Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Caught a big one!!

Catt31
August 6th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Ok, its humorous now, but sure wasn't funny yesterday!!! Brick and I went camping for a week to Kananaskis again and were playing fetch in the Kananaskis river. After one throw, he looked like he was stuck on something, and my immediate reaction was weeds. My friend noticed something green by his leg and she screamed, then my other friend jumped in the river without a second hesitation and grabbed him to hold him still. He was caught on a God Damn fishing hook!! The line was snagged on a piece of wood in the river and I guess the fisherman just left it there! JERK!!

I jumped in the river and tried to get it out of his leg (arm pit area) but couldn't budge it cuz it was a barbed hook with 3 prongs. A man and his wife were also there playing with their dog in the water, and he ran to his campsite and got his pliers. We finally got it out of his leg... Brick was sooo brave!! He was bleeding a bit but he is ok now!! Thank God!! I was so scared, I started crying right there on the river bank!! And Brick, being Brick, jumped back in the river, waiting for us to throw the stick!! Crazy dog!!!! LOL :rolleyes:

Catt31
August 6th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Couple more pics!!!

Sneaky2006
August 6th, 2004, 01:25 PM
That is awful!! I'm glad he is ok.
Aside from that it looks like he had a very good time! And that is one big stick ;)

shihtzulover
August 6th, 2004, 01:29 PM
I am so glad he is alright. Fish hooks can be nasty, when my cat was young she got in our storage room and climbed up the shelves in there where my husband kept his fishing gear, she found a 3 hook fishing luir and started playing with it. She ended up with 1 hook in her mouth and the other 2 in her paws. We had to rush her to the emergency animal hospital at 1am. she was fine once they were removed, but I cried so hard, when I got home I throw out all his fishing hooks and never allowed them in the house again.
I know it was our fault she got a hold of it, but we learned a huge lesson that night.
The mountains in your pictures are beautiful, is that in Alberta? It looks like an awesome place to go.

heidiho
August 6th, 2004, 01:31 PM
From where you live how far is that place?? It is gorgeous.........

Sneaky2006
August 6th, 2004, 01:50 PM
I didn't see the mountains before, they are beautiful! They even look fake :p

glasslass
August 6th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Looks like Doggie Paradise! How scary about the hook. Why are people so irresponsible?! Glad he wasn't more seriously hurt.

sammiec
August 6th, 2004, 02:40 PM
STOP POSTING THOSE FRIGGIN PICTURES!!! I LOVE those mountains sooo much!! I am SOO jealous that they are so close to you!! I need to leave Ontario..
I am so glad that the Brickster is okay, Briggs sends her love! She says she is SOO glad that he's alright!

She just farted in her sleep and it stinks REAL bad!! :eek: Gas mask, gas mask... my vision is blurring....

chico2
August 6th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Catt31.the mountains are just beautiful,you must have better weather than us here in southern Ontario.Brick is having the bestest(I know,you're a teacher!)doggie-life :D

Bill & Bob
August 6th, 2004, 04:21 PM
You take some pretty good pictures there kiddo. Glad Brick didn't get the hook in the pads on his feet. That would really be a mess.

Writing4Fun
August 6th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Groan!! I was lucky enough to visit Kananaskis once in my life, about 6 years ago. It is, bar none, the most beautiful place on the planet. Truly, Heaven on Earth. I was there for a "team building" exercise, and even that couldn't dampen the beauty of the mountain scenery! :D

Luba
August 6th, 2004, 10:46 PM
OMG you must have been frantic...Sadie Licks to you and him
snuggles snuggles!!

What a loser for leaving that there!gRRRRRRRRRR People!!

He does love the water though, look at him.. You are such a good mommie Catt woman :D

Catt31
August 7th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Awww thanks everybody!!! It was scary but he is back to his regular old self again!! He did miss his Daddy last week, but we're home now and he's a happy camper!!!

heidi - the mountains are an hour away from Calgary, a bit longer if you go further into the mountains...but where I was was only about 45 min - 1 hr. We can see them from our house looming on the horizon....absolutely gorgeous!!!

sammie - omg girl...you crack me up!!! Try dog farts in a TENT!!! UGH!!! You really should visit Alberta at least once in your life....it IS heaven on earth!!! :D

anita - I use the word "bestest" all the time (shhh don't tell my students!! )LMAO

Oh man Bill, the pad would have been the worst!!! When Brick cut his pad on ice this winter he bled like a stuck pig........imagine if the fish hook went in there? or worse.... Tim is an avid fisherman so I can't bash fisherman...but damn that irresponsible dude......GRRRRRRRRR!!!!! What a loser is right Luba!!!

Licks and sniffs to Sadie and Briggs!!! :p (and Bob, and Den Den, and the fur bums, and whoever else I missed (it's early).....yer all DA BEST!!!! )

sammiec
August 7th, 2004, 01:52 PM
sammie - omg girl...you crack me up!!! Try dog farts in a TENT!!! UGH!!! You really should visit Alberta at least once in your life....it IS heaven on earth!!! :D

The worst are when she plays and the goes to sleep she so out of it, she keeps farting over and over.... LOL, so dirty!!!

I've been out west about 3 times. I was there for my "vacation" last year. I was in Edmonton for 2 weeks (not much of a vacation... :rolleyes: ) and then a spent a week in Banff. I mentioned before that I have family that is in Cohrane and some in Edmonton... I think I would enjoy seeing the mountains more then them though!! :rolleyes: :o :D

I would just LOVE to be able to go out on the back deck and enjoy my coffee with mountains looming all around me. My goal is to retire in Canmore!! Loto 649 will have to ge me there though! ;)