Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found Cat

KellyAnne
March 25th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Hello!
I found a handsome brown, black tabby with white on his paws, chest and tummy yesterday (24 March 2009). He seems to have been on the street for some time now but you can tell that he did have a home. It also seems that he has a broken leg...poor thing. He is very affectionate! I found him on the street on 56th ave in Lachine, Qc right on the border of Dorval. I know there has been a fire back in Jan right behind where I found him and was wondering if he came from there. Please contact me if this is your cat.
Thank you!

cpietra16
March 25th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Are there any postesr of the 2 cats that were lost because of the fire...I can't remember what they looked like, but I remember seeing it on this board. It would be great if this was one of them...does anyone have the pictures...???

NoahGrey
March 25th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Why do you think that he has a broken leg? And if so, this cat needs vet attention right away. If you do not want to pay it for yourself, I think you should take it to your local animal shelter, and they will take it too a vet. I see in one of the pictures, that he is favoring his leg. It might not be broken, but injured somehow. The cat still needs to be seen by a vet.

This cat also might be chipped as well and or have a lost report at the shelter.

ACO22

BenMax
March 25th, 2009, 11:53 AM
What a gorgeous cat. I would contact both Dorval animal control and Lachine as well to let them know you found the cat. Please DO NOT BRING THE CAT THERE.

If you cannot keep this cat please bring him to the MSPCA (though they may ask for a drop off fee - but it will at least give this cat a chance at another home.

The other two pounds will kill this cat. There is no doubt in my mind.

If you cannot keep this cat and the MSPCA refuses to accept please let me know and I will help you network a rescue group. If you can keep him if not claimed...all the better.

Best of luck to you and this gorgeous feline.
:cat:

Winston
March 25th, 2009, 02:58 PM
You know this picture keeps coming back in my mind as if someone posted a picture like it or of one lost?? I have tried the searching option here but have not used it much but boy this cat looks familiar!

Does anyone else think so?

chico2
March 25th, 2009, 04:02 PM
KellyAnn,he is beautiful,whatever you do please do not give him to any of the two shelters BenMax mentioned.
I forgot what that fire was about,but if that's where you found him,it's a great possibility he was from there and the owners are missing him.
He of course needs vet-care for his leg,poor little guy,don't hesitate to ask BenMax for help,she's great!!and please do not just put him outside again:fingerscr

KellyAnne
March 27th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Hello,
Just to give you an update that I called the Lachine pound and they did not want to hear what I had to say, all they wanted was to come get the cat and I refused. I cannot believe they were not helpful at all. I brought the cat to the SPCA just to see if they could scan him for a chip but he did not have anything :-( If I left him there, they would have put him down. So he is still here with me at home. Could you tell me how to contact the MSCPA?
Thank you!

chico2
March 28th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Kelly-Anne,I don't know anything about the MSPCA,but I am glad you still have him,he has to somehow get treatment though,for his leg and any other problems:sad:
He looks like a stunning cat,hopefully you can get him help very soon.
Hold on until someone from Montreal can point you in the right direction,ok:grouphug: