Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Leia had an AMAZING Class today!

totallyhip
March 15th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Wow we had such an amazing class with Leia today.

For those of you who don't know. We adopted Leia over 2 years ago. She is severely aggressive to other dogs on leash. We even got attacked by an off leash dog last week. We have been doing classes with Leia for over a year and trying to get her fear issues under control. We have a great trainer that we have used for our other dogs. Last week Leia did really good in class. She was able to be in a big room with one another student dog. WOW she had never done that before :thumbs up. I was so happy and so proud. WELL today.....the teacher put a calming cap on her head and we walked her into the room with the 2 teacher aid dogs and she did so well!!! Took a bit of work but amazing. Later on we took her into the bigger room with all the other student dogs (3 other dogs) and she was a little rough at the start but I was able to get her attention and get her to sit and lay down. We were all in the room at the same time and even able to all have a conversation!!! I am so freaking proud and happy we have never been able to do anything close to this in the past. Finally I think we are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel :clap::clap: