Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rose and kitten

Pages : [1] 2

Love4himies
March 19th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Well I thought I would start Rose's own thread now.

Rose has settled down from her tramatic vet trip experience yesterday and is back to loving her kitten. :cloud9: :lovestruck: I can pat her again :thumbs up.

The kitten (hopefully I will be able to confirm a sex so we can get a name) is an oinky 258 grams, gaining 58 grams since Sunday (avg would be 30 grams). I don't think she/he stops eating.

I really want to take some pics of the kitten but momma gets so upset when he/she meows, that I have to be quick.

The eyes are starting to open already, hard to see in the pic.

Kitten meowing

Rose just wanting me to get the darn camera out of her face :frustrated:

Jim Hall
March 19th, 2009, 08:00 PM
how sweet mamma sure trusts you

cpietra16
March 19th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Oh...she looks great. Both mom and baby. L4H..if Rose is Rose and Rose by any other name...what is baby?Who, may I add looks great. Good Job.

hazelrunpack
March 19th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Baby is RoseBud, of course...Buddy if it's a he :D

They're both looking great, L4H! You're doing a wonderful job with them!

onster
March 19th, 2009, 10:21 PM
aww rosebud hehe

Baby is such a cutie and so is rose!

what did thevet say bout her wound L4H?

14+kitties
March 19th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Awww, baby kitty...... :cloud9: Soo cute!! :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
March 20th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Wee little kitten :lovestruck: with wee little claws :lovestruck:

Rose is looking good :thumbs up

Love4himies
March 20th, 2009, 08:09 AM
The vet got a good look at the one wound that was swollen. He thinks she got caught on something and couldn't get free. At this point he didn't think antibiotics were necessary, just to put some polysporin.

Does anybody know if that will be OK for kitten???? (not that I don't trust the vet, but I really trust members here. :D

Last night because I was off my feeding routine due to Sweet Pea, I left the bag of raw out all night so this morning I didn't have any thawed for them :yell: :frustrated:

So when I brought Rose her food, she sniffed it, looked at me as if to say: "ummmm isn't there something missing????" :o

Love4himies
March 20th, 2009, 08:10 AM
If you notice in the close up side pic of the kitten (Rosebud, love that name), she/he is meowing for momma so I have to take pics really quickly.

cpietra16
March 20th, 2009, 09:12 AM
A rosebud with attitude.....I like:D

ancientgirl
March 20th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Oy, where have I been? I didn't know you had a new foster. What a sweetie! Only one kitty?

Love4himies
March 20th, 2009, 10:15 AM
A rosebud with attitude.....I like:D

:laughing::laughing:

AG: only one kitten with this momma. She is one of cpietra's rescues from the warehouse.

BenMax
March 20th, 2009, 10:33 AM
She looks great L4H. You have done such a wonderful job.:thumbs up

Love4himies
March 20th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Oh...she looks great. Both mom and baby. L4H..if Rose is Rose and Rose by any other name...what is baby?Who, may I add looks great. Good Job.

She/he does not like to be taken away from Rose's nipple. The crying that goes on.

BenMax
March 20th, 2009, 10:40 AM
She/he does not like to be taken away from Rose's nipple. The crying that goes on.

Must be a boy then.:D

lUvMyLaB<3
March 20th, 2009, 02:50 PM
*awww* Congrats L4H!! Lucky Lucky kitties to be sent to your house I am sure they wont be spoiled at all!! nope nope!! What a sweeeeetiiieee! You are going to do a marvolous job! I havta say though, my kitty baby here might be a little jealous that her internet mommy has a new baby!!

ancientgirl
March 20th, 2009, 03:02 PM
:laughing::laughing:

AG: only one kitten with this momma. She is one of cpietra's rescues from the warehouse.

That's good. I hope her injury is okay, and I can't wait to see more pictures of Rosebud.

Love4himies
March 21st, 2009, 07:48 AM
Well I was an hour late for Rose's breakfast this morning and she was not happy about that. I got reprimanded for not getting up at 5AM and feeding her :frustrated:.

She greeted me at the door and hissed, looked at her empty food dish, looked at me and hissed. I put down her breakfast, and I am sure she said "About time, late again and I may have to fire you" :laughing: She then ate.

Rosebud's eyes are open, will try to get pics later.

Last night while I was sitting with Rose, I was patting her under her chin and she purred, and purred, what a purr machine :cloud9:

cpietra16
March 21st, 2009, 11:16 AM
Isn't all that purring worth it...I miss it...I guess Angel gave all her purring power to ROse...because I have yet to hear a purr....and boy does she have attitude.....pics please....and an invite is in order.....:D:D

rainbow
March 21st, 2009, 03:56 PM
What a wonderful job you have done again. :angel: :thumbs up

Rose is beautiful as is her baby :cloud9: .....looking forward to more pics. :goodvibes:

14+kitties
March 21st, 2009, 04:04 PM
Rose is a very good mamma. Neat how she gave you a piece of her mind when you didn't get her food there fast enough. :D Kitty is doing wonderfully!! :thumbs up

Love4himies
March 21st, 2009, 05:32 PM
Here are some better pics of Rose and Rosebud. I still can't take Rosebud out of the basket long enough to check to see if she is a he.

I had a piece of chicken in my hand.

Love4himies
March 21st, 2009, 05:33 PM
More pics of them :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Got some more purrs out of her. :cloud9:. She is going to be a lovely cat if she starts to trust humans.

ancientgirl
March 21st, 2009, 05:35 PM
I just love how Rosebud is so close to her. She's such a good mommy.

Love4himies
March 21st, 2009, 05:43 PM
She is a fantastic momma. I really think with some time Rose will be adoptable out to a family with no small children and a person who has experience with cats. I would like to place her myself (or cpietra, of course), rather than her going up for adoption at the humane society.

Love4himies
March 21st, 2009, 08:35 PM
While I was sitting with Rose tonight, she actually felt comfy enough to come out from under the bed and start investigating the room within feet of me :cloud9:. She is so beautful, almost bengal colour. I wish I could capture her true colour with my camera.

Love4himies
March 21st, 2009, 08:37 PM
Isn't all that purring worth it...I miss it...I guess Angel gave all her purring power to ROse...because I have yet to hear a purr....and boy does she have attitude.....pics please....and an invite is in order.....:D:D

You come anytime you want to, no invite necessary. :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
March 21st, 2009, 09:54 PM
Rose is so good with Rosebud! What a good mommy! :cloud9: That's great that she's warming up to you, too, L4H! Purrrrrzzzzzzzzz :flirt: hazel luvs purrrrrzzzzzzzzz!

cpietra16
March 21st, 2009, 10:24 PM
OOOHHH...Rosebud openned her eyes....she's beautiful. Rose look s so much like her mom. Her coloring is really beautiful..SO thrilled that she's with you.

growler~GateKeeper
March 21st, 2009, 10:53 PM
Those pics are so sweet :cloud9: they're both purrty :cloud9:

14+kitties
March 21st, 2009, 11:03 PM
Sounds like Mom is settling in well. And the little Rosebud is so cute. Makes me almost want one........ :rolleyes:

Love4himies
March 22nd, 2009, 07:27 AM
Rose must have some Asian cat in her background. She is quite a talker and so delicate. She is spending more and more time outside her basket, which is great! Not running back to it when I walk into the room, but looking at her empty food bowl instead :rolleyes::laughing: I could really fall for this girl, if only I could have another :sad:.

Love4himies
March 22nd, 2009, 07:35 AM
Maybe not bengal, but abysinnian. I'll have to try to get a pic of her without the flash so her true colours show and her standing up so you can see how delicate she is.

chico2
March 22nd, 2009, 09:45 AM
L4H,Rose looks really beautiful,her fur seems to have a little orange tint to it:lovestruck:
I think at first she was very worried you were going to take little Rose-Bud away,the same as little Tiny,but now realizes you are a good human who gives her yummy food to eat.
It would be great,when the time comes if you could adopt her out yourself,a cage at HS could probably set Rose back again,but either way,it is going to be difficult for you,then again,it always must be..

Love4himies
March 22nd, 2009, 09:56 AM
She does have a beautiful orange tint to her fur.

I am hoping with good nutrition, her fur will soften up.

Pics from this morning. The pic with her claws showing is her purring up a storm while Jasper was meowing outside her door.

ancientgirl
March 22nd, 2009, 09:59 AM
She looks like such a good kitty. She just needed someone to show her some love.

Love4himies
March 22nd, 2009, 10:05 AM
She looks like such a good kitty. She just needed someone to show her some love.

