Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

R.I.P Bishop

aslan
April 6th, 2009, 03:49 PM
It's with a broken heart I have to tell you that we had to finally make the decision to have Bishop put to sleep this morning. Our little man gave us a slight emotional reprieve before he totally escalated out of control. We tried for 10mths to try and help him with no success. To everyone for their love and advice we really do thank you:grouphug:. Atleast my little man got to spend those last 10mths free of a cage, knowing love.

Mommy loves you and will miss you every moment.

cpietra16
April 6th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Oh Aslan...I'm so sorry. RIP Bishop.

Mat&Murph
April 6th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I am very sorry for your loss aslan and Grace. you guys must be soo heartbroken. Bishop was a very handsome and loved boy:rip::candle::grouphug:

hazelrunpack
April 6th, 2009, 03:59 PM
You did your best, aslan. But sometimes even the best isn't enough :grouphug: Life doesn't always seem fair.

You gave him the only love he's ever known. It's not an insignificant gift.

:candle: Bishop

Ford Girl
April 6th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Hugs to you and Grace, you did what you could, he knew love and a home and happiness in those 10 months...xo

14+kitties
April 6th, 2009, 04:29 PM
:candle::rip: litle Bishop :candle:

MommaKat
April 6th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I'm sorry too :cry:

:rip: Bishop :candle:

Diamondsmum
April 6th, 2009, 04:44 PM
huggs My friend.. huge huggs:rip: lil Bish

SIL
April 6th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Aslan...my condolences to you and Grace.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Bishop was very loved.

Stacer
April 6th, 2009, 05:01 PM
:grouphug::grouphug: So sorry Aslan

Run free little pooch. :candle:

chico2
April 6th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Oh no Aslan,I did not even know this little sweet-heart was sick:cry:
I know it's not much of a comfort right now,but he got to know what being loved is all about because of you and Grace:grouphug:
So very,very sorry :rip:little Bishop

aslan
April 6th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Thank you for the condolences everyone. My house is in sad shape at the moment.

Chico2,, Bishop wasn't physically sick...He had developed a very serious aggression issue, that no matter what we tried nothing helped. We believe it was genetic at this point. He was becoming dangerous to the other dogs and myself.

chico2
April 6th, 2009, 05:16 PM
OMG,he was fine when I was visiting,maybe he had some kind of mental problem:confused:from being cooped up in a cage at the former owners.
Still,whatever the reason was,:grouphug::grouphug:to Grace and you:grouphug:you did what you had to do.

Love4himies
April 6th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I am so sorry to hear that Bishop was not getting better.

:rip: Bishop. :candle:

Jim Hall
April 6th, 2009, 06:14 PM
sorry to hear that i know you did all you could

Rottielover
April 6th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I am so sorry Aslan that it came to this, but remember you set him free. He has nothing to fear anymore and bear( who I had to do the same thing) will be welcome him with open paws

Frenchy
April 6th, 2009, 06:42 PM
ohhh aslan , I am so so sorry :sad: you did all that you could to save him , but sometimes , it's not enough for some dogs. :sad: he was a very lucky boy to end up at your house and no where else , where he would have been miserable :sad: he is now free at rainbow bridge :rip:

:candle:

I wish I could give you a real hug :grouphug:

Winston
April 6th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Aslan my friend! Hugs to you and Grace! lil man will be free at the bridge and you get him the only home he ever knew! Bless you for that! My heart goes out to you!

RIP lttle man!

:rip:Bishop

Chaser
April 6th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Poor boy...it's so sad that his life had to end early because of how horrible and cruel people can be :sad:

I'm sorry for your loss Aslan - I know you did all you could to help him, and at least he got to know love. :grouphug:

coppperbelle
April 6th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I am sorry:grouphug:

t.pettet
April 6th, 2009, 07:40 PM
You tried your best with him and thats all anyone can do, now he can be a happy, well-adjusted dog waiting until you meet again at the bridge, my condolences on your loss.

BusterBoo
April 6th, 2009, 08:11 PM
:rip: sweet Bishop......you are a happy little puppy again...

So sorry Aslan for your loss, you did everything you could.... :grouphug:

rainbow
April 6th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Bishop :sad: ....my deepest condolences to you and Grace. :grouphug:

:rip: wee Bishop :candle:

ancientgirl
April 6th, 2009, 09:09 PM
My deepest sympathy to you aslan and Grace.

Be comforted that he knew he was loved deeply and he will be with you always.:grouphug:

JennieV
April 6th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I am so sorry to hear that, aslan...Big HUGS. :sad::sad::sad:

angeldogs
April 6th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I'm sorry Aslan for your loss.:grouphug:

R.I.P. Bishop.

Dee-O-Gee
April 6th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss. A big :grouphug: from your forum friends

:rip: dear Bishop :candle::candle:

diandpat
April 6th, 2009, 10:14 PM
OMG Aslan :grouphug: I am so so sorry you had to make such a painfully sad decision. You absolutely did everything you could for darling Bishop but you have to keep yourself, Grace and the other fubabies safe too.
:rip: little Bishop...your pictures will always make me smile.:angel:

luckypenny
April 7th, 2009, 07:44 AM

:grouphug: From all of us to you and Grace, Aslan.

CarolynInPEI
April 7th, 2009, 07:51 AM
I'm very sorry you had to make such a heartbreaking decision. Sorry for your loss.
:rip: Bishop

BenMax
April 7th, 2009, 09:25 AM
RIP Bishop and run free.:rip:

So sorry for your loss Aslan and Grace.

bendyfoot
April 7th, 2009, 09:32 AM
aslan, I'm so, so sorry. I know firsthand how difficult and heartbreaking a decision this is to make. Know that you did the right and best thing, and that you tried everything you could. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Luvmypitgirls
April 7th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Ohhh Aslan and Grace, I am so very sorry for your loss.
Aslan, I remember when I first came to pets.ca you posted a pic of Bishop on the TJT, and I thought "oh what a cutiepie!".
I don't know his story, but I'm sure the last 10 months have been without a doubt the very best 10 months the lil man could ask for, having you and Grace to love him.

:rip: sweet Bishop, :candle:

Aslan, hugs to you and Grace :grouphug:

aslan
April 7th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Grace and I would like to thank everyone for your kind thoughts and words, it really does mean alot to us and the two fuzzbutts here.

I really want to say a special thank you to Hazel for putting aside past issues and being such a kind heart when i really needed a shoulder. You made me feel less like the failure i felt.:2huggers:

And of course the gooftroup for keeping me online and amused lastnight. You guys are the bestest.

Winston
April 7th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Hey Aslan you may not realise it but you have made many cyber frineds here..regardless of what we think sometimes we all keep coming back for the same reason...the animals (and the abuse!!! :D):thumbs up

Okay I gotta ask since I hate secrets? whats the gouftroup?

aslan
April 7th, 2009, 05:42 PM
I knew i had friends on here, just didn't realise how many.... And the gooftroop is a group of people who meet on messanger most nights to talk and joke around.:evil:

onster
April 7th, 2009, 05:54 PM
oh aslan,

I am so sorry you had to make this decision.

You did all you could though, and gave him more love than he ever could of imagined. :grouphug:

:rip: Bishop....the calico puppy :):lovestruck:

meg4050
April 7th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Aslan,

I'm so sorry for your loss :grouphug: It must have been so hard, but you did whats best for him, yourself, and the other boys. Hugs to you and Grace,

:rip: Bishop :angel2:

krdahmer
April 7th, 2009, 08:36 PM
:sad: So sorry. :grouphug:

Magicwildwolf69
April 8th, 2009, 01:27 AM
So sorry for your lost aslan and grace. :grouphug: to you both and your furbabies. you did what you could and sometimes we just can't help what happens.

:candle::rip: bishop

growler~GateKeeper
April 8th, 2009, 03:21 AM
:sad: :rip: sweet :angel2: Bishop :candle: He is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

babymomma
April 9th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Aslan, I am so, so so so so Sorry For your loss:sad:
:cry:
Big hugs to yourself and grace.. You did the best you could and thats all anybody could realy ask for.

R.I.P Bishop:angel2:

Sylvie
April 9th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Aslan, I am so sorry. My heart is with you.

My thoughts are with you and Grace and I thank you so much for all that you have did for him. Many people would not have gone as far as you and Grace.

:rip:Bishop, you are at peace now.

free
April 9th, 2009, 08:10 PM
aslan and grace sorry for your loss.

TeriM
April 10th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Aslan, I am so very sorry :sad:.
These situations are some of the toughest decisions any pet owner would have to make. I know you loved him and I am sure that you and Grace did everything possible to help Bishop :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:.