Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Roxy Before and After

TulipRoxy
March 23rd, 2009, 09:19 PM
I was just looking at some pictures of Roxy and was shocked at how different she looks! You don't really notice it when you see her every day, but its neat to see the pics side by side!

If you want to see more pics and hear her story I wrote about it on my blog.... :) http://myminizoo.wordpress.com

Brat
March 23rd, 2009, 10:32 PM
She is so beautiful! :cloud9:

I just read your blog and I can't believe how horrible some people can be!! "too big for the house" WHAT THE HELL?!

Well, she looks absolutely amazing now. Thank God you came into her life and saved her. :lovestruck:

MommaKat
March 23rd, 2009, 11:32 PM
wow what a change! She is a real beauty now. Did the previous owners even explain why they treated her like that other than "she's too big" ? like what the heck is that :frustrated:?!

How old was she when you got her? and were you looking for a second dog or did you just come across her? sorry for all the questions, just a little curious :D

TulipRoxy
March 23rd, 2009, 11:38 PM
wow what a change! She is a real beauty now. Did the previous owners even explain why they treated her like that other than "she's too big" ? like what the heck is that :frustrated:?!

No, they never really explained why they treated her like that. The guy got the dog for his daughter but I don't think she was too interested in her as she didnt even come out to say goodbye. My boyfriend did all the talking when we were there as the family was very french and my speaking level of french is bad. I think they thought that it was normal for her to stay outside. I don't think they really mistreated her as she wasnt scared of the guy. But you could tell he just wanted to get rid of her as he didnt ask us any qestions about our living sitation, dog experience, etc etc. My boyfriend was reluctant to even give him the $50...its like buying a life!

How old was she when you got her? and were you looking for a second dog or did you just come across her? sorry for all the questions, just a little curious :D=
She was a year when we got her and its only been about 6 months since we've had her. I was looking for another dog as a companion for my other sheltie, Tulip....and as soon as I saw her I knew I had to get her out of there!

hazelrunpack
March 23rd, 2009, 11:44 PM
She went from a fuzzy little waif to a foxy beauty in your care! :lovestruck: She has an exotic look to her eyes... Very lovely! Looks like she landed in good hands!

MommaKat
March 23rd, 2009, 11:54 PM
She was a year when we got her and its only been about 6 months since we've had her. I was looking for another dog as a companion for my other sheltie, Tulip....and as soon as I saw her I knew I had to get her out of there!

Very nice Happy Tail, I can't over how different she looks in only 6 months :lovestruck: Her and Tulip look so much alike .

growler~GateKeeper
March 24th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Roxy looks great :lovestruck: you've done a wonderful job with her :thumbs up She's so happy & purrty :lovestruck:

Shelties (& mixes) are already teensy dogs (compared to the med/large breeds I've had) how on earth could she've been too big for the house :rolleyes: what a :loser:

TulipRoxy
March 24th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Very nice Happy Tail, I can't over how different she looks in only 6 months :lovestruck: Her and Tulip look so much alike .

I know! I couldn't believe it either when I looked at the pictures side by side. She is was so skinny and she's solid muscle now...and her coat used to be the texture of straw and now its soft and silky.

We get asked ALL THE TIME if her and Tulip are mother/daughter, sisters, cousins etc etc...lol

TulipRoxy
March 24th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Roxy looks great :lovestruck: you've done a wonderful job with her :thumbs up She's so happy & purrty :lovestruck:

Shelties (& mixes) are already teensy dogs (compared to the med/large breeds I've had) how on earth could she've been too big for the house :rolleyes: what a :loser:

Yeah no kidding...shes only about 25 lb. I guess she looked big in comparison to the 5 lb pom they got to replace her!

Love4himies
March 24th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Wow what a difference, you are a great mommy. I assume you have your dogs on a raw diet as well?

14+kitties
March 24th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Gorgeous pup! But they both are. :cloud9: Great job!!!

mollywog
March 24th, 2009, 08:42 AM
I love seeing before and after pics. Thank you for taking her in and giving her such a good home! It really is amazing how much her and Tulip look alike! Is Tulip a purebred?

TulipRoxy
March 24th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Wow what a difference, you are a great mommy. I assume you have your dogs on a raw diet as well?

Yeah I do...its been about a year since I switched them all. I think thats one of the reasons Roxy has done such a turnaround... But Tulip as well is more muscley, has lost weight and has a softer coat.

TulipRoxy
March 24th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I love seeing before and after pics. Thank you for taking her in and giving her such a good home! It really is amazing how much her and Tulip look alike! Is Tulip a purebred?

Tulip is supposed to be a purebred. I think she is a sable merle which can have blue eyes. But she's a rescue as well so who knows!

angeldogs
March 24th, 2009, 08:28 PM
She is gorgeous and i just love her eyes.there is a real big difference in her fur.and in her physical shape.
Just read her story,she is so lucky you read the add and saved her life.

babymomma
March 28th, 2009, 06:42 PM
you did an amazing job with her!

I bet if you went back the guys house, you would find that they dont have a 5 pound pom anymore either:frustrated: Some ppeople Shouldnt be allowed to own an animal:yell:

TeriM
March 29th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Wow, they are both beautiful :lovestruck:.

rainbow
March 29th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Roxy is gorgeous. :lovestruck:

I am sure glad she found you :thumbs up .....you have done an amazing job. :angel:

ancientgirl
March 30th, 2009, 09:09 AM
What a difference. I mean, just look at her coat when you got her, and look at her now! She's beautiful, and by the look on her face, I think she knows it.:laughing:

WantingToLearn
April 25th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Oh my goodness! Absolutely beautiful!

hunnybunny
April 27th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Gosh! what a difference it looks like two dif dogs in pitures, well done you x