Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pet Insurance

rexdoggieowner
August 6th, 2004, 11:28 AM
i am looking for a good quality dog insurance-- i'm sure all you have one or another... can you direct me on which one is good.. i live in burlington, ontario ( in case that matters) .. i am a student so i can't pay like 100 bucks a month or nothing of that extreme... my dog is getting neutered this month :( and is healthy!!

i just know how much dogs cost (i personally pay for my dog)

thanks

Cinnabear
August 6th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Do you expect to be using it shortly or thinking about long term?
I would seriously look at a savings account with a decent interest amount. Especially if your saving a 100 a month. At least long term you'll have the money saved and if don't need it, you'll be able to use your self. :)

When I looked at ins I saw it wasn't covered at 100%. And yet there is still certain restrictions on using the ins.

mastifflover
August 6th, 2004, 12:48 PM
I would speak to your vet there is one that is better than the other and since they deal with them they will be able to tell you better. There is one that is very picky with the claims and has many more exemptions and is much slower paying.

Catt31
August 6th, 2004, 12:55 PM
I use PetCare Insurance and have been quite happy with their services. I pay for my 2 cats and my dog and get a special rate. Never had any problems with claims for my cats, haven't had to make a claim with Brick yet!! The plans start at $10.95/month and go up to $49.95 unless you have a "select" breed. I'm happy with the coverage of the plan I use. I started out on the smallest plan (cheapest) then when I started to make/save more money I upped it to the better plan. Check them out at petcareinsurance.com or call them..the dude was really helpful and we got set up on our insurance within the hour!

Thats my 5 cents!!! :D