Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Clooney Tofu???

onster
March 15th, 2009, 11:25 AM
http://celebedge.ca/Bang/ContentPostingBang3column?newsitemid=BSBS56522&feedname=BANG&show=False&number=0&showbyline=False&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=False

Animal rights group PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) has written to George Clooney to ask permission to use his sweat - which they plan to extract from a gym towel - in a new flavour of tofu.

(BANG) -

George Clooney's sweat is to be used to make tofu.

Animal rights group PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) want to create the unusual vegetarian food by extracting George's salty perspiration from his used gym towel.

The organization wrote to the handsome actor asking for permission to create the product, saying: "The technology actually exists to take your perspiration and make it into George Clooney-flavored tofu (CloFu). Of course, your fans would swoon at the idea of eating CloFu but what interests us most is that we would attract many people who don't try tofu because they worry that it would be bland or that they wouldn't know how to cook it.

"The science is pretty straightforward. According to Dr. Kevin Keener of Purdue University, all animals - including human beings - have unique odor profiles. Dr. Harry Lawless of Cornell University reports that if you use a sample of human perspiration, it is no different than making artificial chicken flavor for instant gravy."

The group obtained the towel from a fan, who was planning to put it up for auction until PETA came up with the alternative idea.

Explaining the product, PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said: "I thought, 'What would make tofu more attractive to people?' Cheese-scented CloFu could be used as pizza topping and in lasagna. CloFu will help people be healthier and more environmentally friendly and will spare animals from being killed for the table. I can see people having parties to try CloFu."

Despite PETA's excitement about the possible product, George has declined the offer.

The 47-year-old actor released a tongue-in-cheek statement saying: "As a mammal, I'm offended."

umm seriously PETA??!?! what the heck? EWWWW.

badger
March 15th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Honestly, PETA comes up with some seriously foolish ideas. Foolishness is often useful for getting people's attention, but this one merited Clooney's response. Yuk.

14+kitties
March 15th, 2009, 01:27 PM
:yuck: I can see how well that would sell! But wouldn't that be using part of an animal, which they are against, for food? Clooney's cute but I can't see his sweat tasting good enough to eat. Hmmm, must ask his hundreds of galpals..............

ancientgirl
March 15th, 2009, 03:40 PM
:laughing:OMG Onster is that for real? That has to be one of the most disgusting things I've heard of.

TacoGrl
March 15th, 2009, 03:52 PM
George is 47? I thought he was older...perhaps he needs to try a Canadian girl in his own age group. :D

As for PETA...not a fan...like Greenpeace...with both, the message was good in the beginning, but now they just seem like nuts and I don't understand why they even get an audience anymore. :rolleyes:

onster
March 15th, 2009, 03:55 PM
i know!! its so gross :yuck:

im not a fan of PETA either but i mean this is a new level of :crazy:

chico2
March 15th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Tacogirl,I would not even begin to compare Peta with Green-Peace,I admire them greatly for their guts to try to correct whats wrong with this world.
Peta on the other hand:loser:

hazelrunpack
March 15th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I'm not a fan of Clooney's but I do love his comment! :laughing: I've seen stranger marketing ideas....but for the life of me, I can't remember where! :laugh: