Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

That wasnt so bad

onster
March 30th, 2009, 09:43 PM
On impulse I just bought a pack of chicken backs (supposed to be for soups/stews I guess). Lots of meat on them.

The backs themselves were kinda big so I took one out and of course used the wrong knife :rolleyes: hacked around a bit. Got a big chunk of chicken only off and Onnie who I thought would def give me trouble (sticks to kitty food) chowed down :thumbs up:thumbs up First he gave it a few licks but then he just started chewing and it was down the hatch in a blink of an eye!

I put some of the chunks (with bone) I had cut off in their bowls and Bunduk licked and licked and licked (for once he wouldnt nom :yell:). So I picked up the chicken in my hand :yuck: and he ate from my hand, nomming off the meaty parts (quite a bit). I was kinda wary of the rib bones at this point cuz they had been broken by yours truly and looked jagged so I ended up ripping them out and throwing them away. Left the neck for them in their bowl...we'll see what happens :cool: Is it safe to leave unsupervised?

I put the other backs in individual baggies and into the freezer.:thumbs up

TulipRoxy
March 30th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Wow! Good job! You'll be a raw feeder in no time at all! ;)

growler~GateKeeper
March 31st, 2009, 02:20 AM
Is it safe to leave unsupervised?

Cats & dogs should always be supervised (but don't hover) with bones, especially beginners

onster
March 31st, 2009, 06:58 AM
Thanks TulipRoxy...trying to do it slowly!

I honestly thought Onnie would have nothing to do with it. He tends to inhale kibble and lick canned food. Not a chewer that one.

growler, thanks. They didnt eat the rest anyhow, threw it out :sad: