Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am so stupid!!!

onster
March 19th, 2009, 05:46 PM
I was a little late in feeding Diezel today so I didnt bother prepping his bowl (opening the cans at home etc) thought id just do it when i got there.

Well what do I do in the first 5 mins??? lock my keys in the trunk. My cell and purse are in the car. Im wearing really thin gym pants and univ sweatshirt (hey its been warm lately!!).

Then it starts snowing.

I know my mom is out and even if I were to call her cellphone she couldnt pick up because hmmm after i washed it in the washing machine it finally died.

I walk forever to the neighbours and while their dog snarls and growls at me I hear someone inside tell him to be quiet but noone answers the door. Maybe I looked scary as I was freezing my butt off?

I flag down a car ask to use cellphone. He tells me oh just go all the way down the road (1/2 hour walk) and tell them "todd" said you can use the phone. I go, call and leave a msg for my mom. yay.

Mom arrives 3 hours later.

My butt is still frozen.

On the plus side I taught Diezel to crawl. I also realized that slobber kisses are the best - they keep your face warm :crazy:

Excuse me while I go make myself some hot chocolate.

lol im so stupid.

breeze
March 19th, 2009, 05:54 PM
awww Onster..

:grouphug::grouphug: wrap yourself in a nice warm blanket and have your hot chocolate :grouphug::grouphug:

in a couple of days you will read this back and laugh.. we all had these types of days, doesn't mean your stupid, just means your karma was tired.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::gro uphug:

14+kitties
March 19th, 2009, 05:55 PM
:laughing::laughing: Ummm, I have done some of that too. Stupid is a little harsh my dear. Let's go with forgetful. We Mother Teresa types have to stick together. :D

Love4himies
March 19th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Oh no, poor you. The temperature dropped here really quickly this afternoon too.

Good thing you had Diezel to cuddle :cloud9:.

Love4himies
March 19th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Don't forget the marshmallows in your hot chocolate.

breeze
March 19th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Don't forget the marshmallows in your hot chocolate.

o and a cinnamon stick yummmmmmmmmmmm

cell
March 19th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Getting locked out of anything is lame, consider making a copy key and hiding it somewhere on your vehicle, my father use to jam one under the license plate.

glasslass
March 19th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Best thing in hot cocoa is Brandy!

Our garage has a keypad mounted outside. It totally eliminates the problem of getting locked out - unless the electricity goes off.

Jim Hall
March 19th, 2009, 06:30 PM
ewwwww wrell at leat a bear didnt eat ya and th driver what an idiot what ? he doesnt like dogs? thats why mammals have it over reptiles as pets they warm!

onster
March 19th, 2009, 06:37 PM
glassglass i wish iI was locked out of the garage! we too have a keypad outside..its the best. I basically got locked out of my car on a friend's farm in the middle of nowhere as I was feeding their dog.

Im sipping on my hot choc as we speak...no brandy tho (dont drink)

cell...i wouldnt feel comfortable having a key somehwere on the outside of my car :o im pretty sure this will never happen to me again hopefully! lol ill be so paranoid. I had two sets of spare keys at home..just needed mom to get them to me :thumbs up

breeze..yum a cinnamon stick..that's what im missing :D

L4H oooh oooh and marshmallows too. I was just watching alton brown making marshmellows from scratch the other day on food tv. really wanna try it.

14+ hahahahaha...thank u for the moral support :grouphug::D

and breeze I am already laughing. I was laughing as soon as my mom drove up. Of course 5 minutes before that I was almost crying :o. The only place to sit was a concrete ledge and lemme tell u concrete can get realllly cold reaaaaly quick lol.

Diezel was so good though. He decided for the first time to try to be a lap dog. Of course he then proceeded to smear some poop on my pants from his rear end. At that point I didnt care though because he was warm. lol.

You know whats odd though? Usually when I go to Diezel i make sure to put my cell in my pocket b4 i get out of the car in case something happens. I also always check where my keys are before I close the trunk. Today when I was driving over I thought "i wonder what would happen if I got stuck here? I suppose I could try to open a door in the house and then the alarm would sound and then the police would come and save the day". Seriously who thinks that!??!

