Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

14+ this is question(s) for u

heidiho
April 5th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Was just glancing through different posts and stuff.Couple of questions,first-do you have a thread anywhere with pics of all your cats??The cat in the pic with the cat grass cloest to the crate,what kind of cat is that??Awesome awesome markings..How did you get 14 cats??Are they all indoor cats??Do they all like each other?I think thats it...:o

14+kitties
April 5th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Oh heidiho, what a question...... or questions. I went back and found my earliest posts. That pretty much explains it all without boring everyone else again. :o

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=46857

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=46940

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=46877

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=46878

Since that time they have a new house over there. It's larger. The small one is in use for one that krdahmer rescued last fall and brought to me. I hope to integrate him in with the others soon.

The kitty in the cat grass pic is Dayle. She is a classic tabby. Her brother and a cousin that were adopted last year look the same.

At the moment there are 5 in the house. Most of the time they like each other but they have their moments. There is one in the catuary that was taken off our road last year. Not sure of her story, dropped off or feral, but she tends to start scuffles occasionally. When it gets too overpowering she has her crate she goes in and stays there till she's ready to face the rest of them again.

This thread shows some of them. Since this was taken I have adopted out a few of them. Niko has decided he didn't like the confines of the catuary. He is the only one who managed to get out of the fence. I pray every day he shows up again but fear the worse. :sad: Bandit sadly got sick at Christmas time last year and his new owners had him pts. :rip: Baby. I recently lost Li'l Momma :rip: my sweetie. :sad: She was a feral I could never get too close too and was hit by a car. I was finally able to hold her as we took her to the vet to be pts. :cry: This has got me going again. There are two new ferals in the garage waiting to go in to get fixed soon. And..... I think that's about it. :o
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=56009

heidiho
April 5th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Wow that last thread i looked at with all of them,how beautiful they all are minimo looks like rox...I could only dream of being able to do that,how awesome of you..That must be so fun to watch them all.thx for the great response to question..Incredible.

Winston
April 5th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Hello there my friend! Nice to see you hanging out with us again Heidiho! Miss Roxy looks wonderful as usual! shes all grown up now!

14+ is our Kitty Angel!! :thumbs up

heidiho
April 5th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Good to be back,no computer when i lived in hawaii,it sucked...Rox is a little to grown up(13 pounds)vet said she should be at 11..She is so incredible,her personality is like nothing i have seen before,even mom thinks their is just something really special about her and our bond..Couldnt be without her....hope all is well with your fam.

14+kitties
April 5th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Wow that last thread i looked at with all of them,how beautiful they all are minimo looks like rox...I could only dream of being able to do that,how awesome of you..That must be so fun to watch them all.thx for the great response to question..Incredible.

Glad I was able to answer your questions. Minimo is the one that was taken off the road last year. She was very skinny and not well when we found her. Now she has tons of attitude and is about 3 or 4 pounds overweight. I need to put her and a few others in the catuary on a diet!

Good to be back,no computer when i lived in hawaii,it sucked...Rox is a little to grown up(13 pounds)vet said she should be at 11..She is so incredible,her personality is like nothing i have seen before,even mom thinks their is just something really special about her and our bond..Couldnt be without her....hope all is well with your fam.

2 pounds shouldn't be too hard to take off. Is Roxy eating only canned food or is she eating kibble? I'm sure you know all the pros and cons of correct feeding seeing as you've been a member so long.
I can believe you and Roxy have a very strong bond. You have been her mom since she was a tiny baby. :cloud9:

heidiho
April 5th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Roxy is on a dry diet(wellness core) i have done the wet food thing with her and it got to where i would open a can she would only lick the juice and be done,talked to my vet and they said as long as she drinks enough water dry food only is fine(i guess lots of cats dont drink enough water)and rox does go through alot of water..So i just gave up the wet food altogether..And my place was only like 450 sq feet,not much room for exercise,so i think living here she might drop the 2 pounds,will see..Another question her and honey for the most part seem to be tolerating each other,but about an hour ago to me,it seemed like they were really gonna go at it,im just afraid if they do someone is gonna get an eye scratched..Mom doesnt think they would fight like that.But i dont et why sometimes they can come nose to nose and nothing happens and then like today almost totally go at it...I assume that is just how cats are..And i will be brushing honey she is totally into then BOOM she turns around and swats and hisses at me,just another cat thing??Maybe i need to just pet her for a minute and then back off before that happens..

14+kitties
April 5th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Too bad you can't get her on a good quality canned like the Wellness. It can be left out all day. Maybe she would come back and eat more later if you did that?
As for the fighting..... yeah, they do that. Sometimes they just need a time out for a while away from each other. They may always be like that.
Sounds like Honey has some attitude!! I have a couple that will do that too. You need to watch for their signal that they have had enough. The one in my small cat house does that. He will be great for a few minutes and then he turns on me. :shrug:

heidiho
April 5th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I could do that with the wet food...Will give that a try....Yeah honey is a tough one,she will turn turn on me in a second,but rox has no fear i swear when they get going roxy is the one that winds up running after honey til honey jumps on moms bed then rox will stop for some reason maybe she respects that that is honeys bed i dont know but so far once honey jumps up there rox will just sit on the floor and wait..Never thought my cat would be as good as she is at holding her own and not being scared..Makes me so proud.Not sure how thread got turned into my stuff,sorry..

14+kitties
April 5th, 2009, 07:32 PM
It IS your thread heidiho! You started it. It can go wherever you want it to. I think most members are just about sick to death of hearing about my guys anyway. I'm not shy about it. :rolleyes:
It sounds to me like Roxy has a healthy respect for Honey and won't overstep her boundaries. That's a great thing. :thumbs up You should be proud of her. Maybe when she does that instead of letting her sit and wait for Honey to come back down you can redirect her. Give both of them a chance to chill for a while. Just my :2cents:

heidiho
April 5th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Thats funny,thx..But it was a thread i started to be about u..But we do know how that goes..Sometimes i do make roxy leave the room,most of the time i really do,i believe that is honeys i dont know,safe place i guess,and rox needs to respect that.And yeah i am pretty proud of her,right now she is sleeping on honeys chair in the dining room....So funny how they try and cover each others scent with their own

14+kitties
April 5th, 2009, 07:45 PM
They still have that power struggle going on. Trying to figure out who is going to rule the roost. Honey is determined to because it's been her roost. Roxy wants to because she is trying to find her place. They will work it out. So far, so good.
I gotta go do the "wifey" thing for a while. I worked most of the day so haven't seen much of hubby. I'll be back............. :D

heidiho
April 5th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Gotta fit the husband in there somewhere.have a good night.