Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Newbie!

ReggieBaby
March 29th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Hello everyone! My name is Tabitha and I recently adopted a 8 month old Pit Bull/Great Dane mix. His original owner is in the military and had to go away for training so she surrendered him to the pound :(....so sad! His name is Reggie and he is a total sweetheart! I've had him for almost a week and he is slowly coming out of his shell. My understanding is that his previous owner was very good to him...took him on play dates, kept his shots UTD. However, when I saw him at the pound he was sulking and the ONLY dog that wasn't barking. You could tell he was totally heartbroken. He brought tears to my eyes and I knew I couldn't leave him there.

He has a difficult time with "separation anxiety" which is totally understandable. We are becoming very attached to each other and I truly love this guy! I also own 6 Chinchillas, which Reggie has become VERY curious about LOL.

We're glad to be here and hope to learn lots and meet some new friends :thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
March 29th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the board Reggiebaby 50104 50103

Such a nice story and I'm sure you'll find lots of useful information here on the forums however; pictures of Reggie are a MUST :thumbs up

chico2
March 29th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Reggiebaby,WELCOME!

Reggies story is very sad:sad:but I am sure he'll be happy from now on.
Great Dane/pittie is a strange combination,love to see pics,he must be adorable:lovestruck:
Thank you for deciding to give this boy a home:thumbs up

cuko
March 31st, 2009, 07:18 AM
WELCOME to the forum Reggiebaby and cant wait to see some photos of all your babies..... love chinchillas their green eyes captivate me!

Magicwildwolf69
April 1st, 2009, 12:11 AM
welcome to the forums! I agree sounds like an interesting mix must have pics!

and my name is Tabitha too and you spell it the same way! What a small world :)

hazelrunpack
April 2nd, 2009, 10:07 PM
Welcome, ReggieBaby! We definitely need pics of your furkids! :D

Tundra_Queen
April 6th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Hi
Welcome to the forum! Thank u for adopting Reggie, he sounds like he really needed you.

Would love to see some pics of him too!

Debbie