Oh, I think you are so right, she is going to be a good house cat in the right family.

chico2
March 22nd, 2009, 10:07 AM
Awww,I love her:lovestruck:,you know I have a thing for tabbies..
Cats are such amazing little creatures,here she is,after being used to a totally different life-style,slowly accepting her safe and wonderful new environment.
Thank's for all the pics L4H,made me feel better already:cat:

Love4himies
March 22nd, 2009, 10:17 AM
Chico: This is a stray who has never known house living and she has only been living in a house for 3 weeks, so you can imagine that Mr/s Grey and White will be quite happy in just a matter of days.

ancientgirl
March 22nd, 2009, 10:20 AM
Oh, I think you are so right, she is going to be a good house cat in the right family.

I think some of the best cats are former strays. :D

Love4himies
March 22nd, 2009, 10:46 AM
You are right, they really appreciate a home life.

You know AG, Rose really likes the company of other cats. She would do well in a quiet home that doesn't have any children and who is an experienced cat person :D. Florida is not too far.

ancientgirl
March 22nd, 2009, 10:50 AM
You are right, they really appreciate a home life.

You know AG, Rose really likes the company of other cats. She would do well in a quiet home that doesn't have any children and who is an experienced cat person :D. Florida is not too far.

LOL, don't tempt me.

hazelrunpack
March 22nd, 2009, 11:16 AM
She sure is a gorgeous girl. She looks much more relaxed in those last pics. :cloud9:

Love4himies
March 22nd, 2009, 11:25 AM
Rosebud is a WHOOPING 308 GRAMS :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:. She has gained 38 grams more than average in the last week. :eek: Tried to see what sex she/he is, but still can't tell.

Hazel: Just in the last 2 days she has become much more relaxed. I am using a "reverse psychology" type process with her. I sit at the doorway when she is not with her kitten, I don't approach her unless I have food to offer. When she gets comfy enough to come closer to me, I actually back up. That really seems to make her feel secure and that I am not going to be a threat to her. For the first time, she actually was lying about 5 feet away from me this morning and gave me the "yawn, look away, start grooming" signal. Meaning: I am comfortable with you and am not a threat. :cloud9:

Love4himies
March 22nd, 2009, 11:26 AM
LOL, don't tempt me.

Maybe we could meet half way, hmmmm would that be w4r's place :laughing:

hazelrunpack
March 22nd, 2009, 11:34 AM
Rosebud is a WHOOPING 308 GRAMS :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:. She has gained 38 grams more than average in the last week. :eek: Tried to see what sex she/he is, but still can't tell.

Hazel: Just in the last 2 days she has become much more relaxed. I am using a "reverse psychology" type process with her. I sit at the doorway when she is not with her kitten, I don't approach her unless I have food to offer. When she gets comfy enough to come closer to me, I actually back up. That really seems to make her feel secure and that I am not going to be a threat to her. For the first time, she actually was lying about 5 feet away from me this morning and gave me the "yawn, look away, start grooming" signal. Meaning: I am comfortable with you and am not a threat. :cloud9:
The benefits of being an only child--you get all the yummies! :D

So you and 14+ are both cat whisperers, eh? :thumbs up You're both :angel:s to take care of all the kitties you do!

ancientgirl
March 22nd, 2009, 11:38 AM
LOL, I have a feeling if I brought one more kitty into the gang, I'd have a revolution.

It does sound like Rose is more comfortable around you. Turning away does seem like she sees you as no threat to her or little Rosebud.

hazelrunpack
March 22nd, 2009, 11:52 AM
Heck, when you back off, she probably figures you can see what a powerful and important kitty she is and you're retreating from her awesome presence! :D

"Yeah, you better stay out of the reach of the Mighty Rose, Hooman!" :cat:

:laughing:

Kitties demand a lot of respect for their feline superiority, y'know. :thumbs up

14+kitties
March 22nd, 2009, 11:57 AM
Rose is looking very comfy. I don't think you have to worry too much about her anymore. She looks like she has decided she is home.
The orange she has is the same as a few of mine. Squeak in particular has very orange markings on her belly and neck. It's kind of neat. :cloud9:

Love4himies
March 22nd, 2009, 12:03 PM
Heck, when you back off, she probably figures you can see what a powerful and important kitty she is and you're retreating from her awesome presence! :D

"Yeah, you better stay out of the reach of the Mighty Rose, Hooman!" :cat:

:laughing:

Kitties demand a lot of respect for their feline superiority, y'know. :thumbs up

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Sounds like you know kitty psychology too.

hazelrunpack
March 22nd, 2009, 12:05 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: Sounds like you know kitty psychology too.
A little...enough to know I have a better chance at fooling dogs than cats...hence the current mix of 4-leggers in the house! :laughing:

onster
March 22nd, 2009, 04:06 PM
Oh she is gorgeous.

I love the orange in her fur. She does look oriental, doesnt she? :lovestruck::lovestruck:

Do u think you will let jasper meet her at some point?

...can we have new pics of rosebud please :pray: :D

Love4himies
March 22nd, 2009, 05:56 PM
The benefits of being an only child--you get all the yummies! :D

So you and 14+ are both cat whisperers, eh? :thumbs up You're both :angel:s to take care of all the kitties you do!

I woudn't put myself in 14+'s category, she has soooooo much experience with ferals.:laughing:

Love4himies
March 22nd, 2009, 05:57 PM
Oh she is gorgeous.

I love the orange in her fur. She does look oriental, doesnt she? :lovestruck::lovestruck:

Do u think you will let jasper meet her at some point?

...can we have new pics of rosebud please :pray: :D

I think she would love to meet Jasper. She seems quite relaxed with him meowing his fool head off outside her door :rolleyes:

ancientgirl
March 22nd, 2009, 06:00 PM
I think she would love to meet Jasper. She seems quite relaxed with him meowing his fool head off outside her door :rolleyes:

Sounds like Jasper is the kitty whisperer.

14+kitties
March 22nd, 2009, 06:08 PM
I woudn't put myself in 14+'s category, she has soooooo much experience with ferals.:laughing:

Oh ppshhaw! :rolleyes: We both love cats. We both spend lots of time with our cats. :shrug: Once I get around to feeding my guys raw then I can be on your level. :D

rainbow
March 22nd, 2009, 08:15 PM
Sounds like Jasper is the kitty whisperer.

LOL ......I think that describes him perfectly. :thumbs up

Rose is certainly a beautiful girl :lovestruck: and it's great to hear that she is starting to come around. :goodvibes:

cpietra16
March 22nd, 2009, 08:21 PM
WOW...Rose looks so relaxed....:thumbs upand amazing how big rosebuds getting...She'll be outgrowing her name real soon.....I never have seen a 308gram rosebud:D

lUvMyLaB<3
March 22nd, 2009, 10:46 PM
Wow how awesome is that weight!! good momma feedin that baby!!! do u know how old she is? such a good mom and few kittens seems like she is experienced at it! what a looker that baby will be!

to tell babies sex, females will have the "openings" close together, little space between, and boys, they will be far apart and you can see the 2 tiny dots in between, sometimes with one kitten it can be hard if you have no opposite to compare, hope that helps, I cannot wait to hear what it is, pink or blue?

chico2
March 23rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
Looking at Roses last pics,it looks like she's saying"I like it here,I'll stay here"
Unfortunately she can't,but she will for a long time yet,right?
Hopefully there is a person out there equally in love and dedicated to kitties like you are,who will give her a home.:fingerscr
I love her,wish I could have another,I suppose like most of us do:sad:

Love4himies
March 23rd, 2009, 11:38 AM
She will stay with us for as long as she needs to get socialized with humans. I WILL NOT force any weaning of kittens unless there is a health reason, so if Rose is allowing her kitten to nurse until 12 weeks, then there is no spaying of Rose until Rosebud is 14 weeks old. One of the many "conditions" of my fostering. The HS kinda leaves me alone as I have very strong opinions on what is best for my fosters :o and they don't like to loose any foster moms.

Chris21711
March 23rd, 2009, 11:48 AM
Way to go L4H :thumbs up

chico2
March 23rd, 2009, 02:54 PM
L4H,that's great:thumbs updon't mess with an excellent fostermom:cat:
By the way,I think Rosebud for the little one is such a cute name:lovestruck:

lUvMyLaB<3
March 23rd, 2009, 05:48 PM
I agree with you on that! I so feel for the momma's that have all their babies taken away from her on the same day.. could you imagine?? so sad! :cry:

mollywog
March 23rd, 2009, 06:14 PM
L4H- good for you! Rose is beautiful and Rosebud (LOVE the name!) is sooo tiny and cute! More pictures please!!! :pray:
when will you let Rose meet your kitties?!

Love4himies
March 23rd, 2009, 06:17 PM
That is a wait and see. She is feral with kittens so I would like to hold off for a bit, as she is still not totally comfortable here. I can't just grab her if she goes after one of my cats or vice versa. I know Jasper would do well, but Sweet Pea and Puddles are a different story.

Love4himies
March 24th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Nothing new to update. I can now have Rose come up to sniff my hand, next step is to try to pat her after the sniff. Right now if I move my hand while she is sniffing, she cowers back.

