Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Happy Gotcha Day Skylar!!!! (April 6)

Stacer
April 5th, 2009, 11:13 PM
One year ago we brought home a skinny black dog from Cornwall, she was the saddest, sweetest dog we'd laid eyes on, and we knew we had to have her.

She's now a strapping lass of 70ish pounds, strong as a bull and full of energy.
She's come a long way both physically and behaviourally since we got her. It was a rough start with our 2 resident felines, and we thought it wouldn't work out, but we stuck it out and magically Skylar seemed to freak out less and less whenever a cat was present. Today you'd never know she was the cat chasing monster she once was. The cats still avoid her like the plague though.

She's a snuggly dog that loves human contact, the friendliest mutt you'll ever meet. She gives her snarly smiles freely and her back end never stops wiggling.

We're thankful that Melinda chose us to be Skylar's forever home, we can't imagine life without her now.

mollywog
April 5th, 2009, 11:18 PM
congrats Stacer and Skylar! Isn't it rewarding to think back on how much you have accomplished in just a year!? She looks gorgeous!

hazelrunpack
April 6th, 2009, 12:57 AM
happy gotcha day, Skylar!!!!

She's looking just awesome, Skylar!!! :flirt: She's blossomed since you got her! Melinda definitely can pick perfect families! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
April 6th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Happy gotcha day Skylar! :party: :lovestruck:

Melinda
April 6th, 2009, 05:07 AM
one year ago today my heart both broke and filled with love................Happy gotcha day Skylar , God smiled down on you the day your new mom and dad pulled in the driveway. Both hubby and I knew after only 15 minutes that these two wonderful people were meant to be your parents. Its funny, we were talking about fostering last night and about Whisper/skylar and I teared up..............I'd take her back in a flash.......thank you for giving her a loving home where I can watch her grow, florish and learn. *huggers*:grouphug:

Love4himies
April 6th, 2009, 07:52 AM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY, SKYLAR

I will never forget the pics posted by Melinda when she found you. You have come a long way, Skylar, must be the wonderful family you have.

Chris21711
April 6th, 2009, 10:19 AM
She is gorgeous Stacer :lovestruck: Melinda and yourself are to be commended for all you have done for the lovely Skylar :thumbs up

Stacer
April 6th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Skylar says thank you for all the Gotcha Day wishes!!

I'm off work to day so I get to spend some quality time with my pooch. We gave her a fresh new collar and a new toy for her special day, so she's having some fun and lookin' spiffy.

rainbow
April 6th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Skylar !!!

Tell mommy we want more pics playing with your new toy and wearing your spiffy collar. :goodvibes:

BenMax
April 6th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Happy,Happy Day Skylar!:dog:

Dog Dancer
April 6th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Skylar. I remember this so well, she's come so far. Congratulations to you all for a perfect ending.

Melinda
April 6th, 2009, 03:47 PM
spiffy new collar?? *looks around for the picture she posted.....of COURSE she's posting a picture...right? RIGHT???? *L*

MommaKat
April 6th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Skylar !!! :grouphug: :crazy: :highfive:

Stacer
April 6th, 2009, 05:03 PM
picture of spiffy new collar to follow later this evening.

14+kitties
April 6th, 2009, 05:21 PM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY SKYLAR!!!! YOU ARE ONE VERY LUCKY PUP!!! AND MOM AND DAD ARE VERY LUCKY TO HAVE YOU TOO!!

Thanks Stacer and Melinda for a job very well done!! :thumbs up

Winston
April 6th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Happy Birthday Slylar! she is so stunning! :thumbs up

ancientgirl
April 6th, 2009, 09:25 PM
happy gotcha day skylar!!!!

angeldogs
April 6th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Skylar.
I remember the first pics of her Melinda posted of her and the difference in her know.she is a gorgeous girl.

rainbow
April 6th, 2009, 11:50 PM
picture of spiffy new collar to follow later this evening.

:whistle::whistle:

It's almost midnight where you are. :yell:

Melinda
April 7th, 2009, 06:28 PM
yeah...what rainbow said.....pics lady, we want pics........:thumbs up

Stacer
April 7th, 2009, 09:24 PM
I'm working on it...she's not being very cooperative, she won't sit still for a few nice shots, or else she looks really sad when I finally get a pic.

Magicwildwolf69
April 8th, 2009, 01:35 AM
happy gotcha day! she's a beautiful girl.

muggsmom
April 8th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Wow, has it been a year already? What a transformation, you'd never know she was the same skin and bone dog that Melinda nursed back to health. Both of you should be very proud, you've done an amazing job! :angel2:

rainbow
April 8th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I'm working on it...she's not being very cooperative, she won't sit still for a few nice shots, or else she looks really sad when I finally get a pic.

Well, we like sad pics too. :D

Stacer
April 8th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Alright, I finally managed to get some OK pics from the fuzzbutt.

1. My sad shiny dog.
2. kinda showing off the new collar.
3. sad on the loveseat (notice her majesty's head resting on the fluffy pillow, she never rests her head without one, lol)

Stacer
April 8th, 2009, 08:33 PM
And one more pic when she finally had a burst of energy and threw the cuz around for awhile.

luckypenny
April 8th, 2009, 10:04 PM
It's been a year already????

Happy Gotcha Day Skylar!!!

Stacer, yours is the kind of family dogs all wish for...patient, persistent, understanding, and most of all, loving. Skylar can't be in a better place, with her family :cloud9:. Congratulations to all of you :grouphug:!

rainbow
April 9th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Shiny is right :thumbs up ....I don't think I've ever seen a coat that shiny. :cloud9:

I love her new collar and she is one beautiful girl. :lovestruck:

Melinda
April 9th, 2009, 05:31 AM
just gorgeous !!!! I love the new collar and she is very shiny!! great pictures, thank you

angeldogs
April 9th, 2009, 09:12 PM
She is a gorgeous girl.and i think a queen should have a fluffy pillow to rest her head on at all times.:thumbs up

TeriM
April 10th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Belated congrats to beautiful Skylar on her Gotcha Day

She is looking sooooo beautiful :lovestruck:.