for this guy & his forever family.

Mat&Murph
April 7th, 2009, 08:39 PM
wow they look like they came from the same blood line. Roxy was a beatiful girl :grouphug: Sorry for your loss of her

MajorsMom
April 7th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Thank you all. DM, so did we. But we were VERY blessed with this guy and we were very blessed with Roxy too (she was a rescue too) but we have been blessed TRUELY, you will see Sunday. ((hugz))

MajorsMom
April 7th, 2009, 09:06 PM
The couch is HIS as it was our last babies! and Thanks to the shelter we got him from, his nails were clipped lol.

MajorsMom
April 7th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Thank you! It's the only way to go. Save those that didn't ask to be here, But give them the all they deserve.

momto2
April 8th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Wow, he is absolutely beautiful! :)

chico2
April 8th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Majorsmom,welcome to our Forum,now you can keep DM in check for us:laughing:
Major brings tears to my eyes,he is such a beautiful boy(I am known to be a wuss)Roxy was equally beautiful.
GSD's are beautiful period,especially the longhaired ones.:lovestruck::lovestruck:
This is a wonderful story,thank's to rescuers like BenMax and others +people like you,who give a beautiful dog a chance:grouphug:

BenMax
April 8th, 2009, 08:42 AM
MajorsMom - I want to thank you so very much for taking Major into your heart and home. Something was on his side that night...I don't know what it was but due to a delay in leaving with 9 other dogs.....we stumbled across this magnificant boy. He was to be killed the next morning and our president grabbed the leash and rushed out as fast as her old lady legs could go. The next question was where and how do we squeeze him in....where there is a will there is a way. He was such an angel and layed his head on another volunteer the whole way.

The rescue you got Major from courtesy posted Major to see if she could also assist in finding Major a forever home. She had actually taken a few of those dogs also in order to help us save as many as possible. And then there was your application. We know her well and she always finds the best homes as well....so off Major went with others.

Please extend my thanks to your DH. You are both wonderful people! Kisses to Major.

Diamondsmum
April 8th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Majorsmom,welcome to our Forum,now you can keep DM in check for us:laughing:

Ummmm Shhhhh Chico I am an :angel::laughing:

Again I am elated that that I am now related to Benmax as without her this guy would be at Rainbow bridge & Not laying his head on a leather couch.;)

BenMax
April 8th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Ummmm Shhhhh Chico I am an :angel::laughing:

Again I am elated that that I am now related to Benmax as without her this guy would be at Rainbow bridge & Not laying his head on a leather couch.;)

We are related in an animal kind of way.:laughing:

Major would have been safe but certainly not laying so comfortably and at home on her couch.

There is a reason for everything in my opinion. Devine intervention?:shrug:. The similarities between both dogs is unbelieveable.... Like I said devine intervention???

Diamondsmum
April 8th, 2009, 09:59 AM
yup yup for sure benmax

There are :angel: :angel2::angel2: working there mysterious ways.

MajorsMom
April 8th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I would like to thank you personally BenMax for being part of making it possible for Major to be part of our life. He is truely everything you say and sooo much more. It took me a long time in front of the computer to find the right dog, and when I seen him I new he was the one!:cloud9: So THANK YOU, and THANKS to your coworkers and volunteers for saving him for us.

And as for keeping DM in check.........:laughing: I'm not about to go against her other 9 (yes 9) siblings........Major needs me :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Cheers

Chris21711
April 8th, 2009, 10:18 AM
This is all so neat how this has all come together, Major looks so comfy in his new digs and he is so very handsome :lovestruck:

BenMax
April 8th, 2009, 10:25 AM
I would like to thank you personally BenMax for being part of making it possible for Major to be part of our life. He is truely everything you say and sooo much more. It took me a long time in front of the computer to find the right dog, and when I seen him I new he was the one!:cloud9: So THANK YOU, and THANKS to your coworkers and volunteers for saving him for us.

And as for keeping DM in check.........:laughing: I'm not about to go against her other 9 (yes 9) siblings........Major needs me :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Cheers

I need to thank you MajorsMom as this is what makes what we do so worth the while and not in vain. Our mission is to save and re-home as many as possible (that is the easy part)- and this would not be possible if were not like people like yourselves. All efforts are combined, from the mission, to the transporters, wonderful rescues that work collectively, and the most important....the loving families! Cudos to you for taking this wonderful boy without prejudice, without hesitation and without question.:grouphug:

chico2
April 8th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Just one thing,BenMax and all others,thank you for the never-ending work you do:grouphug:

Bearsmom
April 8th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Beautiful boy. What a doll!

angeldogs
April 8th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Welcome to the forum.
Major sure is a very handsome fella.and Roxy was a very beautiful girl.

Magicwildwolf69
April 9th, 2009, 12:09 AM
wow what a gorgeous dog. i just want to bring him home! we need to do like pet swap! i have a black cat who would like to travel hehe

MajorsMom
April 9th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Thank you all very much!! :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Luvmypitgirls
April 9th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Major, is one handsome boy, congrats on the new addition to your family (dog nephew lol).
Thank Dog he was spared and will now have a wonderful loving home to call his own.

TeriM
April 10th, 2009, 01:17 AM
What an absolutely wonderful story this thread is :cloud9:.

Welcome to Majorsmom :). Major is such a handsome boy and you can see how happy he is in his new forever home :lovestruck:.

Roxy :angel: :rip:.

MajorsMom
April 11th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Thank you! I've taken a couple more pics of Major and will post them soon!

Cheers

rainbow
April 14th, 2009, 02:31 AM
WOW ....what an amazing chain of events that brought Major into your home. :thumbs up :cloud9:

He is absolutely gorgeous :lovestruck: as was your Roxy. :rip: :candle:

MajorsMom
April 15th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Thank you very much Rainbow. We sure are proud to have him.