Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

An update on Roland and Willis.

RolandsMom
March 23rd, 2009, 10:31 AM
So after the 3:30 - 5:00 am crying session I finally could be mean no longer and went in and slept with Willis. between him crying on one side of the door and Roland talking on the other there probably would have been no sleep either way.
I was sitting with one on either side of the baby gates (Roland in Willis's room and Willis running amok around the house) when Roland went and used Willis's litter box. cheeky boy.
I let him out and Willis back in and then eventually got so tired of them trying to reach each other through the gates that I though I would give it a go.
So right now, Roland is following Willis around like a tail. Willis likes to hide under the recliner and catch his feet as he walks around the outside whirring cause he is too big to go under! hehe.
Roland has done the bum wiggle a few times and pounced near Willis but I think he is still not too sure whats okay and whats not, being that he is at least twice the size!
So it appears that in a few days they will be fast friends. I will continue to close Willis up in the room if I go out! Yay!:crazy:

Mat&Murph
March 23rd, 2009, 10:34 AM
Right on Sounds like everybody is getting settled!!! Good news

RolandsMom
March 23rd, 2009, 10:47 AM
good news indeed. They are both exhausted now and Roland is on his perch and I think Willis has probably found Roands bed in our room. Roland was playing with his honeysuckle and started to get a little testy so I put Willis back behind the gates. Ahh peace. :sleepy: I have to go out for a while but when I come back we can have another play session. :D

TacoGrl
March 23rd, 2009, 11:43 AM
Willis, eh? :D

It is good they are playing...you might not need to seperate them any more...some don't take long to adapt...mine were in the same room together as soon as I opened the crates after bringing them home...

RolandsMom
March 23rd, 2009, 12:01 PM
they are doing great. Roland does like to try to nip him on the back of the legs but that was how he got the wrestling match started with his old friend.
and yes Willis :D He will grow into it Im sure. hehe

ancientgirl
March 23rd, 2009, 12:49 PM
Sounds like things are going to work out well.:D

hazelrunpack
March 23rd, 2009, 02:59 PM
Where are the pictures?! :confused:

:p

Sounds like things are going smoothly, give or take a little lost sleep. :D

Now go back and take those pics! :o

chico2
March 23rd, 2009, 03:02 PM
Hazel,you read my mind....:laughing:
Getting a new cat,the rule says you always have to be camera-ready,ok;)

TacoGrl
March 23rd, 2009, 03:09 PM
I am not paying attention :wall:

RolandsMom
March 23rd, 2009, 03:16 PM
Willis quite thinks that Rolands bed is the bomb...hmm.

RolandsMom
March 23rd, 2009, 03:18 PM
Some more. Roland hardly fits into that bed! They were having a great game this morning!

TacoGrl
March 23rd, 2009, 03:39 PM
I love the first one where Roland is staring at Willis under the chair!

RolandsMom
March 23rd, 2009, 03:42 PM
Willis had just charged under there and Roland spent about a minute looking for him. once Roland was close enough to the chair a little gray paw flicked out and swiped him. Lol. It was pretty funny!

hazelrunpack
March 23rd, 2009, 03:44 PM
Awwww....together at last! :cloud9: Thanks, RolandsMom!

Roland really does look at Willis intently, doesn't he? Like he thinks he's a kitty, but he's sorta small...might turn out to be something else. :cat: LOL They sure are cute together, though! :lovestruck:

Mat&Murph
March 23rd, 2009, 03:49 PM
Too cute!!! Looks like they are getting into the grove of things

chico2
March 23rd, 2009, 04:00 PM
Awww RM,you are going to have sooo much fun with the two of them and Roland will love the company.
Soon they'll be inseperable I am sure.:lovestruck::lovestruck:sooo cute

RolandsMom
March 23rd, 2009, 07:27 PM
:laughing: even though Willis is eating out of Rolands bowl...I have tried to stop him!!! Roland doesnt seem to mind I guess. They have both been sleeping ALL day! which, I suppose, means I wont sleep all night!:rolleyes:

rainbow
March 23rd, 2009, 08:16 PM
Cute pics .....I knew it wouldn't be long before they were playing together. :thumbs up

They have both been sleeping ALL day! which, I suppose, means I wont sleep all night!:rolleyes:

LOL ....yep, that's exactly what's going to happen. :laughing:

TacoGrl
March 23rd, 2009, 08:40 PM
Let's see the pic AFTER that one LoL!

As for sleep...nope...no sleep for you...I have learnt that too, hence what is written under my name :rolleyes:

RolandsMom
March 23rd, 2009, 08:46 PM
so now that hes been eating Rolands food his stomach is a little upset. has been since he got here actually. I remember going through this with Roland but I cant remember what the cure is.
I feel sorry for the poor little guy. cant be pleasant.

clm
March 23rd, 2009, 10:26 PM
Let's see the pic AFTER that one LoL!

As for sleep...nope...no sleep for you...I have learnt that too, hence what is written under my name :rolleyes:

Yes, if you thought having 2 was going to give you peace at night, think again. :laughing:
They look great together. :cloud9:

Cindy

ancientgirl
March 24th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Aww, they look great together! It's a good sign Roland doesn't mind sharing his stuff, especially his food.:D

RolandsMom
March 24th, 2009, 11:52 AM
yes they are doing really well. Roland is sharing his litterbox as well, not out of choice though, but he doesnt seem to mind.
We had a good night. Just one minor intervention needed and that because Roland doesnt realise how small Willis is. He likes to tackle him pretty hard. But Willis slept on my pillow most of the night (except at Rolands 4am feeding time :frustrated:, seems hes passing his bad habits on already...) and Roland slept in his bed next to the bed. Seems it will only get better!:)

ancientgirl
March 24th, 2009, 12:45 PM
That's great about the litter boxes! As far as the bad habits, well there's not much you can do about that I think. :laughing: