Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Taking Monty For A Walk

CarolynInPEI
March 18th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Here are some pictures of Monty from yesterday when I took him for a short walk. I'm trying very hard to enjoy every moment I have left with him w/o letting him see how upset I am. He loves going for walks and always did. We only could go for a very short walk because he just can't handle going too far. And my mom had taken him for a short walk earlier in the day. But he liked it and I enjoyed the time with him.

CarolynInPEI
March 18th, 2009, 07:08 AM
More walk pictures!!

CarolynInPEI
March 18th, 2009, 07:18 AM
These pictures are of Monty when we got back from our walk. It was supper time for the dogs. In the pictures you can see:
Monty and his daughter Charlie having their supper.
A close up of Monty having his supper (it's pork chops, rice and vegetables). Monty always gets his meals cooked for him.
And there is a picture of Monty licking his lips. Thats him telling me that his supper was delicious and for me to thank Mom for making it!!:dog:

CarolynInPEI
March 18th, 2009, 07:21 AM
These are a few more pictures of Monty...

CarolynInPEI
March 18th, 2009, 07:24 AM
This is a picture of Monty's fursiblings, Hank and Little Devil. Hank is the big cat and Little Devil is the smaller cat. It was time for their supper too!

ancientgirl
March 18th, 2009, 07:58 AM
What a lovely fur family. Monty is a handsome boy. Is he ill? :sad:

TulipRoxy
March 18th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Monty is a cutie... looks like you are taking great care of him!

CarolynInPEI
March 18th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Unfortunetly Monty is ill. He started takin seizures a little over a month ago and they are due to a brain tumor (we didn't have an MRI but all bloodwork was fine and have concluded that its a brain tumor). He's been on Phenobarbital and we have already had to increase the amount because he started seizing again. He's not doing very well. Had a bad night last night. Sadly, he has an appointment for March 24 to be put to sleep. Hardest decision we have ever made. Were just not sure if he can make it that long. But we are enjoying every moment we have left with him.

ancientgirl
March 18th, 2009, 08:26 AM
I'm so sorry! I don't even want to imagine what you are going through.

My heart goes out to your handsome boy.

14+kitties
March 18th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Monty is a wonderful dog. So handsome. I am sure you will have many good memories to warm you over the years. :grouphug: Thank you for loving him so much!

hazelrunpack
March 18th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I love that cheek to head shot! :flirt: What a sweetie he is! Is that Carolyn's cheek? :D Love the tongue shot, too! There is nothing more appreciative than a dog's tongue. :p

Charlie is a beautiful girl--love the shine on her coat--and it's nice to finally see Hank and the Little Devil, too! :thumbs up

Great pics, Carolyn! You're doing a great job with Monty. He's so lucky to have you! :grouphug:

CarolynInPEI
March 18th, 2009, 03:37 PM
I can't believe i'm writing this but Monty's gone. We had to put him to sleep a few hours ago. I'm so sad. I can barely even write these words. I lost my best friend. My heart is broken.

Chris21711
March 18th, 2009, 03:42 PM
So sorry to hear the news Carolyn, Monty will no longer suffer or wonder why weird things were happening to him. Thankyou for sharing Monty with us, he was beautiful.

:rip: Monty, run free :candle:

hazelrunpack
March 18th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Oh, Carolyn, I'm so sorry :grouphug: :cry:

You were so very good for him and he was so lucky to have you and your family to love him. :2huggers:

You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

:candle: Monty

Run free!

BenMax
March 18th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Oh I am so sorry.:sad:

RIP Monty, run pain free and wild. Bless you little man.:angel:

Peace to the family and of course Monty.