Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

No pointless debate,just sorry

chico2
March 25th, 2009, 11:06 AM
I am NOT starting a debate about the horrid seal-hunt,just want to say sorry to those poor babies being clubbed or hooked as I type this:cry:
Maybe there is a spot at the bridge for them:rip:little ones

RolandsMom
March 25th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Its horrible. I just read a headline about 17000 killed. I wont start a debate either although it is so difficult not to go into a RANT!!!! :wall:

Love4himies
March 25th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Makes me sick, saw a news report yesterday that the seal hunt was on. :sad: :cry:

:rip: Sweet Babies.

Melinda
March 25th, 2009, 11:18 AM
RIP babies.....

ancientgirl
March 25th, 2009, 01:45 PM
I've been trying to keep it out of my mind. There are no words that can sufficiently express my feelings for this, no words. :sad:

Mat&Murph
March 25th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Poor little babies!! RIP little ones...hope you all find the rainbow bridge!

Luvmypitgirls
March 25th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Seal hunt= ashamed to be a Canadian:sad::cry::cry::cry:
That sums it up for me...no debate here either, too painful.

14+kitties
March 25th, 2009, 02:58 PM
:candle::rip:little babies :candle::sad:

BenMax
March 25th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Can't even say I am proud to be Canadian.

Sorry to all those little souls - so sorry.:rip:

How can anyone actually club an animal to death? I mean what kind of person can do this? How do you live with yourself?

Shaykeija
March 25th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Tears for all that are lost..

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll50/davisfawn/m_e41ab636cd06e62b55309eea86d7ca6d.jpg

BenMax
March 25th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Read this:

"A European Parliament committee recently endorsed a bill that could eventually lead to a ban on the import of all seal products to the European Union.

Russian President Vladimir Putin also recently banned the seal hunt in that country, calling it a "bloody trade."

Love4himies
March 25th, 2009, 03:41 PM
That is great news, if the CDN Gov't is not going to ban it, then the only way to stop it is by decreasing the demand.

Winston
March 25th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Chico thank you so much for starting this! At least these poor souls that go to the bridge will have been thought about at least once in their lifetime by people like everyone here! those that truly love animals!

I am ashamed to be Canadian and am ashamed that this is still going on.

I think that those that allow this to be legal should be forced to witness it in person..then we will see what they think of it being legal.

No debate on this issue I think most see the horror of it.

RIP babies!

Chris21711
March 25th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Read this:
Russian President Vladimir Putin also recently banned the seal hunt in that country, calling it a "bloody trade."

Only on the white coats for now unfortunately, from what I read in the paper this morning :sad:

I'm not even going to comment on the way I feel about the seal hunt, I would probably end up being banned from this site :yell:

chico2
March 25th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Chris,you are right,I was just going to mention that.
What happens though to the little ones,when the mothers are butchered:confused:
Some idiot designers Karl Lagerfeldt and Puff Diddy(if you can call him a designer)especially have once again started using dead animals in their clothing..but most of the sealfur goes to China..

Luvmypitgirls
March 26th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Read this:

"A European Parliament committee recently endorsed a bill that could eventually lead to a ban on the import of all seal products to the European Union.

Russian PM Vladimir Putin, has a "bad" rep on many fronts, but I applaud him for banning the seal hunt. He obviously has a heart.
Yay for the European Parliment committee for endorsing a bill that could lead to the ban of seal product imports.
I would like to see the rest of the world ban seal products, and as far as those that participate in this barbaric practice of clubbing baby seals, I don't know how they can live with themselves.:sad:

Chris21711
March 26th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Chris,you are right,I was just going to mention that.
What happens though to the little ones,when the mothers are butchered:confused:

I'm just guessing Chico, but I imagine they will die :sad:

Some idiot designers Karl Lagerfeldt and Puff Diddy(if you can call him a designer)especially have once again started using dead animals in their clothing..but most of the sealfur goes to China..

:frustrated::yell:

happycats
March 26th, 2009, 12:41 PM
RIP little ones :candle:

shame shame :ca:

But I firmly believe, what goes around comes around.

BenMax
March 26th, 2009, 12:52 PM
RIP little ones :candle:

shame shame :ca:

But I firmly believe, what goes around comes around.

I believe the same happycats. Karma will get you everytime.

kiara
March 26th, 2009, 01:51 PM
I really don't know what is the point of showing the public a seal hunt, we all know it will cause outrage, especially with animal lovers?? A lot of things in life are about money and it will never stop. Furs unfortunately will always be in style and God only knows how the other animals are killed for the same purpose, since we don't see it on T.V.?? Mink, chinchilla, wolf etc.??? I feel, we should be sorry for all the animals in slaughterhouses that are used for our food and they may not be killed humanely!!! What about those in research labs??? We should say a prayer for all of them!!!

chico2
March 26th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Kiara,what you mention is exactly why I ask not to make this a debate,there is just no point,but this thread I wanted to be focused on the horror of the sealhunt and my own feeling of sadness,knowing what is happening right now.