Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Where is that cat?

t.pettet
March 17th, 2009, 07:01 PM
For about 3 days now I can hear what seems to be a cat meowing. Got some food ready and went all over the place with a full dish calling kitty, kitty. Have checked the total property, under the verandas, in every tree, under every bush, on the roof etc. etc. So am sitting outside getting some sun this afternoon and it starts meowing again (really closeby) the dogs are running all over the yard barking, sniffing everywhere and the only thing present is a starling, sitting in a tree meowing like crazy. I have heard them mimic other birds but a cat? Too much!

14+kitties
March 17th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Neat, huh? And they say birds have no smarts.

hazelrunpack
March 17th, 2009, 11:02 PM
There was a starling in my old neighborhood in Eau Claire that mimicked the sound of the garage door opening. Had it down pat. First few times I heard it on my way past the house I stopped and stared at the garage, thinking the door must be stuck somehow. When I finally figured out it was the bird, I broke out laughing uncontrollably. I'm sure the neighbors still talk about that crazy lady that used to laugh madly for no reason (thank heavens she moved away!) :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
March 18th, 2009, 12:23 AM
I knew alot of birds mimic sounds but I didn't know Starlings do to :laughing:

muggsmom
March 18th, 2009, 09:48 PM
We have a starling here that barks.