Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cats & Dogs

Writing4Fun
August 6th, 2004, 08:44 PM
Finally managed to catch Brooklyn (9 year old neutered male DSH) and Phoebe (4 month old soon-to-be-spayed female Shep/CollieX) on camera together. That's quite the feat, since they're usually moving too fast to catch on film (at least for my inadequate photographer abilities :o ). Don't worry, Brooklyn likes to display an Oscar the Grouch-ish facade to the world, but I know he's thrilled to have a companion once again (he was really missing Murphy). I actually caught him playing hide-and-seek with Phoebe around the hedges in the yard! So much for the "sophisticated cat" image he was going for! :D Seriously, you don't have to worry about his claws. He never uses them on anyone (including the kids) and I've watched carefully to see that he's not using them on Phoebe either - totally closed-fisted swatting going on (good kitty!). :)

sammiec
August 6th, 2004, 09:03 PM
LOL, it's so hard to catch them if they aren't accustom to hanging out together. I still can't get a great shot of them just hanging out!!! Here's the shots that I did manage.

Your pets are very cute!!!

glasslass
August 6th, 2004, 09:49 PM
I could look at cat and dog photos all night. If they only knew what power they have when they're looking so cute! :D

chico2
August 7th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Oh yes,me too....love them :D more,more,more please!!!!

sammiec
August 7th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Okay ladies, one more!!

chico2
August 7th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Briggs and Connor are sooo sweet.I take it Connor is not all that amused by Briggs :D My Chico does not like young Vinnie and probably never will,but all he does is hiss a bit when Vinnie comes to close for comfort.
I did at one time(223 yrs ago :D )have two dogs(a Sadie lookalike and a Cocker) and a cat and there was never a problem.Still it's so cute to see them together :p
Briggs looks like a real clown,is she??

sammiec
August 7th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Connor is not that much older than Briggs, he's 3 but by the way he interacts with her, you'd think he was 10!! He is not amused at all, but he tolerates her. Sometimes he will even start stuff with her. He'll pounce into the living room, swat her and run away hoping that she'll give chase. I think he regrets it once he gets her going though. She's very gentle with him! She mouths at him, but never bites down, and I know she could if she wanted to. She'll keep her mouth open to get him and he swats it and backs up. That's the game. When he's had enough he gets on the "dining" room table (we don't really have a dining room, it's more of a space with a table on the way to the bedroom - 1 bedroom apartment style :rolleyes: ). So, she'll whine and pout because she still wants to play, but he says no.
Briggs is a COMPLETE clown!! She's hilarious; making games up with her balls and bones; when she gets off the couch she drags herself off and leaves her bum up and stretches out. She looks so silly. It's so wonderful having a dog around again! - my last one went to a new home when I moved to college about 5 years ago or so; :( I had posted about her before in one of Heidi's threads...

Briggs and Connor are sooo sweet.I take it Connor is not all that amused by Briggs :D My Chico does not like young Vinnie and probably never will,but all he does is hiss a bit when Vinnie comes to close for comfort.
I did at one time(223 yrs ago :D )have two dogs(a Sadie lookalike and a Cocker) and a cat and there was never a problem.Still it's so cute to see them together :p
Briggs looks like a real clown,is she??

glasslass
August 8th, 2004, 09:48 AM
:D That body language! THAT was my upper for this morning! Thanks! :D

wAggie
August 8th, 2004, 11:11 PM
it's true! hard to take pix of them togever

HEHE :p :D

This pic was taken the day after I brought the brothers (kittens) home, and Choco was reacting as the show-off. :)