Then 5 mins later I locked my keys in the truck. AAAAAAAHHHH. I couldnt believe it. Of course my previous thoughts about breaking and entering werent really viable :crazy:

onster
March 19th, 2009, 06:40 PM
oh and ya while i was waiting for my mom and it started to get dark I was conveniently recalling how my friend told me that one of the neighbours told her husband to be careful as there had been cayotes spotted/ attacking some dogs.

I sat there imagining scenariors where Diezel would save me from the cayotes hahahahaha.....omg. im so lame lol.

onster
March 19th, 2009, 06:43 PM
ewwwww wrell at leat a bear didnt eat ya and th driver what an idiot what ? he doesnt like dogs? thats why mammals have it over reptiles as pets they warm!

i think the neighbour wasnt used to have anyone walking up to their house because its farm area. As for the guy in the car he was quite nice actually..while laughing at me lol. I guess I woulda laughed too.

Jim Hall
March 19th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Diezel was so good though. He decided for the first time to try to be a lap dog.

well yeah i would imagine

hazelrunpack
March 19th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Diezel must've known you were cold. What a good boy! :angel:

I'm glad you're okay. :grouphug: That's the sort of thing madame hazel pulls on TDFO just to tick her off. Of course, the rest of us suffer, too, though... :p

I imagine that Diezel was happy for the extra time he got with you :cloud9:

onster
March 19th, 2009, 09:11 PM
yeah he was really happy. He stuck near me for the whole time. He ran up all along the fence when I went to the neighbours, I could hear him whining. Was in the exact same spot when I came back (this is even though i put his food down). He only went back to eating once I was back.

Looking out for me that sweet doggie :lovestruck:

I think I'm thawed now.

Gosh was it cold. my upper body was ok but my legs were freeeeeeeeezing!!

hazelrunpack
March 19th, 2009, 09:34 PM
The wind has been bad around here...sounds like you've had some of the same weather. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr! Glad you were finally able to thaw! :D

Diezel sounds like such a honey :flirt:

onster
March 19th, 2009, 09:37 PM
i cant wait for spring hazel :pray::pray:

yes he is a honey :lovestruck: he learned crawl in 5 mins today too. I think he's catching on to this crazy lady asking him to do stuff for food thing lol

At first when his dad went to feed him he would listen to him "sit" "shake" etc but now he doesnt at all. im confused bout that? do u think its because his dad doesnt give him treats? I dont always tho :shrug:

Also, hazel i was wondering i read somewhere tthat to show ure alpha you should get the dog to sit before giving it food, which Ive been doing. Maybe thats why he's listening to me? ..or maybe its all baloney lol

growler~GateKeeper
March 19th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Onster what an adventure you had. :grouphug: Glad everything worked out alright & hey :thumbs up now you know doggy slobber kisses are :cloud9: :D

hazelrunpack
March 19th, 2009, 10:11 PM
You'd think he'd sit and shake for his Dad in anticipation of his food :shrug: Or is his Dad asking after he eats?

I think a lot (not all but most) of the alpha stuff is baloney :o We actually have our dogs do a modified 'stay' (our 'hut' command that freezes a point out in the field) before they get to eat. We don't do it to prove we're alpha, we do it to staunch up their points. :shrug: Works great, too. :D

krdahmer
March 20th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Oh no! Hope you warmed up all right! And ya I've done it too, actually 3 times in about as many months some years back, so I've had CAA ever since!!! :rolleyes::laughing: But still doesn't help if the cell phone is also locked inside! :laughing:

Love4himies
March 20th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Best thing in hot cocoa is Brandy!

Now you are talking :thumbs up

ancientgirl
March 20th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Oy, I've locked myself out of my apartment twice. It stinks when you have no way of getting a hold of someone. Even worse, stuck out in the cold! At least Diesel helped you keep warm.