http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats%206/011-1.jpg

Hey, let me help you with the mouse.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats%206/013-1.jpg

Can't a girl surf the net in peace?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats%206/012-1.jpg

Okay, I think I've bored you with enough pictures today! LOL

Jim Hall
April 2nd, 2009, 08:15 PM
lol well that obviously a ramped up stray eh?

amzing to think that she ran away the first time

those half closed eyes of pure contentment

ancientgirl
April 2nd, 2009, 08:28 PM
Jim, I sort of don't blame her for running away the first time. She had a really small space, not much room to run around, was stressed and I had no clue what to do.

With the help of some meds, her own large space, less stress and a mommy who had a better idea of what to do, she's got the house cat thing down!

Jim Hall
April 2nd, 2009, 08:31 PM
ya well live and learn she off meds now isnt she?

leslie had to let one of the stray sisters get adopted alone she having a ruogh time too

ancientgirl
April 2nd, 2009, 08:40 PM
she's been off the meds since about September-October of 08. Thankfully, I only needed to have her on them for about 4 months. They really really helped. She was always alert, never doped up looking, and she was a lot calmer than the first time around, when she would foam at the mouth any time one of the other cats got near the gate.

hazelrunpack
April 3rd, 2009, 12:18 AM
The first time you brought her in, would you ever have thought she'd be looking so relaxed and at home? :cloud9: She's such a beauty, too!

Magicwildwolf69
April 3rd, 2009, 12:22 AM
i still love her coloring reminds me the time i had one similar color to her. I'm so glad to see her come the long way she has. I've kept up with the story though i haven't posted much.

Love4himies
April 3rd, 2009, 08:08 AM
You have done such a great job with her, AG. She looks like she is in bliss. :cloud9: :lovestruck:

14+kitties
April 3rd, 2009, 08:27 AM
Happy, happy girl! She isn't going anywhere now!! :cloud9:

ancientgirl
April 3rd, 2009, 08:42 AM
Hazel, no I never thought she'd get to this point, but I'm happy she has.

Lately, I've just been needing to set just a few little boundaries. She will be quite the bully sometimes in bed, so a few times I've had to gently push her off the bed and say no. I don't want her to think it's okay to bully the others off the bed, just because they are a little close to her. And she's picked up the nasty habit of scratching at the big white chair. :frustrated: Thanks for that Vlad.:rolleyes::laughing:

MommaKat
April 3rd, 2009, 09:12 AM
What a beauty, her fur looks so soft too :lovestruck: I really like looking at your pictures of your kitties, I can tell there is a whole lotta love in your house :cloud9:

ancientgirl
April 3rd, 2009, 09:40 AM
They have quite a bit of love. :lovestruck:

Her fur is very soft. I remember when she was outside, it was a bit scraggly and hard. But now she's all soft and cuddly.

krdahmer
April 3rd, 2009, 10:45 AM
They have quite a bit of love. :lovestruck:

Her fur is very soft. I remember when she was outside, it was a bit scraggly and hard. But now she's all soft and cuddly.

Understatement!!! They have oodles and oodles of love! ;)

And she certainly looks like she's got the hang of things! :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
April 3rd, 2009, 11:24 AM
You're right, I can't help myself. I adore each and every one of them.

She's got that lazy down pat all right. She likes to lay like that, especially when I'm on the computer. She's getting her nails trimmed tomorrow though. My thighs are looking like hamburger meat where she kneads at them. Ouch!

angeldogs
April 3rd, 2009, 07:46 PM
She is a beautiful cat.

ancientgirl
April 3rd, 2009, 07:50 PM
She is a beautiful cat.

I wish more people would realize even those that have been left behind, and abandoned are just as beautiful as any pedigreed cat.

ancientgirl
April 5th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I noticed some of the gang have been meeting me at the door the last few days. Meaning, they push the screen open. So, today I put the harness on 4 of them to see if they were curious about spending some time outside.

Vlad wouldn't even go out the door.
Oksana went outside, but sat at the door and when a neighbor was coming out of his apartment, she ran inside.
Kiska ran for dear life trying to get into the apartment through the screen.
Czari also ran for dear life away from the door. Her eyes were huge and black, and when I went to take the harness off of her her heart was beating fast. I think at this point, she's just curious, but she likes it in here better. I'm always going to be vigilant about them getting out, but I think she's lost her taste for outdoor life.

I didn't even try Maks.

chico2
April 5th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Aww A-G,little Czari is a wonderkitty,it just shows,that with a lot of perseverance and love,outdoor strays can make it indoor.
She's adorable:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
April 5th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Chico, I'll never let my guard down when it comes to the door, but at this point, it does seem she's enjoying being inside.

I've seen her go from a scared, stressed out cat who bolted out the door at the first opportunity, to a cat who loves to cuddle and chase treats and show trepidation when given the opportunity to go outside.

She may still be interested, but she seems fearful of other people.

While she was never, or at least didn't seem totally feral, I think having dealt with her as long as I have, I think it's possible for a stray cat to become a happy indoor cat. I'd argue that with anyone. I have proof it can work.

TeriM
April 10th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Awww, I love the last pic of her looking up :lovestruck:.

I also have a no scrapping on the bed policy. Desi gets a bit nasty sometimes with Fred and if they are grouchy then they both get "gently" shoved off. Doesn't take long before they put aside their differences :rolleyes:.

Winston
April 10th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Oh AG those pics say alot! They say to me "hey I am at home and I love it now!" she has such a gorgeous face! and sooo lucky to have stumbled into your life! you should be so proud! :thumbs up

ancientgirl
April 10th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Winston, I'm very proud of her. In this last week, she's taken to sleeping right in my arm where I hold her like a little teddy bear. She settles in next to me, with her back against my side, and throws her paws over my arm and rests her head on my shoulder. :cloud9: I went to sleep with a smile on my face.

Winston
April 10th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Awe thats something youll never forget! :thumbs up

ancientgirl
April 10th, 2009, 10:22 AM
No, not ever. She is such a special girl. To have survived outside for as long as she did, and still be so loving. I'm growing increasingly nervous about her dental appointment. I'm taking her in at the end of the month, because she needs her teeth cleaned and her gums treated. She's like 5 or 6 and I'm nervous about her being sedated. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to her. But I can't avoid her having this done. She doesn't have a healthy mouth, and her breath smells terrible as a result of it. :sad:

chico2
April 10th, 2009, 04:35 PM
A-G,I feel the same way about Vinnies surgery on Wednesday,I really dread it:sad:
I never had any problems when my other cats had there teeth cleaned,but since I joined the Forum,I've learned to worry about any sedation.
At least when Czari is sedated the vet can look properly for any problems.

ancientgirl
April 10th, 2009, 05:38 PM
A-G,I feel the same way about Vinnies surgery on Wednesday,I really dread it:sad:
I never had any problems when my other cats had there teeth cleaned,but since I joined the Forum,I've learned to worry about any sedation.
At least when Czari is sedated the vet can look properly for any problems.

Chico, I don't even want to think about anything happening to her. My main worry is, her age, and I just have never known her to be under sedation. My others are young and even though I worried when they had their S/N's I felt they would be fine because they were strong and young.

I am comforted in that at least I know Czari is healthy. She gets good food and I have kept up with her shots and check ups. I do hope she has no big issue. She's eating well, both her food and treats.

On a lighter note, I think I'll ask them to clean up her butt a little bit. It smells a little bad, she's got a small bit of poop on her and she won't let me wipe it with the kitty wipes. :rolleyes:

It's hard not to worry about them isn't it?

Jim Hall
April 10th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Vlad wouldn't even go out the door.
Oksana went outside, but sat at the door and when a neighbor was coming out of his apartment, she ran inside.
Kiska ran for dear life trying to get into the apartment through the screen.
Czari also ran for dear life away from the door. Her eyes were huge and black,

poor cz but lol he they not stupid. what, out there or in our palace? well snap!!!

rainbow
April 14th, 2009, 03:41 AM
It's very heartwarming to see how affectionate Czarina has become. :cloud9:

I love the third pic of her ....she is one beautiful girl. :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
April 14th, 2009, 08:46 AM
It's very heartwarming to see how affectionate Czarina has become. :cloud9:

I love the third pic of her ....she is one beautiful girl. :lovestruck:

She really is quite affectionate. She's also started to cuddle right against me, so at night when it's bedtime, she'll lay down and let me hold her like a little teddy bear and she'll lay her head on my shoulder.

I've noticed though, when she gets really affectionate, she gets bitey, and then I think she'll get freaked out and she'll start to hiss. At that point, I move her off of me and she walks away for a bit, then comes back.:D I don't know if that will change in time, but it's understandable she might get confused after not receiving any affection for so many years.:sad: