Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Swift Fur Family Update

want4rain
March 16th, 2009, 07:12 PM
anyone remember the few inches of fishing line i tried sticking up Misters nose a few years ago??? i found something even MORE fun!!!

tying a balloon to a few feet of ribbon and tying THAT to his collar!!!

(warning- just as any other creature/kid... keep a close eye to make sure they dont BITE the balloon!!)

he didnt even notice it was THERE until i pointed above his head!! fantastic! :lovestruck: adorable!! he took one look at that thing floating above his head, threw back his ears and attacked the intruder (who stayed -just- out of reach!!) with great energy!!

for those of you who dont recall the fishing-line-up-the-nose giggle (so as to avoid the confusion from before) i had the end of several inches of fishing line and the (hopefully obviously) failed attempt to stick the line up his nose while he tried eating the other end was at least 15 minutes of amusement for both me and the dog.

the cats are doing fine. Frances keeps scooting around on her butt. we treated her for worms after having her anal glands checked (and okayed as looking great) and finding nothing else wrong with her. figure she just has an itchy butt. -sheepish- her poops look great, SHE looks great, her butt looks great and she has no worms. (2 separate tests AND treatment)

we havent taken action with Shadow yet. my husband and i left Jeffrey with the babysitter here at the house. i even warned him Shadow was jumpy. Jeffrey has a nasty scratch on his hand. apparently Jeffrey walked past him on the stairs while he was sleeping. :( when he gets that way i put him in Cailyns room (which has ACCESS to a litter box) though he spends most of the time yodeling. i know its stressful for him. :(

Hunter and Baby Grill (thats Jeffreys name for her these days) are both the same as always. she still rules the house in all of her large glory and Hunter is still begging to bathe one although has branched out to anyone instead of me. i tried to get a picture of him 'stalking' Chris the other day.... poor Chris was sitting on the couch, Hunter just kept leaning over until he was leaning IN BETWEEN Chris and his laptop.... it was a little creepy.

i have some pictures around somewhere. ill get them posted at some point. i figured id give a quick update on the furries since the parasite (Alex/pregnancy) gets so much attention (or rather almost all of my energy) these days.

ok, time for the kids to get ready for bed and to feed the furries!

-ashley

want4rain
March 16th, 2009, 07:27 PM
oh and did i mention that its Moth Season already here in balmy NC USA??? poor Hunter is going to have a FIT with them on the other side of the window. :D

-ash

14+kitties
March 16th, 2009, 09:43 PM
So it sounds like everything is about normal around there... :)

want4rain
March 18th, 2009, 08:45 AM
that part is anyway :)

-ash

Jim Hall
March 18th, 2009, 08:52 AM
well hi ya glad to hear all the furries are good

hows the hooman side of things going>

growler~GateKeeper
March 18th, 2009, 09:43 PM
My :angel2: Cally :dog: loved balloons - he would do the exact same thing - hilarious :laughing: