Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Strange Kitty

CarolynInPEI
March 19th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Hi, I don't think that this is a problem anymore but I would like to know if anyone has experienced it before. My sisters cat, Little Devil, went through a "phase" where is wouldn't use litter to cover his poop but instead he would use anything he could find around the house. Like socks, cards, monopoly money....anything that he could carry he would use! I think one time he put her fishing rod over the litter box....he's kind of a weird kitty. He's a nice cat though, very friendly. He adopted my sister a few months ago. She came home one night and could hear him meowing in the woods by her house. She took him in, he was pretty thin, and he's been with her ever since. It was the night before Halloween, "Devil's Night" when she found him so that's why he's called Little Devil (and the fact that he really is a little devil sometimes!!).
I'm just curious if anyone else has had to deal with this behavior before?

TacoGrl
March 19th, 2009, 02:15 PM
When Mooki was younger, she would put socks over her business...then she just stopped doing it one day and never covered up again...even with litter...

CarolynInPEI
March 19th, 2009, 02:33 PM
That sounds like Little Devil, I don't think he covers it with anything now. Atleast I know that he's not the only cat that did it! Thanks!:thumbs up

14+kitties
March 19th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Weird kitties are cute! I have one in the catuary who likes to put one of the mats in a litter box every night. When I go to feed them in the morning most days there is the mat oh so neatly over the litter. :frustrated: