Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dogs Poisoned At Port Perry Park

Diamondsmum
March 24th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Dogs Poisoned At Port Perry Park
Tuesday March 24, 2009
CityNews.ca Staff
At least three dogs have been poisoned at a Port Perry Park, Durham Regional Police revealed Tuesday.

Poplar Park on Ash Street was closed from 11:30pm Monday until early morning Tuesday.

It appears that cupcakes laced with a substance similar to anti-freeze are behind the latest scare. The tainted treats were allegedly found near a tree in the park where children from a nearby school often play.

Three separate pet owners had taken their pets to a clinic after their dogs became sick.

The veterinarian believes the animals ingested a poison similar to anti-freeze. It may have even been windshield wiper fluid.

Police scoured nearby parks and found no other poisonous material.

All three dogs are now in stable condition and officers are still investigating.

If you can help, call police 1-888-579-1520 ext. 2686 or Crime Stoppers to remain anonymous 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

This isn't the first time dogs have been poisoned, either accidentally or intentionally, in the GTA

story here

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_33158.aspx

Diamondsmum
March 24th, 2009, 09:37 AM
GEEZ!!

I am sorry but I dont think I would let Diamond eat anything from the ground

Those poor Doggies & owners as well..

hazelrunpack
March 24th, 2009, 09:40 AM
You can't always stop them from snarfing...especially if you can't see what they're snarfing.

What's even more disturbing about this is that they used cupcakes as the vehicle--that almost sounds like they were targeting children, not dogs...

Mat&Murph
March 24th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Stories like that make me soo mad :wall: I never let the boys eat anything off the ground. People are sick in the head nowadays

Melinda
March 24th, 2009, 09:44 AM
what is wrong with people lately to deliberately lace cupcakes.....children play there!!! try getting something quickly out of a toddlers mouth let alone a dogs!!!

Mat&Murph
March 24th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I agree with that!!! I have small kids. My youngest is the worst for food!! (you would swear I starved her) If she found something like that there is no way I could get it out of her mouth in time..
I really don't understand these people

hazelrunpack
March 24th, 2009, 09:55 AM
That's why it sounds like this nutcase is targeting small children to me.

:fingerscr that the cops find him soon and throw the book at him... What a sicko!

Diamondsmum
March 24th, 2009, 10:46 AM
yup very true guys.

but who's to say how long they were sitting there.. & if a child did ingest them? GEEZ.

definatly sicko (s) for sure..