Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitties enjoying the outdoors

onster
March 26th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I was doing some backyard cleanup with the boys. All of sudden I couldnt spot bunduk, almost had a freakout until I looked up! I think he is chanelling Jasper here :crazy:

I iz in a tree

:cry2: mommy how I get down?

HALP!

I dunno if it was the cat tree indoors or the pics of jasper that sparked his interest in trees or what. Nevertheless this is a milestone for bunduk - first real tree climbed :D

onster
March 26th, 2009, 03:48 PM
All the leaves lying around give Bunduk great cover to practice his stalking techniques

:cool:

I gots you now birdie

oh no! he's all the way up there :eek:

Mommy can you bring birdie down for me??

onster
March 26th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Onnie was there too but decided to stay on the deck (please dont mind how hideous it is - handyman project gone wrong..way wrong).

headbutting me through the railing
beautiful kitty

The reason Onnie stayed on the deck. One of the neighbour's huskies was out

onster
March 26th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Onnie only braves walking past doggie when Im there

yep doggie is interested in Onnie..and onnie is interested in escape :frustrated: thank goodness he's too plump to worry about lol

Meanwhile Bunduk continued climbing things

That's all folks!

14+kitties
March 26th, 2009, 04:11 PM
OMG! You need to put Bunduk on a leash but the little beggar would probably hurt himself! That is scary!!! I would be afraid he would jump on the other side and be gone again! The pics are soo cute though!! :cloud9: His problem is he isn't afraid of anything. Too funny Onnie not going past the dog unless you are there beside him. :lovestruck:

BenMax
March 26th, 2009, 04:20 PM
The husky eye balling the kitty is just too uncomfortable for me....yikes.:eek:

Jim Hall
March 26th, 2009, 04:30 PM
huskie thinking hmm lunch or playmate

lol bun in a tree sheesh she disappers in those leaves

chico2
March 26th, 2009, 04:36 PM
14+,If I am not mistaken,I think Bunduk is on a leash..what a clown he is and has the face to go with it:laughing::laughing:
Usually cats don't climb fir-trees,but that Bunduk is a very unusual kitty:laughing:
Onnie looks really sweet:lovestruck:

Love4himies
March 26th, 2009, 06:21 PM
:eek: He is doing a "Jasper" :laughing: How did he get down????

Jasper doesn't climb fir trees but he as a choice of so many others, maybe Bunduk doesn't have a choice :sad:

14+kitties
March 26th, 2009, 06:26 PM
14+,If I am not mistaken,I think Bunduk is on a leash..what a clown he is and has the face to go with it:laughing::laughing:
Usually cats don't climb fir-trees,but that Bunduk is a very unusual kitty:laughing:

Thanks chico. I couldn't see one so thought he didn't have one. :thumbs up

onster
March 26th, 2009, 07:20 PM
OMG! You need to put Bunduk on a leash but the little beggar would probably hurt himself! That is scary!!! I would be afraid he would jump on the other side and be gone again! The pics are soo cute though!! :cloud9: His problem is he isn't afraid of anything. Too funny Onnie not going past the dog unless you are there beside him. :lovestruck:

I had to go back out to do more work in the yard and bunduk went through a gap in the fence to those neighbour's yard. I had to get treats and coax him back through the fence to me. I feel so bad him and Onnie love being outside with me but I dont think I can do it with Bunduk so much...I always have to be on my toes and never get anything done :shrug: This is the first time he climbed a tree and it just adds a new dimention of nervousness on my part! Tried a leash b4 but he just got tangled up really bad.

The husky eye balling the kitty is just too uncomfortable for me....yikes.:eek:

Bunduk approached the husky thru the fence and the poor dog jumped and backed away :crazy: Do huskies have high prey drive?

huskie thinking hmm lunch or playmate

lol bun in a tree sheesh she disappers in those leaves

lol

What trees do they usually climb? we have the fir tree..evergreen ( think thats what theyre called) and an oak tree. Bunduk isnt on a leash no. Just wearing a collar with a tag.

onster
March 26th, 2009, 07:24 PM
:eek: He is doing a "Jasper" :laughing: How did he get down????

Jasper doesn't climb fir trees but he as a choice of so many others, maybe Bunduk doesn't have a choice :sad:

:sad: wht kinda trees does jasper climb? He started to meow and started to come down. I tried to tell him to wait and was trying to reach up to get him down...he climbed down a bit then he just fell out :eek:

Thanks chico. I couldn't see one so thought he didn't have one. :thumbs up

yeah no leash actually, u were right 14+

14+kitties
March 26th, 2009, 07:30 PM
That boy! It's a good thing cats have 9 lives. He has used up a few of them! The stinker! :cloud9:

Love4himies
March 26th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Jasper seems to like the elm trees. We have large pines, but he won't climb them :shrug:.

Jasper climbs half way down waits for me to reach up, then he lets go and I catch him:laughing:. Maybe Bunduk thought you would do the same.

rainbow
March 26th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Bunduk approached the husky thru the fence and the poor dog jumped and backed away :crazy: Do huskies have high prey drive?

Normally ..... YES !!!

Logan and the other two that we had would never hurt our cats but I sure wouldn't trust them with anyone elses. :eek:

I didn't know that you had huskies next door ......is that "the" neighbour? :confused:

Not too long after I rescued Jasmine she went up the cedar tree at the back corner of our house .....it's about 60 ft. or so high and she went almost to the top. :eek: Took us at least 4 hours to get her to come down but she jumped off the tree onto the roof and then hubby had to get the ladder out to get her off the roof :frustrated: ....and she gave him a few scratches for his efforts. :D

She has gone up it since but not as high .....the same as the fir trees out front. At least Ziggy isn't quite as bad. :rolleyes:

Anyways, those are really cute pics :lovestruck: but I hope this doesn't open up a whole new can of worms for Bunduk. :D :eek:

hazelrunpack
March 26th, 2009, 10:06 PM
That little dickens!!! Love his expression in that third pic! :laughing:

So the little :evil: had an exciting day, eh? Silly :cat:...

onster
March 26th, 2009, 10:08 PM
lol L4H i guess next time Ill have to catch him :p

rainbow, my neighbours have 2 huskies. But theyre really mean..i cant remember what I told u b4 bout my neighbours? They dont say hello or talk to us and if they come out in the yard and their dogs are anywhere near the fence/near us they just yell at their dogs to come back inside. Not like I would hurt them :shrug: One year they actually put up a mini fence in between (with chicken wire) so the dogs couldnt get that close.

Very strange family. One of their sons used to go to the same school as my lil bro and he said that even at school the son stays away from people etc. :shrug:

when i asked htem to look for bunduk in their yard/garage when he went missing they practically slammed the door in my face tho :frustrated:

onster
March 26th, 2009, 10:10 PM
oh and crazy jasmine!!!

omg now im gonna have nightmares bout bunduk getting stuck in trees :eek::eek:

lol

hazel yep he did. He's sleeping now. His little nose is whistling..so cute..hehe

Love4himies
March 27th, 2009, 07:49 AM
lol L4H i guess next time Ill have to catch him :p

rainbow, my neighbours have 2 huskies. But theyre really mean..i cant remember what I told u b4 bout my neighbours? They dont say hello or talk to us and if they come out in the yard and their dogs are anywhere near the fence/near us they just yell at their dogs to come back inside. Not like I would hurt them :shrug: One year they actually put up a mini fence in between (with chicken wire) so the dogs couldnt get that close.

Very strange family. One of their sons used to go to the same school as my lil bro and he said that even at school the son stays away from people etc. :shrug:

when i asked htem to look for bunduk in their yard/garage when he went missing they practically slammed the door in my face tho :frustrated:

I feel sorry for kids in that type of family.

chico2
March 27th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I guess some cats climb fir-trees then,I know a Calico that lives around here,climbs in to our hedge,sits there very quietly waiting for a bird to fly in to her mouth:laughing:like Sylvester.
My cats don't climb trees anymore,but we have two big trees,don't know what they are,except messy,that they used to climb when they were younger.
Onster,when we have our cats outside with us,the first while they'll go around checking things out,any new smells etc,spray a little and after that they usually lay down in a sunny spot.
The only thing that would make my cats jump the fence,is if they see another cat,we always check around first,make sure there is no cat around.
We use the hose as a deterrent:laughing:
Bunduk though,is another story,I'd be very,very careful,cats can be very quick:cat:

RolandsMom
March 27th, 2009, 10:42 AM
I love adventurous kitties! brave boy. They really do love being outside dont then?:cloud9:

ancientgirl
March 27th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Wow, he got up there pretty high! I love the one with Onnie looking at you through those bars.