Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A hawk,wounded or not??

chico2
April 6th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Rocky was looking very intensely at something outside and it was a Hawk sitting at the edge of my garden.He looked dishevelled,but it could be bacause of the rain.
He just looked at me when I went out,I go in to get the camera and he flew in to the hedge,where the birds are hiding.
:fingerscrthat this beautiful bird is not hurt:fingerscr
I did not want to scare him too much,but I'll go out again and check,usually Hawks do not go into the hedges:confused:

Winston
April 6th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Chico he probably is either really wet or maybe he took a hit in the sky and survived it..,,There feathers can get really soaked and hamper their ability to fly! Hopefully once the rain is gone he will take off for dryer land!

Melinda
April 6th, 2009, 06:17 PM
yes he will hide in the hedges Chico if you try to approach, like Winston said, if he hit a window or another bird (in a fight) he will fall to the ground and once the rain soaks his wings he will "hunch" all up and sort of try to fluff his feathers out to keep the underneath wings dry. He'll probably either stay in the hedges to dry out or try to get into a higher tree and "snuggle" up against the bark on a large branch till he dries out. good for you keeping an eye on him/her

chico2
April 7th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Yeah,you are right,what do I know:laughing:
I had a sheet all ready to catch him,if he could not fly properly,but he could:thumbs up
He sat in my tall tree for about 1 hour,but then off he went..phew!!

Melinda
April 7th, 2009, 07:50 AM
glad to hear he was ok!!!!! and what do you know? more today than you did yesterday about wet hawks!! :thumbs up:crazy:

ancientgirl
April 7th, 2009, 08:26 AM
I'm glad he was okay. Likely what the others said, he was just really wet.

hazelrunpack
April 7th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Or full. Remember that hawk at my neighbor's last December? So glutted it couldn't fly. :laughing:

Glad it flew off okay eventually, chico!

chico2
April 7th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Thank's everyone for enlightening me:grouphug:I was worried,love those beautiful birds:lovestruck:(and all the others:laughing:)