Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

im backkkk~~~~~~~

heidiho
March 16th, 2009, 09:50 PM
wuz up./long story short,maui was to expensive i was broke,so me and roxy came back to az.....she was in crate 14 hours,didnt pee or poo..i took 3 valiuns because i was beyond stressed..mom has cat so this is gonna be interesting,so far so good,moms cat actually hissed at me,roxy has been great.here are some pics hope all is well..ahhhh to have internet again,,,sweet..

heidiho
March 16th, 2009, 09:53 PM
and of course my girl roxy.who weighs 13 pounds now..if it wasnt for her i would of gave up a long time ago....

heidiho
March 16th, 2009, 09:59 PM
oops little big...only problem is she isnt really eating,and has slept all day...let my mom pet her though...god i never have loved like i love her,,It was$225.00 for her ticket,$120.00 for crate.$130.00 for health cert...So funny for a free kitten she has ran about $2000.00 but would pay a million,....There were times when i was so depressed cause i had no idea how to get off the island,hated job(cleaned 8 houses aday 6 days a week)hated boss.and thought screw it i can just live in car,,,but then i would come home to her at the door waiting for me..hung in there,got $$$ from people that didnt even know me that well..and here we are.. i just hope they eventually will like each other.....both female,,roxy has wandered house,but honet hissed at her&me..i guess cause she is the queen and this is her territory..only been a day,but i hope they wind up getting along..any advice

RolandsMom
March 16th, 2009, 10:05 PM
thats a long trip for a little kitty! She sure has grown!!!
I was wondering the other day where you were, although I am just back on here too!
nice to know you are both well!!

heidiho
March 16th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Sure was,vet said no sedation for her,makes it worse......I felt soooo bad,but she is my life no way was i gonna leave her,im all she knows and she is all i love....

clm
March 17th, 2009, 05:41 AM
OMG, how wonderful you're back!. I'm sorry you had to leave Maui, but all things happen for a reason. I'm glad you and Roxy are back.:D

Cindy

Love4himies
March 17th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Hi Heidi, so nice to hear from you again.

The trip has been very stressful on poor Roxy, but she will come around in time. Are you keeping your mom's cat and Roxy separate for now?

Dog Dancer
March 17th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Heidi, how great to hear from you again. I'm glad that you have been able to get off the Island and back home to Mom for now. Roxy looks fabulous, it's clear she's well loved. I'm sure that the cats will adjust to each other. Your mom's cat will probably always be the boss because it's her turf. Just make sure they both have safe areas to go to and they should be able to work it out between themselves. Watch for extreme distress and fighting just in case, but I'm sure it won't happen. Set the example for them and stay calm. Good luck to you as you rebuild your life in AZ Heidi. Stay in touch.

cpietra16
March 17th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Welcome back Heidi...its been so long but good to hear Roxy and you are doing well.

heidiho
March 17th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Thanks,,but i am confused,roxy is cruising around the place checking it out,mainly stays in my room under blanket on bed,but will come out and walk around house,but moms cat she stays under moms bed,i have only seen her once,will not let me really pet her,but she did go into my room and lean up on bed while roxy was under blanket sleepin,mom said rox didnt do anything but obviously had to know she was there..i thought this would all be other way around rox would stay in hiding and moms cat would be out,.rox ate a little food very very little and i had to hand feed her to do it,

happycats
March 17th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Welcome back Heidiho!! :)

So happy to hear that you and Roxy are doing good, hope everything goes good for you in AZ! I don't know how anyone can afford to live in Hawaii, it's soooooo expensive, but absolutely beautiful.