She seems to enjoy the company of humans if they are sitting and not moving around, lol, especially around her baby.

Didn't get a weight on Rosebud last night, but she was sleeping very contently in the basket. My goal is to get Rose to trust, not to upset her and she doesn't like me touching Rosebud if she is not in the basket to keep an eye on me.

chico2
March 24th, 2009, 09:05 AM
There is for sure no hurry for Rose,I am sure she needs to really get used to being cared for,realize that she is one lucky little kitty-momma:lovestruck:

Love4himies
March 24th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Rosebud hissed at me today :yell: :cry:

ancientgirl
March 24th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Aww L4H. I'm sure he/she will be purring at you in no time. I bet he/she looked cute though.

angeldogs
March 24th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Aww so cute and tiny the little one looks soft.

growler~GateKeeper
March 24th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Rosebud hissed at me today :yell: :cry:

The baby hissed at you? That musta been so cute :cloud9: baby kitten hisses :lovestruck:

Love4himies
March 25th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Baby hisses are quiet funny. They are being so tough, but really so sweet :cloud9:

I got lots of pics in the last two days.

Rose loves her food.

When I was patting her she was purring up a storm :lovestruck:

Love4himies
March 25th, 2009, 07:55 AM
More pics of Rose and Rosebud.

Rosebud is starting to play, She/he is going to be so lonely without a playmate kitten. :sad:

Oh yes, that is a big rolly polly kitten you see.

Love4himies
March 25th, 2009, 07:58 AM
After some playtime, it is eating time, then bath time.

cpietra16
March 25th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Oh Wow...I can't beleive he's the same baby who was just suckling at his mom....he looks like he's got attitude......I love him....:lovestruck::cloud9:Rose is going so well..She looks like she may just fit in....hint hint

Love4himies
March 25th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Rosebud is up to 348 grams :eek:, almost double the weight from when I got her.

ancientgirl
March 25th, 2009, 08:41 AM
They are both so sweet. I really hope Rosebud finds a good home. It would be so wonderful if Rose and her baby could find a home together.:fingerscr

chico2
March 25th, 2009, 10:07 AM
L4H,awww how adorable is that:lovestruck:the look on Roses contended face brings tears to my eyes,you are amazing:grouphug:
Hubby just said if Rosebud is a girl she should be called "Rosette"little Rose in French,but I like Rosebud:lovestruck:
Maybe Rose would be able to foster a couple of orphan kittens with all the milk she has,or does her milk-production adjust to one kitten?

Love4himies
March 25th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Rose, I think is quite content with 24 hour room service, but is getting a little fed up with a camera flashing in her face all the time :laughing:, but I worry that she will become quickly bored with staying in the room, unless she allows Jasper in the room.

I am so worried about Rosebud having no siblings, it is such a shame.:sad:

cpietra16
March 25th, 2009, 11:45 AM
more pictures please.....action shots would be great...thank-you:D

Love4himies
March 25th, 2009, 12:16 PM
There is no action, except for Rose running to her food when I put some down, or running to Rosebud if she wants pats (or maybe she feels threaten :sad:??). :laughing:

Rosebud had been peeking over the top of the basket, I think any day now I am going to find her outside the basket.

Love4himies
March 25th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Found some more that I took yesterday. I have about 100 :o, but alot turned out blurry, or are very similar to what I have already posted.

ancientgirl
March 25th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Aww, I love the first and last one.

Love4himies
March 25th, 2009, 12:36 PM
The first one was Rosebud being fascinated with the camera lens, I was turning it on and off for her/him so she/he could watch the lens go in and out.

I think I am going to hang some toys over the basket so Rosebud has something to play with.

Love4himies
March 26th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Well I think Rose is getting bored. She is now always at the door and this morning she meowed after she finished her breakfast. I ran down to check on her, she did her hiss, growl, talking, ran to her basket, laid down and started to purr. I think in anticipation of a pat :confused:???.

Last night tried to play with her, showed her some toys, tried to peak her interest. This morning the toys were not where I placed them so she must have moved them herself :fingerscr.

cpietra16
March 26th, 2009, 09:45 AM
L4H..these cats don't really know how to play with toys. They are more into playing with other cats...got that from their colony....Angel is the same way and so was Antonio. It took a while for Antonio to figure out what to do with a string. Angel is still more likely to play with the other cats.
PS>>Keep the pics coming please...Who is that Roly Poly????:laughing::laughing:

ancientgirl
March 26th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Maybe she would allow Jasper to visit her?

You know, it took Czari a long time to know what to do with toys too. She still is wary of most of them, but every now and then, I'll catch her playing with a toy mouse or something.:D

ownedbycats
March 26th, 2009, 10:02 AM
My Misty didn't seem to know what to do with toys, either. But, after watching her kittens play with us, and Seuss and her kitten MooBoots play, she tries to imitate them. Maybe, as Rosebud gets bigger, Rose will learn from watching him/her. (I bet Jasper volunteers to be a teacher too)

Love4himies
March 26th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I won't allow Rose to interact with my cats until Rosebud is old enough to get meds just in case my cats are carrying a virus that is not harmful to adults, but may be to kittens. Jasper is excited about his new "girl" :lovestruck: Sweet Pea just hisses outside Rose's door. Puddles avoids the whole area :laughing:.

ancientgirl
March 26th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I won't allow Rose to interact with my cats until Rosebud is old enough to get meds just in case my cats are carrying a virus that is not harmful to adults, but may be to kittens. Jasper is excited about his new "girl" :lovestruck: Sweet Pea just hisses outside Rose's door. Puddles avoids the whole area :laughing:.

Jasper is such a stud.

Love4himies
March 26th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Jasper is such a stud.

:laughing: A stud with no working parts :laughing:

ancientgirl
March 26th, 2009, 12:32 PM
:laughing: A stud with no working parts :laughing:

Sometimes those are the best kinds.:D

cpietra16
March 26th, 2009, 12:41 PM

L4H...your cats having a virus is like saying Rosebud is too skinny......Are you Kidding me....I have a feeling you can't find healthier cats then yours.....

Love4himies
March 26th, 2009, 12:59 PM
When I adopted Puddles, she became very sick and the vet (the BEST cat vet I have even known) stated that it was probably viral as kittens have not had access to all viruses, or have a strong immune system so she probably got her virus from :rip: Snowball.

Every litter I have had there seems to be one kitten that gets so sick (viral) so I have started to wonder if one of my cats is carrying a virus. It just breaks my heart when they get sick :sad::cry:.

ancientgirl
March 26th, 2009, 01:05 PM
I see where you might want to keep Rosebud away then.

cpietra16
March 26th, 2009, 01:22 PM
I see your fears....:shrug:however it makes you wonder how babies in a colony ever survive....I know some die, these are cats that would have viruses...

Love4himies
March 26th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I see your fears....:shrug:however it makes you wonder how babies in a colony ever survive....I know some die, these are cats that would have viruses...

Momma would have some immunity to the viruses she was exposed to and would pass it on to her kittens through her milk.

rainbow
March 26th, 2009, 03:23 PM
The pics are just so sweet of Momma Rose and little Rosebud. :lovestruck:

Any luck figuring out the sex yet? :D

They are both so sweet. I really hope Rosebud finds a good home. It would be so wonderful if Rose and her baby could find a home together.:fingerscr

I think that would be great too. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Love4himies
March 26th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I think Rosebud is growing some buds of his own. :laughing:

Well I have evidence that Rose does indeed do some activity during the night :thumbs up.

A fuzzy ball that I was throwing in the air to get her interested in playing last night had some damage done to it over night. It was a brand new one that I had just bought just for her.

The white blanket I keep beside the box so she can sleep on was moved. And the pink toy in the corner was on the white blanket, another toy I was using to try to get her to play.

lUvMyLaB<3
March 26th, 2009, 08:27 PM
YAY!! she is playing! but shhhhh.. i don't think she wants you to know! They are beautiful! they are also happy to be at home with you! what better place to be!

cpietra16
March 26th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I see.....so she's not ready shed her feral image yet...is she???? Doesn;t want her friends to think she likes to play with human toys....I see

:D:laughing:

Love4himies
March 27th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Being an experienced momma, she may not want Rosebuddy to see her play and try to get out of the basket too soon so he can play with her. :laughing:

Love4himies
March 28th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Well the fuzzy toy has gone missing :frustrated:, not sure what Rose has done with it.

Rose's fur is getting much softer with the quality food now. :lovestruck:. She is starting to get a hanging belly :o, but still looks thin.

I still can't pat her while she is out of the basket, she is too nervous, but can do anything while she is in it. It is very strange, she waits for me at the door when she hears me coming. She hisses at me and talks (almost siamese talk), runs to her basket, lies down with Rosebuddy, and starts to purr :confused:. I am getting mixed signals with the hissing and purring.

Rosebuddy is huge :eek:. The tom who is the daddy must be a large cat, because he doesn't get his size from Rose.

I have to change her kitty litter and bought some Feline Pride pellets. It states that it is safe for kittens, if anybody knows different please let me know. I normally use regular clay, but would like to change to something healthier.

Rosebuddy is no longer hissing at me and I can pick him up and cuddle him :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck: without him crying for his momma. What a rolly polly he is :laughing:.

rainbow
March 28th, 2009, 11:13 PM
:laughing: "Rosebuddy" .....I love it. :D

And, I think it's time for some more pics. :goodvibes:

14+kitties
March 28th, 2009, 11:42 PM
I still can't pat her while she is out of the basket, she is too nervous, but can do anything while she is in it. It is very strange, she waits for me at the door when she hears me coming. She hisses at me and talks (almost siamese talk), runs to her basket, lies down with Rosebuddy, and starts to purr :confused:. I am getting mixed signals with the hissing and purring.

You have to remember up till a while ago she was basically a feral. She sees the basket as her safe place. She won't feel safe anywhere else for a while. You may have to try to wean her away from the basket so she can start getting used to change. She will have a better chance of adoption if she feels more comfy with people. Unless you are planning on keeping her. :D
What does Rose do if you take Rosebuddy and put him on the floor? Does she come out then or stay back and watch?

hazelrunpack
March 28th, 2009, 11:43 PM
I agree with rainbow--definitely time for some more pics! :thumbs up

TeriM
March 29th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Did someone say pictures :D.

What a great job you are doing L4H :thumbs up.

ancientgirl
March 29th, 2009, 07:47 AM
L4H, Czari used to do that to me too. She'd be waiting for me at the screen, and would sometimes hiss when I walked in, then would run to her little pyramid bed and start purring. 14+ has a point, she probably just feesl safer in her basket.

We need to see pictures of Rosebuddy, just to compare his size now, you know, research.:D

Love4himies
March 29th, 2009, 08:50 AM
I don't want to rush her into anything. I can pick up Rosebuddy and cuddle him, she doesn't seem to mind and does keep a close eye on him, but I do put him back as soon as he cries. I want her to know that I won't harm kitties.

I have been able to touch Rose while she is eating.

When I start giving Rosebuddy some food, I will take the basket away and just have the box. He really wants to see what is beyond the basket walls :laughing:

Love4himies
March 29th, 2009, 10:36 AM
OMG, Rosebuddy is a whooping pound :eek: :eek: :eek:.

Love4himies
March 29th, 2009, 10:37 AM
More pics. I think it won't be long that Rosebuddy will be climbing out of the basket :laughing:

Love4himies
March 29th, 2009, 10:40 AM
More pics :D

ancientgirl
March 29th, 2009, 10:40 AM
He's going to be a big boy! They are so cute together.

Love4himies
March 29th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Rosebuddy nursing :cloud9:

rainbow
March 29th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks for all the Rose/Rosebuddy pics :lovestruck: ......they are so precious. :cloud9:

Glad to hear they are doing so well :thumbs up ......you are an awesome mom. :angel:

chico2
March 29th, 2009, 04:51 PM
L4H,those pics are just precious,Rosebud is one lucky kitten,teats all to himself:cat:
I can see faint tabby-stripes on him too,or am I imagining things??

Love4himies
March 29th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Had some chicken for dinner. DH cut some of the bones for Rose :lovestruck:. I think she died and went to heaven. She ended up taking the bones under the bed. Here are some pics

Love4himies
March 29th, 2009, 05:58 PM
More pics of her bone meal:

ancientgirl
March 29th, 2009, 07:42 PM
L4H, you get those chicken necks from your butcher? My gang, except for Oksana, really love raw chicken when I cut it up to cook for them. I was thinking of letting the others chew on some bones, but I'm terrified of them choking on a little bone.:o

Love4himies
March 29th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I was too. I had DH have a website open on doing the Heimlich on cats :laughing: it was the rib bones from a chicken so they are very soft.

I got to pat Rose all the way down her back while she was sitting up in her basket. I think she loves the attention. That is a first :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
March 29th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I was too. I had DH have a website open on doing the Heimlich on cats :laughing: it was the rib bones from a chicken so they are very soft.

I got to pat Rose all the way down her back while she was sitting up in her basket. I think she loves the attention. That is a first :lovestruck:

Okay, rib bones. I'm going to see if I can get some.

I bet Rose will really get used to the attention. I'm thinking that the mere fact she's allowing you to even pet her is a good sign.

cpietra16
March 29th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Good Job....she found her love family...:rolleyes: . I will have to try and get a raw chicken and do the same with Angel; after all she probably misses raw diet of mice. Yuck

rainbow
March 29th, 2009, 08:57 PM
YAY for Rose allowing the full back petting :thumbs up .....she definitely has come a long way with all your care and patience. :goodvibes:

chico2
March 30th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Good girl Rose:thumbs up
I think she's starting to realize you are a kitty-:angel2:and after getting such a yummy treat,she's convinced:cat:

I too am really worried about giving my guys a chicken bone:cat:

Love4himies
March 30th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I was very nervous too. I think it is all that: "don't give cats chicken bones" rule that I heard my whole life.

Rose played with her stuffy ball tonight. I was shaking it above her head and she couldn't resist and "captured" it. I think she was shocked at the feel that it wasn't mousey feeling. I can't get her interested in string though. Rosebuddy hissed at the string :laughing:. Such a viscious kitty :evil: :laughing:.

Rosebuddy has inherited Rose's purr :cloud9:. He purrs up a storm that one does.

cpietra, you are going to have to come and visit her soon. I wish her companion could come here too :sad:. Jasper would spray all over the house when there is another male around :frustrated:

ancientgirl
March 30th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Sounds like Rose is expanding her interests.:D

I'm going to give the chicken ribs a try. See how the gang likes them.:D:

Love4himies
March 30th, 2009, 07:45 PM
OK, I am rethinking my thoughts that she would never be a lap cat, I think if she comes to trust humans more she will be. Boy does she love to be pat.

ancientgirl
March 30th, 2009, 07:54 PM
OK, I am rethinking my thoughts that she would never be a lap cat, I think if she comes to trust humans more she will be. Boy does she love to be pat.

I always thought Oksana would be my lap kitty. As a kitten she was always on my lap. Now she hates even being carried to just even be moved.

Yet, Czari, who has lived most of her life outside is the ONLY one of my gang who will jump up to the couch and sit on my lap, and butt at my hands insisting I pet her. She also sits on my lap when I go to bed and use the laptop in bed, and when the lights go out and it's time for sleep, even if she's sitting at the foot of the bed, she'll coo her way up to me and cuddle in to my side and sleep almost the entire night, right next to me.

I've read on other sites about strays who are brought into homes that wind up being the most cuddly cats in the household.

I think with a little more time she'll really come to trust people and be that lap kitty.

cpietra16
March 30th, 2009, 09:07 PM
I will come ...trust me...and until then I will need more Pictures.......pleeeeassse:cloud9:

onster
March 30th, 2009, 09:49 PM
awwwww rosebuddy has gotten soo sooo big!!!

He is sooo cute i cant stand it :yell: lol

rolly polly indeed :lovestruck:

and rose, look how far she has come! wow! btw i saw ure post earlier and the pics of her eating the chicken then went to the store..and guess what I bought! chicken backs :D my kitties say thank you to you & rose :D

growler~GateKeeper
March 31st, 2009, 12:44 AM
How old is Roly Poly Rosebuddy now? :cloud9:

:thumbs up for the progress with Rose

Love4himies
March 31st, 2009, 07:50 AM
Rolly Polly will be three weeks tomorrow, and yes he has fat rolls :yell: Makes him nice and cuddley :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Last night Sweet Pea and Rose were chatting to each other through the door.

Rose: "I wanna come out and explore"

Sweet Pea: "Don't you dare come out and eat my food"

Rose: "But I need a change of scenery"

Sweet Pea: "I don't think so chicky"

Rose: "I'll let you kiss my baby"

Sweet Pea: "Ha, don't care! I got rid of my SEVEN and never want to have to deal with kittens again"

Rose: "I'll stay away from your food as long as Jasper is there to play"

Sweet Pea: "Jasper is alll mine, stay away from him too"

chico2
March 31st, 2009, 08:20 AM
L4H :laughing::laughing:
As for lap-cats,all three of mine our,right now I have Rocky on my lap,when he leaves either Vinnie or Chico will have their turn:laughing:

Love4himies
March 31st, 2009, 08:35 AM
DH is the lap of choice in our house, he can't sit anywhere without a kitty on his lap :laughing:.

ancientgirl
March 31st, 2009, 08:42 AM
Boy, that Sweet Pea doesn't want to let anybody near her Jasper.:D

Love4himies
March 31st, 2009, 10:09 AM
Boy, that Sweet Pea doesn't want to let anybody near her Jasper.:D

Or near her food :frustrated:

ancientgirl
March 31st, 2009, 10:18 AM
Or near her food :frustrated:

:laughing: I noticed she warned Rose away from her food before she did about Jasper. She's got her priorities.

Love4himies
April 1st, 2009, 07:56 AM
Rose and I had a wonderful evening last night. No hisses as I came in the room but she continues to run to her basket (talking the whole time :laughing:), lay down and start to purr :cloud9:.

Here are some pics of our evening:

DH came in to take some pics of Rosebuddy:

Love4himies
April 1st, 2009, 07:59 AM
The stuffy toy that I try to stimulate Rose with. I shake it and the tinfoil sounds really grab her attention.

When she grabs it in her mouth, she clenches her mouth and won't let go for about a minute or until something else catches her attention.

And that was the camera strap :laughing:

Love4himies
April 1st, 2009, 08:01 AM
So I was trying to take pics with one hand and dangle the strap with the other. :o

Then of course she has to clean herself after her capture of her prey.:lovestruck:

Love4himies
April 1st, 2009, 08:04 AM
We can't neglect Rosebuddy, aka, Rolly Polly (490 grams last night :eek:)

It was getting pretty violent with Rose playing so I thought I better stop, Rosebuddy may get hurt :sad:. BTW, when I went to pat her in the middle of play she bit me and it was ever so gentle :cloud9: :lovestruck:. She is going to make a wonderful house cat.

Rosebuddy loves to chew on Roses back leg.

Melinda
April 1st, 2009, 08:52 AM
what gorgeous pictures!!!!!! they have come a long way, you certainly have the "touch"........our own "cat whisperer"

cpietra16
April 1st, 2009, 08:57 AM
Rosebuddy loves to chew on Roses back leg.

So, she's into the raw diet....is she?....:D They look amazing. Its interesting that both Angel and her daughter have the same habit of biting gently when they don;t want you to touch them....they're such cats....the last of the wild ones...:D

Love4himies
April 1st, 2009, 09:53 AM
So, she's into the raw diet....is she?....:D They look amazing. Its interesting that both Angel and her daughter have the same habit of biting gently when they don;t want you to touch them....they're such cats....the last of the wild ones...:D

:laughing: I think yes. Rosebuddy actually gets very interested when I bring in Rose's food. Pretty soon it will be the start of weaning.

Love4himies
April 1st, 2009, 09:55 AM
what gorgeous pictures!!!!!! they have come a long way, you certainly have the "touch"........our own "cat whisperer"

Thank you Melinda. I am trying to get her to play outside the basket, but when I do, she runs right for the basket and waits for me.

cpietra16
April 1st, 2009, 11:19 AM
I tried raw chicken on Angel last night and she devoured it.....well I guess if you can't get a cat like with charm get it to like you thru the old fashion way....."the stomach"....thanks L4H....I think I will keep adding some raw in their kibble. Ofcourse the rest of the gang looked at the meat and wondered why I didn't put it in the frying pan....

I got the hint when Nickie grabbed the pan and Tess grabbed the bottle of Olive Oil......:D

Love4himies
April 1st, 2009, 01:01 PM
:laughing:, She knows what is best for her.

Love4himies
April 1st, 2009, 01:02 PM
I just got back to work from home. I took a coworker to visit with Rose and although Rose wouldn't purr, THERE WERE NO HISSES at my coworker :thumbs up :highfive: :D. I am so proud of her :lovestruck::cloud9:

ancientgirl
April 1st, 2009, 01:04 PM
The stuffy toy that I try to stimulate Rose with. I shake it and the tinfoil sounds really grab her attention.

When she grabs it in her mouth, she clenches her mouth and won't let go for about a minute or until something else catches her attention.

And that was the camera strap :laughing:

I really love the first picture of Rose! She's got natural eye liner.

Those last few of Rosebuddy laying between mommy's legs is cute!

ancientgirl
April 1st, 2009, 01:06 PM
I just got back to work from home. I took a coworker to visit with Rose and although Rose wouldn't purr, THERE WERE NO HISSES at my coworker :thumbs up :highfive: :D. I am so proud of her :lovestruck::cloud9:

Sounds like progress to me.

chico2
April 1st, 2009, 04:42 PM
Rose is a beautiful tabby-girl,very photogenic :lovestruck:
I think she's starting to understand what a lucky little mom she is:cat:
One thing I wondered about,is it common that a mom only has 2 kittens?
Or do you think she might have dropped some early before she was caught?

growler~GateKeeper
April 1st, 2009, 05:55 PM
L4H you're making wonderful progress with Rose :highfive:, excellent that she is learning to/interested in play, also has some bite inhibition with people while playing :thumbs up

Chico - sometimes if food is scarce they will have only 2 kittens, momma cat has only enough nutrients to go around for a small litter

Love4himies
April 1st, 2009, 06:17 PM
cpietra may have more history on Rose's history of kittens. 2 kittens is rare, though. She is very skinny and her fur was like straw (now getting softer), so I think Growler is correct.

cpietra16
April 1st, 2009, 06:41 PM
Well As for her history ..I may have to check with my cousin, but I think she told me that she always only had 2 kittens. I'll try and call her to confirm.

Love4himies
April 1st, 2009, 07:07 PM
Thanks Cpietra, Rosebuddy is getting so big so you really need to come for a visit soon ;)

cpietra16
April 1st, 2009, 07:27 PM
I'm going to Peterborough tomorrow...are you in that areas...sorry if you're not..my Ontario geography is not the strongest...

Margo Kram
April 1st, 2009, 07:49 PM
Wonderful pics all of them. It's amazing how small they look in your hands and so happy.

Love4himies
April 1st, 2009, 07:49 PM
No, unless you are taking the 401 to Port Hope and going north on HWY 28. We live right along the St Lawrence River between Brockville and Kingston just off the 1000island Parkway (runs parallel to the 401). About 150km from Cornwall. If you drive by during the day, I will be at work :sad:.

Love4himies
April 1st, 2009, 07:51 PM
Wonderful pics all of them. It's amazing how small they look in your hands and so happy.

Thanks Margo. Little Rosebuddy is quite a rolly polly kitten. He is precious :cloud9:

cpietra16
April 1st, 2009, 07:59 PM
Thats what I was afraid of...I guess i will have to make a cpecial trip to see him...before he gets in shape...:D

cuko
April 1st, 2009, 08:01 PM
Sounds like progress to me.

yep i agree you should be so proud fo yourself for working on the bub so much!! :thumbs up :thumbs up

Love4himies
April 2nd, 2009, 07:40 AM
Thats what I was afraid of...I guess i will have to make a cpecial trip to see him...before he gets in shape...:D

What about on your way back?

chico2
April 2nd, 2009, 08:56 AM
Growler,that makes sense and is a good thing I suppose for momma kitty,I have zilch experience with cats and birthing.

cpietra16
April 2nd, 2009, 09:33 AM
L4H, I am going to say bye to my uncle who only has a few weeks to live. It will be a day trip. I'm leaving Montreal at 12:00 get there for coffee and get back so that my kids get to school the next morning.

Love4himies
April 2nd, 2009, 09:50 AM
I am so sorry to hear that cpietra :grouphug:.

Lots of time to come and visit.

Love4himies
April 3rd, 2009, 08:30 AM
cpietra, I hope your trip was safe.

Well, great strides with Rose last night. Sorry no pics, though.

Last night when I went in for our social time, Rose ran to her basket, talking the whole way as normal. After some pats and cuddles with Rosebuddy, I played with Rose with her fuzzy ball. She now knows it is a toy, but seems to get confused when she gets it in her mouth (maybe the strange texture??). After a while of playing while she was lying in her basket, she attemted to get out of her basket :eek:. Of course, I was in the way because I sit right in front of the entrance :o.

I moved out of the way and she came out and wanted to play :eek:. She actually put her tiny paw up while she was standing at my feet :lovestruck: :cloud9:. She is still very nervous so I have to move very slowly. I rolled the ball across the floor and she would try to run for it and keep an eye on me (still doesn't like me behind her). Rosebuddy started to cry for Rose, so I stopped the play so Rose would go back to see her baby. Man, I love this girl :cloud9:

chico2
April 3rd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Awww L4H,of course you'd fall in love with her,she's trying to overcome her fears and who better to help than you.
Is she going to a shelter to be adopted out later(much later I hope:fingerscr)or are you going to be in charge of her possible adoption:confused:
I wish you could keep them all,but I know you can't:cat:

Love4himies
April 3rd, 2009, 09:00 AM
Chico, I just can't think that far ahead, it would stress me too much. I would prefer to find a home for her while she is in my home, but that is so difficult to do as I don't have a large social network. :sad: I don't think she would do well at the humane society as she would be one of these cats who would stay at the back of a cage and probably hiss at strangers. Not because she is aggressive, because she is so gentle, but because she is scared.

cpietra16
April 3rd, 2009, 09:27 AM
Hi L4H...my trip was ok. We left Montreal at 1:00pm and got into Peterborough at 6:30....we then left at 8:30 and go tin at 1:30 this morning...I am so tired but so happy to have said my good byes....it was well worth the trip.

ancientgirl
April 3rd, 2009, 09:35 AM
L4H, you are likely right. Rose would be huddled in the back of some cage fearful of anyone who came near her, and people who go to look for a cat stay away from cats like that.

I hope you can find someone to take her in. It's too bad you can't keep her yourself. 3 girls aren't so bad though.

Love4himies
April 3rd, 2009, 10:28 AM
L4H, you are likely right. Rose would be huddled in the back of some cage fearful of anyone who came near her, and people who go to look for a cat stay away from cats like that.

I hope you can find someone to take her in. It's too bad you can't keep her yourself. 3 girls aren't so bad though.

Not so bad if you didn't have a Puddles and Sweet Pea. Sweet Pea will not accept anymore competition for food, and Puddles hates all other cats, male or female. :sad:

ancientgirl
April 3rd, 2009, 11:22 AM
Not so bad if you didn't have a Puddles and Sweet Pea. Sweet Pea will not accept anymore competition for food, and Puddles hates all other cats, male or female. :sad:

Sheesh, those girls sound as bad as high school girls.

I can understand though. I thank heavens daily mine get along fairly well. They tend to give each other their own space. Now and then Kiska and Czari will walk past each other and swat, and Oksana likes boss Kiska around now and then, to let her know she was there first.:rolleyes:

I wish there was a way for you to make it work, but you can't keep everyone in a separate room always.

chico2
April 3rd, 2009, 05:01 PM
L4H,yes,I don't even want to think about Rose in the shelter:sad:after having been with you.
Not that I could foster anyway,with Rocky here and for that matter Chico too,but I am certain I would be a failed foster.
You have done so much good to so many kitties:grouphug:

Love4himies
April 3rd, 2009, 05:05 PM
I could keep them all, chico, the only thing that stops me is that I won't be able to foster anymore, the inn would be full :laughing:.

When I checked on Rose and Rosebuddy afterwork today I panicked, Rosebuddy wasn't in the basket.:eek:. He was beside the box huddled in the corner crying :sad:. My baby is growing up :cry:

growler~GateKeeper
April 4th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Wonderful progress with Rose :thumbs up sounds like she's getting better every day :D

I guess Rosebuddy couldn't find his way back into the basket :sad:

Love4himies
April 4th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Well, everytime I go down, Rosebuddy is out of the basket and on the blanket beside the box, so this morning I took out the basket, shook out the blankets replaced the blankets and Rosebuddy in the box, thinking I was doing Rose a favour. Rose jumped into the box grabbed Rosebuddy by the head and put him back out on the blanket. I guess Rosebuddy stays outside the box now.:frustrated:

I find Rose is more tense with Rosebuddy outside the box so I am not sure why she wants him there. I know it is at the time that she would be bringing him back some prey and doesn't want to bring the prey in the box :confused:

Love4himies
April 4th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Some new pics from this morning's play time:

I bought some new toys for Rose and Rosebuddy yesterday. A new feather toy, a knitted, catnip filled stuffie and a blue toy with a rattle and krinkles in the long legs.

Love4himies
April 4th, 2009, 09:22 AM
I think Rosebuddy loves his new freedom, but still a bit unsteady on his legs :laughing:

Love4himies
April 4th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Rosebuddy's new living area is on the white blanket.

Love4himies
April 4th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Rose drags her toys under the bed, not sure why. She doesn't like me going under there and pulling them out :confused:

Rose is trying to drag her new blue toy under the bed.

chico2
April 4th, 2009, 10:06 AM
L4H,thank's for those pics this morning,,little Rosebuddy is getting bigger,sooo darn cute:lovestruck::lovestruck:
Momma Rose does not want any other cats coming to steal her treasures:cat:
You must be so proud of her and what you have accomplished:grouphug:

ancientgirl
April 4th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I love the last one of the first set, Rose is going after the toy. What a cute look she's got on her face. It's so nice to see her playing! And Rosebuddy is so adorable. He's got his own big boy space.:cloud9:

14+kitties
April 4th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Rosebuddy is getting to be a good size. :thumbs up Rose is hoarding her toys I see. Cute!!!

cpietra16
April 4th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Angel, Roses mom does the same thing. She Also does this with her food. She will eat some and then get the dish close ebough to the litter and cover the rest of the food with litter....I am wasting so much food..she never eats all of it. I am thinking she is hiding from other cats so that she can have some later....she is still feral in her ways.

rainbow
April 4th, 2009, 02:40 PM
LOL ...that's too cute the way Rose is hiding her toys. :lovestruck: I agree it's because she is wanting to hide them for herself ....smart kitty. :D

Roly Poly Rosebuddy is soooo adorable. :cloud9:

Love4himies
April 4th, 2009, 03:10 PM
L4H,thank's for those pics this morning,,little Rosebuddy is getting bigger,sooo darn cute:lovestruck::lovestruck:
Momma Rose does not want any other cats coming to steal her treasures:cat:
You must be so proud of her and what you have accomplished:grouphug:

I am so proud of her. She has gone through a lot in such a short time and has been scared, but never aggressive.

Angel, Roses mom does the same thing. She Also does this with her food. She will eat some and then get the dish close ebough to the litter and cover the rest of the food with litter....I am wasting so much food..she never eats all of it. I am thinking she is hiding from other cats so that she can have some later....she is still feral in her ways.

Rose eats most of her food when I put it down. She does do hisses and growls as she is going towards it, but settles down once she starts eating. One of Sweet Pea's kittens would hide toys in the same corner. I could never figure out which of the 7 was doing it.

LOL ...that's too cute the way Rose is hiding her toys. :lovestruck: I agree it's because she is wanting to hide them for herself ....smart kitty. :D

Roly Poly Rosebuddy is soooo adorable. :cloud9:

Roly Poly is perfect. You should see the belly on this guy. Can a 3 week old kitten develop a beer belly :eek: :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
April 4th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Maybe Rose is kicking Rosebuddy out of the box cuz she wants her purring petting time with you all to herself. Perhaps she thinks it's not big enough for the 2 of them & doesn't want to squish him :shrug:

Such cute pics :cloud9:

Love4himies
April 5th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Not sure why, but it may be part of the "growing up process" that Rose wants her baby to go through.

She keeps such an eye out for him, if he walks behind me and she can't see him, she gets up to check on him.

Today, I got a slight kiss from Rose when I put out my hand for her to sniff (our ritual when I enter the room). I just about cried :o.

Here are some pics from this morning

I brought RB some Kitten Wellness mixed with formula for his first intro to cat food. He just hissed at the plate at first. Momma showing him what to do with it.

Love4himies
April 5th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Rose normally leaves the blanket now and goes under the bed while I play iwth Rosebuddy, I think she likes the break :laughing:.

Rosebuddy walked behind me so Rose couldn't see him, so she immediately came out from under the bed. I replaced Rosebuddy back on the blanket and Rose went back under the bed.

Love4himies
April 5th, 2009, 09:50 AM
So now it is playtime with Rosebuddy. :cloud9::lovestruck:

Love4himies
April 5th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Rose decided playtime was over and time to eat. After she eats, it is time to feed Rosebuddy, so I leave them alone.

ancientgirl
April 5th, 2009, 10:12 AM
OMG that 9th picture of RB is precious!!!!!!

It's so great so read how far Rose has come. She's really beginning to trust you and I think that's great She'll find a wonderful home. And RB is such a sweet little guy. I wish you could find a home that will take them both.:fingerscr

Love4himies
April 5th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks AG. It would be nice for them to go to the same home. In that pic, you can see his fat rolls under his arms. It may be hard to get him onto cat food until Rose decides not to feed him as much. I am thinking because she is feral, she may not start weaning him for a while.

I have a friend coming to visit Rose and Rosebuddy so it will be interesting how Rose reacts to a stranger while Rosebuddy is no longer in the safe confines of his basket.

14+kitties
April 5th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Wonderful pics L4H. Love how much RB has grown. :cloud9:
As for momma not stopping the feeding it probably has more to do with him being the only one and getting all the milk than her being feral. My ferals always had their babies weaned almost off them all together by the time they were six weeks. After that it was maybe only once a day. By that time they were eating the mice Mommas brought back. Shortly after they were 8 weeks the moms would start to take the babies out with them. That is when I stepped in and brought them all back to the garage if I could. I hated seeing the little ones go off and worrying about whether they would come back. :o

chico2
April 5th, 2009, 04:21 PM
L4H,those pics are just precious,thank you for being so vigilant and post pics for us,it's almost like being there.
RB is one lucky little boy,does not have to fight off siblings for teats:laughing:
Who cleaned the plate??I assume Rose did:cat:
She must think she's in heaven:lovestruck:

Love4himies
April 5th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Yes, Rose loves the kitten formula, not as much as raw chicken, but it comes in as a close second. :laughing:.

I am trying to feed Rose very close to the blanket so Rosebuddy gets sniffs of what momma is eating. So far, no licks of the Kitten food from :cloud9:Rosebuddy:cloud9:.

I am trying to keep the pics going daily because I know how hard it was for cpietra to say goodbye to Rose. She is going to make a wonderful "lady of the house" to some lucky adopters so she is easy to get attached to.

The visit with my friends today went wonderful today. NOT ONE HISS FROM ROSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her and her hubby visited Rose and Rosebuddy for about a half hour. Rosebuddy was very entertaining :cloud9: and Rose kept an eye from under the bed.
We had some more company today, and once again, Rose watched from under the bed, no hisses. :lovestruck: :thumbs up.

ancientgirl
April 5th, 2009, 07:24 PM
:highfive:Way to go Rose! That's such a great sign that she didn't hiss at your friends.

hazelrunpack
April 5th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Rose is so beautiful!!! :lovestruck: I love that shot of her looking for Rosebuddy when he was behind you!

Must be a blast to play with Rosebuddy! He looks like such a little clown! :D

They're both doing so well, L4H! You've worked your magic on them! :thumbs up

oh, and don't tell anyone, rose, but madame hazel hoards her toys under the bed, too, right next to her crystal ball :o

growler~GateKeeper
April 6th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Not sure why, but it may be part of the "growing up process" that Rose wants her baby to go through.

I think it's equivalent to the parent birds literally kicking the babies out of the nest so they learn to fly :laughing:

What adorable pics :cloud9: love Rosebuddy with both feet on the clean plate :laughing:

cpietra16
April 6th, 2009, 09:30 AM
L4H...Roebuddy looks great. and those claws.......ouch....I need to see him....I am having a Rose and Rosebuddy withdrawal.....I need to seeeeee themmmmm:yell::D

Love4himies
April 6th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Come anytime, just give me a call to ensure we are going to be home ;).

rainbow
April 6th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Aww, those pics brought such a smile to my face. :cloud9:

It's wonderful to see how far they have come since you brought them home. :thumbs up

onster
April 7th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I just wanted to say again that ure doing a wonderful job.

Im silently following this thread for the most part. I love when you post new pics :D *hint hint*

lol

Rosebuddy is just so adorable! And Rose...well...a beauty queen :cloud9::lovestruck:

Love4himies
April 7th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Rose and Rosebuddy got a new activity centre today. Rose was terrified and went under the bed. Rosebuddy arched his back, fluffed his fur and looked all tough at the centre :laughing:

Just had to add a pic of Rosebuddy.

Love4himies
April 7th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Thanks onster, it is very easy to take care of such a lovely lady.:lovestruck:

14+kitties
April 7th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Somebody went to Costco. :D That one is exactly the same as the one I got my guys. :thumbs up

Love4himies
April 7th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Yup, I needed a playstation for my foster kittens and thought this would be perfect for the kitten room

A few more pics from tonight.

Love4himies
April 7th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I forgot to mention that Rose scratched her paws on her new cat stand.

ancientgirl
April 7th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Oh wow, that's a great play area for them! Looks like Rosebuddy was getting ready to do combat. LOL.

chico2
April 8th, 2009, 08:23 AM
L4H,all I can say is awwwww:lovestruck::lovestruck:
You are a wonderful foster-mom:grouphug:

Love4himies
April 8th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Thanks chico. Some days, I get almost depressed because Rose seems to treat me like a stranger and others like she is very comfortable with me :shrug:. I am trying to watch what I wear in the room because if I am wearing my housecoat, it stresses both Rose and Rosebuddy.

I find Rose very hard to read. She has very fast, jerky movements and I can't tell if she is aggitated or wanting to play but still a little nervous of me.

Last night I just laid on the floor about 5 feet away from Rose and Rosebuddy and watched them. It was great, they seem to forget I was there and Rose and Rosebuddy interacted like I wasn't there. Rosebuddy got a bath even though he wanted to play, but momma held him down firm until she was done :laughing:.

cpietra16
April 8th, 2009, 09:39 AM
L4H...don't forget that Rose is treating you like you are part of a colony and she doesn;t know for sure how safe your colony is. She wants to be part of it but will be cautious, especially when she has a baby to protect.
Or she's just hormonal.....:D..I know when I gave birth I was very hormonal and had bad Post partum...I was social one minute and a :evil:the next.....give her time to adjust. Its all part of the socializing part....

It like taking you out of your home and puting you into a lion's den.....how would you react....:shrug:

Love4himies
April 8th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I know you are right, cpietra, I keep telling Rose she has nothing to fear anymore, hoping she would understand. :sad:. It is the 2 steps forward, one back that is disheartening. :sad:

cpietra16
April 8th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I know you are right, cpietra, I keep telling Rose she has nothing to fear anymore, hoping she would understand. :sad:. It is the 2 steps forward, one back that is disheartening. :sad:

Don't give up..you are doing a great job.You'll see, one day she will just come up to you for a head scratch....don;t give up.I have seen the prgress you've done. She will also learn from Rosebud as well. You will get through to Rose by going through Rosebud. She'll feel the trust...jsut don;t give up. I still have Angel hissing at me every now and then....she is dieing to play with the other cats but she will never let it on when I'm in the room

ancientgirl
April 8th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Aww, L4H don't be so down. Look at all of the progress she's made since she's been with you. Heck, there are times when I'm playing with Czari that she hisses and growls at me, and she's the one who started playing rough.:shrug:

I'm thinking even though we take these girls in and help to socialize them, there will always be a part of them that's a stray. You know, you can take the stray off the street, but you can't take the street out of the stray, or something like that.

Maybe she will always have her moments of doubt and fear, but for the most part, I think she'll be fine. This is all still so new to her. I try not to let myself get down when Czari does the growl and hissing thing at me. I just turn, and ignore her and go about my business. After a while she comes back and settles in and resumes her insistence on the petting. That tells me she just needed her space for a bit, and maybe I was overwhelming her, even though she initiated it.

Maybe she's just extra nervous because if Rosebuddy, and she feels she's constantly needing to be on guard.

Love4himies
April 11th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Rose had lots of human interaction in the last few days. She has been a very good girl. Although she won't go up to strangers, she didn't hiss either :thumbs up.

She loves Jasper being outside her door and starts to purr when he meows and is the only time she allows me to pat her while she is walking around :confused:. She will actually arch her back and rub herself on me :cloud9:.

Rosebuddy on the other hand is not so social with humans. This morning he actually attacked my hand when I picked him up :frustrated: :yell: :sad:.

No luck in starting him on kitten food. He is just not hungry enough, so I will keep trying until Rose decides she is not going to feed him and he gets hungry. He is a whooping 670 grams today :eek:. His fat rolls are so cuddly :cloud9:

We had our turkey dinner last night, so Rose had a feast of turkey for dinner.

hazelrunpack
April 11th, 2009, 10:42 AM
It is the 2 steps forward, one back that is disheartening. :sad:

That still comes out to 1 net step forward! :thumbs up

Sounds like she's been doing a lot of stepping forward the past few days! :highfive: You're doing a great job L4H! Never doubt that :grouphug:

Love4himies
April 11th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks Hazel. :grouphug:

cpietra: have ever tried to pick up Rose and if so, how did she react?

14+kitties
April 11th, 2009, 11:49 AM
L4H - Remember last year when I finally managed to catch Stormy? Talk about feral! She had never ever allowed anyone close to her. She would snarl, growl, hiss, swat, take off if anyone (me) approached. It was only after I took the babies that she started slowly coming around. She still won't allow anyone else but me near her. Rose may be that type of a cat. A one person kitty. You have made great strides with her. I am sure she will be loving all the attention but is still a little wary.

I have just in this last week started to be able to pick up Kitty McKat a little. I do it very gingerly as he tends to lash out hard and fast. He will be purring one second and attacking the next. I still have the feeling whoever owned him abused him. He is not a trusting cat at all!

What I did was to get him used to my hands petting him on both sides for about two weeks or so. That in itself was a challenge. He does not always like being petted. Then I picked him up gently by the sides but only an inch or two off the ground the first time. The next day it was a little further, then further. Today I held onto him for about a minute with him cuddled into my side. I could feel his tail swishing behind me so didn't hold him for long. :eek: I hope this is the start of a big change in him.

Maybe something like that would help with Rose? :shrug: Just a thought.

As for Rosebuddy attacking this morning. Could he have been trying to play? They can get pretty darned rough when they are in play mode.

ancientgirl
April 11th, 2009, 12:52 PM
She sounds like she's doing a lot better though than when you first brought her in so give yourself a pat on the back for that. I know we want things to happen fast, but it seems they have the control over this.

I agree with 14+. Maybe Rosebuddy was trying to play.:D

Love4himies
April 11th, 2009, 07:14 PM
No, Rosebuddy was scared, back arched, fur fluffed. This evening he ran from me :sad:, but Rose almost sat on my lap wanting to be pet :cloud9:.

ancientgirl
April 11th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Aww L4H, He's such a little guy, I'm sure he'll around.:grouphug:

Love4himies
April 11th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Awwww crap, I thought Rose was getting used to me and wanted attention, but she is in HEAT :yell: :frustrated:. Jasper has been going crazy trying to mount poor Sweet Pea :rolleyes:.

ancientgirl
April 11th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Oy! Jasper is still interested? I didn't know they were still interested without their bits.

Love4himies
April 12th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Jasper was neutered late in life (at the SPCA @ about 5-6 years old). It is suspected he was used as a stud as he seems very experienced when he smells a cat in heat (Sweet Pea and now Rose). According to my vet, once they have had the experience, then the smell of a female in heat will cause the male to go through the moves without any working parts :laughing:.

I am taking advantage of her being in heat to give her lots of pats and loves to get some trust.

Rosebuddy is not gaining as much weight, wonder if Rose is allowing him to nurse as often. I still can't get him interested in formula/Wellness mix. He just tries to bury it :yell:, then Rose comes over to eat it.:rolleyes:

Love4himies
April 12th, 2009, 08:24 AM
L4H - Remember last year when I finally managed to catch Stormy? Talk about feral! She had never ever allowed anyone close to her. She would snarl, growl, hiss, swat, take off if anyone (me) approached. It was only after I took the babies that she started slowly coming around. She still won't allow anyone else but me near her. Rose may be that type of a cat. A one person kitty. You have made great strides with her. I am sure she will be loving all the attention but is still a little wary.

I have just in this last week started to be able to pick up Kitty McKat a little. I do it very gingerly as he tends to lash out hard and fast. He will be purring one second and attacking the next. I still have the feeling whoever owned him abused him. He is not a trusting cat at all!

What I did was to get him used to my hands petting him on both sides for about two weeks or so. That in itself was a challenge. He does not always like being petted. Then I picked him up gently by the sides but only an inch or two off the ground the first time. The next day it was a little further, then further. Today I held onto him for about a minute with him cuddled into my side. I could feel his tail swishing behind me so didn't hold him for long. :eek: I hope this is the start of a big change in him.

Maybe something like that would help with Rose? :shrug: Just a thought.

As for Rosebuddy attacking this morning. Could he have been trying to play? They can get pretty darned rough when they are in play mode.

That is a really good idea, maybe I should try that while she is in heat and all lovey dovey.

ancientgirl
April 12th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Jasper was neutered late in life (at the SPCA @ about 5-6 years old). It is suspected he was used as a stud as he seems very experienced when he smells a cat in heat (Sweet Pea and now Rose). According to my vet, once they have had the experience, then the smell of a female in heat will cause the male to go through the moves without any working parts :laughing:.

I never realized that, but it makes sense.

I am taking advantage of her being in heat to give her lots of pats and loves to get some trust.

Rosebuddy is not gaining as much weight, wonder if Rose is allowing him to nurse as often. I still can't get him interested in formula/Wellness mix. He just tries to bury it :yell:, then Rose comes over to eat it.:rolleyes:

That boy is giving you all kinds of trouble. When do you think Rose will start to ween him? Maybe that will get him hungry enough to eat on his own.

Love4himies
April 12th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Rosebuddy finally ate some food :thumbs up. He has not been gaining to much weight in the last couple of days. Rose has started to limit his feedings and I couldn't get him to eat. I finally put some Wellness, raw and formula in his mouth. Only after that he realized that it wasn't so bad :frustrated:

This is not a pic of her food, but of what she would do when she sniffed Rose's food. Sniff and try to bury it.

Love4himies
April 12th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Some random pics from today.

Love4himies
April 12th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Just a couple more.

ancientgirl
April 12th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Aww, I love the one of Rosebuddy attacking Rose's head. :cloud9:

cpietra16
April 12th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Hi L4H...Sorry I haven;t been around...My computer was down. As for Rose...I never tried to pick her up. It's strange that Rosebuddy tries to cover his food....very instinctive...Angel buries her food all the time...I always find her food the next morning full of litter she used to cover it. I have wasted more food since I've had her:rolleyes: They look great by the way.Don;t give up on them. Angel can be so nice one day and the next will hiss without any reason..:shrug:

rainbow
April 12th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Aww, I love the one of Rosebuddy attacking Rose's head. :cloud9:

Hee hee ....me too. :D And the third one of him on the blanket with his toy. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
April 12th, 2009, 08:49 PM
What a little sweetheart! Didn't look like he was too wary of you today, balanced on your knee like that! :thumbs up

I love the one of Rose rubbing her face on your leg, too! :cloud9:

14+kitties
April 12th, 2009, 10:57 PM
I think it is sweet how they try to bury their food like that. Saving it for when they are next hungry. The ferals in the garage do that all the time with theirs. If they can't use litter they use the blankets. I watched Tinka trying to bury hers the other day. Squeak and Kylee do that in the catuary too. I go to feed them and have to do a search for their bowls. I usually find them under a blanket. :frustrated: Silly kitties.

I would think the hissing and behaviour is from being in the warehouse. With people around all the time there must have been a few that didn't like the cats. Probably lots treated them well but it only takes a couple of idiots to treat them badly and turn the cats into very untrusting creatures. They are a lot like us in that respect. It is just going to take some extra spoiling and loving. I am sure you guys have lots of that to share. :thumbs up

Love4himies
April 13th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Rosebuddy takes his cues from Rose, if she is all lovey dovey with me, then he will come running out and play. I am taking full advantage of Rose being in heat to give her lots of human lovin' time.

hazelrunpack
April 13th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Ooooohhhh...that makes sense! About him taking his cues from mom!

How long does a cat's heat last?

Love4himies
April 13th, 2009, 08:58 AM
That depends on the cat, Hazel. I really don't have too much experience with them, but Sweet Pea's lasted about 5 days. I understand that some can stay in heat until they are spayed, or mate.

chico2
April 13th, 2009, 04:41 PM
L4H,my idiot neighbors are already letting their intact 3 females outside on their own:evil:although they combined have 13 kittens in the house:evil:
It's causing a lot of problems for us,when we take the cats outside,they are constantly looking for those girls...it is not going to be a fun summer:mad:

Love4himies
April 13th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Awww, chico that means that intact males will be frequenting your yard looking for these girls and upsetting your boys :sad:. Some people are just :loser:.

chico2
April 14th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Yes,I know,it makes me really mad,not at their kitties,they are beautiful,but at the totally ignorant people:evil:

Love4himies
April 14th, 2009, 09:02 AM
It's too bad you couldn't slip the girls birth control in some treats.

Love4himies
April 15th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Sorry no new pics.:o

Rosebuddy is now going to the bathroom on his own, not in the litter box of course :frustrated:, so he got his first training.

He is loosing weight :sad:. I am pretty sure Rose is not allowing him to nurse too much anymore. He doesn't want Rose's food (Wellness mixed with raw), but will eat the Kitten Wellness mixed with formula and raw. He won't eat unless I hand feed him and I have to keep him isolated from Rose because she will eat all his food :sad:. I didn't have this problem with Sweet Pea's kittens because she allowed hers to nurse until, well, the last one left at 6 months :o and they loved her food so they gobbled it up.

cpietra16
April 15th, 2009, 08:51 AM
L4H...don't forget that Rose is now ready to have another litter, so she won't encourage rosebud to have any milk....

cpietra16
April 15th, 2009, 08:52 AM
As for losing weight its a combination of more movement(play) and less fat intake from mom's milk...don't worry, I'm sure Rose bud will be fine. This is not her first litter. She knows what she's doing

Love4himies
April 18th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I stopped putting formula in RB food and that has brought the stools back to normal colour, still soft, but that is OK for kittens.

Update on the litterbox training:

RB is still not going in the litter boxes that I have around the room, but he is now pooping beside the litterbox and then going in the litterbox to push out the litter to cover the poop :frustrated: :rolleyes: :laughing:

Pics of what Rose does when you know who is on the other side of the door :cloud9:

Love4himies
April 18th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Come on hooman, open da door now!

cpietra: You can see the fur missing at the base of Rose's tail that I mentioned to you that I want the vet to take a look at.

Love4himies
April 18th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Some pics of Rosebuddy :cloud9:

Rose is now loving human attention and comes to me to get some. She is very, very loving :cloud9:

Love4himies
April 18th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Just one more.

I bought a feather stick to play with them and they love it. I'll have to get DH to take pics of them while I am playing with them. Rose is still hoarding all her toys under the bed and tries to drag the feather stick under too :laughing: