Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

cat grass - yum!

14+kitties
March 23rd, 2009, 05:36 PM
I thought I better bring this stuff in for the kitties before it got any browner. :o With all the working I have slacked off with the greenhouse this year. I know, bad!
Anyway............
#1 - Mittens
#2 - Tiny Tim
#3 - Tinka

14+kitties
March 23rd, 2009, 05:51 PM
#4 - Mylee
#5 - Dayle
and they are all happy kitties...... :D

MommaKat
March 23rd, 2009, 05:57 PM
Oh wow what beauties! Yup cat grass will get kitties attention for sure :laughing: Also Your cats have beautiful markings 14+ .

14+kitties
March 23rd, 2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks MommaKat. They all have their unique markings. Even my babies in the catuary have different markings. That's how I tell them all apart. :rolleyes:

angeldogs
March 23rd, 2009, 06:13 PM
Ok guys and gals not to much grass.mom doesn't need any addicts.

mollywog
March 23rd, 2009, 06:17 PM
:laughing: grass... :laughing:
Dale's markings are BEAUTIFUL!!! (so are all the others.. his are just so striking!)
glad to see they are enjoying your gardening skills ;)
Does catgrass have the same effect on cats as catnip? Or is it more just something for them to chew on?

14+kitties
March 23rd, 2009, 06:26 PM
Ok guys and gals not to much grass.mom doesn't need any addicts.

Nope, no addicts here. :fingerscr They have already lost interest. I will take it to my other ones tomorrow. They will love it!

:laughing: grass... :laughing:
Dale's markings are BEAUTIFUL!!! (so are all the others.. his are just so striking!)
glad to see they are enjoying your gardening skills ;)
Does catgrass have the same effect on cats as catnip? Or is it more just something for them to chew on?

Thanks! I will let Dayle know. She does have very unique markings.
Catgrass is just grass. Just to chew on. No highs from it. But kitties are like dogs in that they love to chew on it occasionally.

mollywog
March 23rd, 2009, 06:28 PM
oops- not only did I misspell Dayle's name, but I also thought she was a he!! :sorry:

14+kitties
March 23rd, 2009, 06:31 PM
oops- not only did I misspell Dayle's name, but I also thought she was a he!! :sorry:

:laughing: It's a normal thing. No problem. She got her name because I used to have a "Chip" too. Her brother. Same markings. I was hoping they would get adopted together but the people took another kitty from a different litter who also had those markings. Yes, the daddy has since been trapped and neutered.

Love4himies
March 23rd, 2009, 06:44 PM
:laughing::laughing: wow, those are great pics, 14+. I can't tell the difference between TT and Tinka :o

14+kitties
March 23rd, 2009, 06:48 PM
You would be able to if you saw their faces L4H. TT's is very pointy and dark. He also has very gold eyes. His body is also a little darker. Tinka's face is softer. She has greenish/yellow eyes and a small freckle on each side of her nose.
It's pretty difficult when you have a pile o' tabbies to tell them apart but when you get to know them it's really not that hard.

rainbow
March 23rd, 2009, 07:52 PM
LOL, too cute :lovestruck: ....I love the ones of all five of them sharing the grass. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
March 23rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
So does Mittens always get the point position?

TT: "I'm not gonna touch it--you go check it out!"

Tinka: "I'm not gonna get near it. Let's get Mittens! He'll check it out. He's brave!!!"

:laughing:

Great pics, 14+! :D

growler~GateKeeper
March 24th, 2009, 12:58 AM
That's so cute how they all came one by one :laughing:

Great pics :thumbs up

I can't tell the difference between TT and Tinka :o

I guess you'll be taking them both then eh? :D :laughing:

14+kitties
March 24th, 2009, 08:08 AM
So does Mittens always get the point position?
TT: "I'm not gonna touch it--you go check it out!"
Tinka: "I'm not gonna get near it. Let's get Mittens! He'll check it out. He's brave!!!"
:laughing:
Great pics, 14+! :D

Sometimes Mittens is the first one there, sometimes not. In this case he happened to be sleeping on top of their crate when I brought the grass in and put it down so he was closer. He may have been the first there but TT was the first to actually bite the grass.

That's so cute how they all came one by one :laughing:

Great pics :thumbs up

I thought that was kind of neat too. Funny how they seem to sense something different in the house and come running. Works the same way when the treat bag comes out!

kwilli
March 24th, 2009, 08:26 PM
So cute! Lovely kitties with such pretty markings. I wonder if my chip and dale would like it? I think the pup will like it more! I've never tried to grow it... My thumbs are brown :) is it a difficult plant to grow?

14+kitties
March 24th, 2009, 08:40 PM
It's called oat grass. You get a pack of seeds and start it in any window. It's easy smeasy to grow. Cats love it! The dogs couldn't care less. All you do is stick the seeds in soil and water. The seeds do the rest.

angeldogs
March 24th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Nope, no addicts here. :fingerscr They have already lost interest. I will take it to my other ones tomorrow. They will love it!
That's good don't need any of that happening.

Thanks! I will let Dayle know. She does have very unique markings.
Catgrass is just grass. Just to chew on. No highs from it. But kitties are like dogs in that they love to chew on it occasionally.

So by the name is it a special grass that is good for them other then chewing on it.?

kwilli
March 26th, 2009, 12:04 AM
I will give it a try and let you know how it goes... I mean post pics of my kitties nomming:thumbs up

RolandsMom
March 26th, 2009, 12:21 AM
those pics are great! I love how it starts off with one and each pic there is one more. They are all beautiful kitties! :lovestruck:

cuko
March 26th, 2009, 06:01 AM
hehe they look to be enjoying that treat ;D they are gorgeous kitties!

chico2
March 26th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I bought some last week and it's already growing nicely,keep it in my bathroom window,the problem is,I like it there:laughing:it looks nice.
The cats eat grass when they come outside with us,but I'll probably end up giving it to them:cat:

You take such great pics,they all look so beautiful:lovestruck::lovestruck:
At first I was wondering who the cat was with the curly grey hair:laughing:then I thought it was a large stuffie:laughing:
But it is your little doggie,cute:lovestruck:

onster
March 26th, 2009, 03:36 PM
mmmmmm cat grasss!

hehehe its too funny how many of them around it!

I have to get some new grass growing my last batch is dying.