Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What's wrong with buying pet store puppies?

Lucky Rescue
August 6th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Here is a picture of a puppy mill "reject" - one of the many who never makes it to the pet store. For every cute and healthy looking puppy at the pet store, there are MANY like this little girl who are killed or dumped, or like this one, offered to anyone at a "Pit bull and Rottie Sell Out." There are also many who die enroute to the pet store because of the horrendous conditions they are subjected to during transport.

Do you really want to put money into the pockets of the people who are responsible for this??

This baby has no hair and is infested with parasites and worms. So the next time you are tempted to spend big bucks on a pet store puppy, think of all this suffering that went into the "product" and walk away!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/alwyn02/pup2.jpg

chico2
August 6th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Oh Lucky,you should have a warning with that picture,broke my heart....poor little puppy :(

sammiec
August 6th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Oh Lucky!! That poor baby!!! What a way to start life!! :( Were they able to help her? SOO sad!!

Lucky Rescue
August 6th, 2004, 08:42 PM
I'm sorry Chico!!!:( I guess I just didn't think that was bad, compared to a lot of other images I've seen.:(

Don't worry - someone took pity on her, and she is now in a loving home with owners who are trying to resolve her health issues!!

sammiec
August 6th, 2004, 08:45 PM
I would have taken pitty on her too! She's adorable, the poor little pooch!!!

glasslass
August 6th, 2004, 10:39 PM
I hope there's a special hell for people who are able to do this to innocent fur-babies. :mad:

Luba
August 6th, 2004, 11:44 PM
There are some days where I just wish for the right to PTS humans! :(