Frenchy
March 17th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Wooohoo Heidiho ! :crazy: welcome back my friend ! omg your girl has change so much , what a big girl ! :cat:

heidiho
March 17th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Yeah she is 13.80 pounds...time to diet,which well she aint eatin so maybe she ll drop a few.....so nice to see you all still here,espexially the french one,.

wdawson
March 17th, 2009, 08:15 PM
hey nice too see your still with us......are things good?

heidiho
March 17th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Yes they r now.Stayin at moms til i can pay all credit cards and car off.i couldnt be better,just hope eventually cats will like each other...

wdawson
March 17th, 2009, 08:24 PM
just hope eventually cats will like each other...

they will.....glad things are working out for you:thumbs up

Frenchy
March 17th, 2009, 08:37 PM
espexially the french one,.

ahhhh :2huggers: missed you too !

here : http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57853

we thought about you on your special day !

so .... anything juicy , new BF something ?? :D

hazelrunpack
March 17th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Welcome back, heidiho!! Roxy is looking so grown up! :flirt:

chico2
March 18th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Awww Heidi,you and Roxy are ok,that's great:thumbs up
WELCOME BACK!!!

marko
March 18th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Welcome back Heidi - I'm normally bad with names but i remember yours and I'm glad to hear you are Ok :)

heidiho
March 21st, 2009, 09:55 PM
roxy is doing so good,it is my moms cat that is havin a harder time.,but there getting closer to each other,roxy was sittin on dining room chair and honey was on table right above her,still hisses at her and me though,and it seems roxy just wants her to play..

Frenchy
March 21st, 2009, 11:00 PM
It seems like kitties are going good Heidiho , it does take some time. When I bring new kitty to home , I usually keep them in another room for about a week. Time for them to get use to new smell. So if Roxi is out and about in your mom's home , without the other cat freaking out , that's good !

heidiho
March 21st, 2009, 11:07 PM
well when rox is out she usually stays under bed in parents room.and the funny thing roxy will go in there but never goes under the bed..honey has been coming out a little when roxy is out,lets me pet her for a second then will hiss or take off...we just didnt have the heart to keep roxy locked in my room for a week,it is a small room.they r getting closr to each other but no real contact,just waiting for the fight/

Frenchy
March 21st, 2009, 11:24 PM
you know , if they hiss at each others ,,,.you could try putting powder on them. Because it's mostly the smell , like hey ! You don't smell like me so I don't like you. But if you put powder on both of them , that's one less issue they have to deal with.

heidiho
March 21st, 2009, 11:37 PM
ok now u have my attention.where do we put it on them,what kind,how much

hazelrunpack
March 22nd, 2009, 10:06 AM
I think baby powder... Just dust your hands lightly with some then pet them both! :thumbs up Has a nice strong smell they can share. :D

heidiho
March 22nd, 2009, 10:53 AM
cant wait to try this out,moms cat was growling like today,but they are both coming out of rooms at the same time,almost got in a fight,then honey walked away and rox went close to her then honey took off.everytime honey has been somewhere rox goes and sniffs that area so i hope this will work

glasslass
March 23rd, 2009, 07:37 PM
Heidiho! Nice to have you back on-line! I've often thought about you. Roxy will be happy as long as she's with you. You're her rock!

heidiho
March 23rd, 2009, 07:43 PM
Nice to see u still here to.....Yeah i probably am her rock..she is my girl........

glasslass
March 23rd, 2009, 07:52 PM
Hah! You and I joined around the same time. You went way beyond me in number of posts. I've got a good lead now, but you'll probably leave me in the dust!:wall::laughing:

heidiho
March 23rd, 2009, 07:59 PM
;)oh yeah i see that,hmmm,with the way these cats are acting i might cruise by you..

rainbow
March 23rd, 2009, 10:51 PM
Hey Heidi, I just noticed that you were back :cool: .....Roxy is looking good :lovestruck: and hope all goes well with the intro's to your mom's cat. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

heidiho
March 24th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Thx,we are working on it,rox is adjusting perfectly but moms cat is whole other story.Have a thread on that

clm
March 24th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Your moms cat will come around eventually. Obviously not happy about the new roomie. Some cats never learn to like each other, they just tolerate each other and that's as good as it gets. I'm sure you'd be happy just to get to that point right now.

Cindy

Lukka'sma
April 4th, 2009, 10:03 AM
WOW...Heidi, what a great surprise to see you posting again.
I'll have to go have a look at the pets pic thread now to see if you have any pictures of Roxy posted.
Welcome back Heidi:D