Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi from GER

Klopfer
April 6th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Hi everyone, I'm Klopfer (Inga) from Hamburg, Germany. I'm a proud "mommy" of my two "kids": Bulldog-Mix Smokey (3 years old) and cat Sylvester (5 years old).
Smokey was born in Jacksonville, FL, USA, he's my Sunshine-boy! I've never wanted to have a dog (I was badly bitten by a german shepherd when I was a child), but when I saw him I wanted to have HIM!

hazelrunpack
April 6th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Welcome to the board, Klopfer! We love pics, so post lots! :D

chico2
April 6th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Willkommen Klopfer:thumbs up
How did you get the pup from Florida,were you on holiday??
As everyone will say,you have to post pics of both Sylvester and Smokey,we love to see them.:cat::dog:

Bina
April 6th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Hello Inga and welcome.
Alle meine Verwandten wohnen in Hamburg.....I would love to visit there again. :)

Dee-O-Gee
April 6th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Hallo und heißt willkommen Inga :)

Many nice people on this forum :angel:

A-hum...pictures? Oh wait did I say Pictures? Oh let me correct myself...Pictures are a must of Smokey and Slyvester :D

Klopfer
April 10th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome! It's a nice forum and a great place to be!

I've already posted some pictures in the photography section!

How did you get the pup from Florida,were you on holiday??
Jap, we#ve spent our holidays there. 2 friends of ours lived there for two years and we've visited them. My friend wanted to have a third dog so we went to the local shelter. I have never been a dog person before but when I saw Smokey I fell in love with his sad, dark brown eyes. It was the best decicion ever to take him with us. It was really expensive to get him to Germany because we couldn't take him with us in our booked flight :( We were flying via Manchester and you could only bring animals to the UK if you fly via Heathrow or Gatwick (2 London airports). So he had to stay at our friends for 2 weeks while we were back in Germany. He missed his flight in Newark so he had to stay a night in the shelter in Newark. It was a nightmare when the shelter called us at 3am local time...

But finally he arrived at Hamburg airport :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
April 10th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Welcome Inga! Your Smokey is a gorgeous boy. I didn't see any of Sylvester though, so you KNOW you have to post some.:D

Tundra_Queen
April 17th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Hi
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like poor smokey had a rough time getting home, but I bet he is a happy pup now. *S*

Debbie

rainbow
April 17th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Welcome to pets.ca Inga. :highfive:

I seen the pics of handsome Smokey :lovestruck: but couldn't find any of Sylvester. :confused: