Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am....

Luvmypitgirls
April 1st, 2009, 10:26 AM
A slob. There it's out, I've said it.:o

I didn't realize just how much of a slob I was till yesterday.
While I do keep up on dishes, and I wash my floors frequently (have no choice with all the dogs), I try to keep up on the laundry and my bathrooms are clean, I've let the rest of the house go :o

Reno's that are half complete, corners filled with drywall supplies and doors, corners filled with buckets of paint. Corners filled with bags of "decor" items that I buy thinking they will look nice once I finish this job or that job:o

Yesterday I decided to tackle my familyroom, I hauled out the steam cleaner to clean my loveseat, which will never return to it's original color (who in their right mind with as many dogs as I have purchase cream colored furniture:frustrated:) I pulled the loveseat away from the wall and low and behold, there was my long lost Ikea catalogue, 1 pr of jeans, one of the remotes to our stereo, two dog dishes I've long since replaced. Approx, 5 pairs of socks, an undershirt, 2 plates (from the set I replaced over a year ago), a glass and 3 pairs of my long lost shoes! Not to mention dust bunnies the size of a large cat. I thought perhaps I'd keep a couple, name them and buy them collars, "Jack" and "Jo".

I then accidentally brushed up against one of my walls, and could totally see the huge difference where my shirt had wiped the wall. So I vaccumed all the walls, my walls now look freshly painted :o. There were cobwebs in the windows and around the patio doors:o.

There are boxes of this and that I have moved from one spot to another, never really making the committment to go thru it all and tossing what we don't need. I came across one shoebox, full of old papers and bills....from 2002.:o

I'm scared to think about what I will find under our bed:o

I'm a slob, I never knew I was such a slob:shrug:

Now excuse me for I think I hear "Jack" and "Jo", whining to go out.:rolleyes:

RolandsMom
April 1st, 2009, 12:31 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
you are indeed brave admitting to the slobbery, although slobbery is a harsh word. maybe disorganized is a better term to use. and lol to all those things you found behind your loveseat!! I should check behind mine!
Life runs away with us and I think we prioritize what is important. dust bunnies I think is okay to be low on the list. Family time and fun time (and :frustrated:school) are the ones that count.
Dont feel too bad. My place is a disaster area as well with not enough space to put everything!!!

ancientgirl
April 1st, 2009, 12:47 PM
I will show my support by also admitting I'm a slob too. Of course to the untrained eye, I look like I'm a really neat and orderly person.

When I moved in to my new place, which was over a year and a half ago, I cleaned it. That's the last time it had any kind of decent cleaning. The most I'd done was clean the bathrooms and the floors, that's it. The only time my bed is actually "made" is when I put new sheets. The rest of the time, since I keep the comforter on at night, I just pull the comforter up and that's it. It stays all wrinkly and pretty disheveled looking. :D

For months after I moved I still had boxes unpacked and in the living room. I finally wound up taking them and putting them in closets, and they are still unpacked. I've got several years of just papers accumulated, bills, coupons, etc... All stuff I really should just toss, but can't be bothered to.

I didnt' realize how much dust I actually had accumulated until I started dusting last weekend. When the cleaning lady swept down the steps, the amount of hair she had was also about as big as a cat! I and my gang have been breathing in all of that. Oy!

It's sort of hard to see when you are living it daily.

I guess it's harder for women to have to admit, since society makes us to be the house keepers extraordinaire, and if we aren't any good at it then there must be something wrong with us.:rolleyes:

clm
April 1st, 2009, 01:04 PM
I've never been good with housework. When DH and I moved in together over 30 years ago, I told him I wasn't good at it and had no intention of getting good at it. :laughing:

Cindy

Luvmypitgirls
April 1st, 2009, 02:11 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
you are indeed brave admitting to the slobbery, although slobbery is a harsh word. maybe disorganized is a better term to use. and lol to all those things you found behind your loveseat!! I should check behind mine!
Life runs away with us and I think we prioritize what is important. dust bunnies I think is okay to be low on the list. Family time and fun time (and :frustrated:school) are the ones that count.
Dont feel too bad. My place is a disaster area as well with not enough space to put everything!!!

I have a fairly good sized house, and there is still clutter everywhere! I am not only a slob but obviously a procrastinator! lol. You are so right tho, "life runs away with us", my kids/hubby, and pets have been my priority for years, the size of my "dust bunnies" is testiment to that :laughing:

I will show my support by also admitting I'm a slob too. Of course to the untrained eye, I look like I'm a really neat and orderly person.

When I moved in to my new place, which was over a year and a half ago, I cleaned it. That's the last time it had any kind of decent cleaning. The most I'd done was clean the bathrooms and the floors, that's it. The only time my bed is actually "made" is when I put new sheets. The rest of the time, since I keep the comforter on at night, I just pull the comforter up and that's it. It stays all wrinkly and pretty disheveled looking. :D

For months after I moved I still had boxes unpacked and in the living room. I finally wound up taking them and putting them in closets, and they are still unpacked. I've got several years of just papers accumulated, bills, coupons, etc... All stuff I really should just toss, but can't be bothered to.

It's sort of hard to see when you are living it daily.

I guess it's harder for women to have to admit, since society makes us to be the house keepers extraordinaire, and if we aren't any good at it then there must be something wrong with us.:rolleyes:

Awe thank you for your support, I'm so glad there are other ppl that understand:D...

We moved into this house ohhh 10-11 yrs ago (can't remember exactly but it's been at least that long), I have a crawlspace full of boxes that I have never unpacked down there, occassionally I go in there and pull out a box, but then it gets abandoned in another area of the house. I am a packrack, there's no denying it. I do surface cleaning as well, but I think I really need to "clean up". I relate to the hair issue, I could post a pic of my basement stairs and post it, but my God I can only handle so much humiliation!:laughing:

I've never been good with housework. When DH and I moved in together over 30 years ago, I told him I wasn't good at it and had no intention of getting good at it. :laughing:

Cindy

:laughing::laughing::laughing: I told hubby last night that I think I'm a bit deficient at housekeeping, he replied "You're just figuring that out now?" :laughing::laughing:

Jim Hall
April 1st, 2009, 02:38 PM
:laughing::laughing:sorry but

Bailey_
April 1st, 2009, 04:40 PM
I just managed to find and marry a man who LOVES to clean, and LOVES to do laundry. Seriously, I think I've done maybe two loads since we've been married three years ago. :laughing:

ancientgirl
April 1st, 2009, 06:15 PM
Does he have a brother?