Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I got to pet one of the strays today!

clm
March 14th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Big Face was waiting for his dinner tonight when I opened up the front door. He's been getting bolder and not running away when we go out with the food dishes. Today he was standing on the blocks of the raised flower bed under the front window when I went out. I took a chance and put my hand out towards him and he didn't move, so I gave him a little pet on the head talking to him like I always do. I then proceded to pet his back and he arched his back like kitties do when they're happy and started to purr. :cloud9:. He and I are going to become good friends I think. Going to take the camera out with me tomorrow and see if I can get a pick of him.
I'm still upset about Max. I haven't seen him since that one wonderful day in early January and I'm sure he's died over the winter.:sad: He was an old cat and I'm grateful he chose to spend his last 8 years in our company. DH was really fond of Max too, we talk about him a lot.
To have another stray now decide to love me as well as take care of him is making me feel a little better.
Patches is still too skittish yet, but he's getting a little bolder. He's still a ways off before any touching is going to be allowed, but I can see it happening one day.
The two maine coon like twins are a long way off from contact. I believe they've been born and raised wild. :sad: Boots is only an occassional visitor, but he's got a serious fear of people and other cats. He hisses if you get within 10 feet of him. Doesn't hiss at the food though. :laughing:
I've seen a new little black kitty the last few days. I hope this is just someone in the neighbourhoods cat coming to grab a bite now and again.

Cindy

14+kitties
March 14th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Isn't that one of the best feelings in the whole world? It is wonderful Big Face is finally coming around. :cloud9: I am sure there is hope for the others. :fingerscr
My heart aches for you with Max. Have peace with the fact he loved you enough to come and say goodbye. I am sure that is what he was doing when he came back that day. He is most probably in a happier, better place. The tears are flowing as I think of him playing with my Li'l Momma and Bandit. :rip: all of our angels. It is so hard loving them and then having to say goodbye.
I am sure with time and your love the others will come around.
Deep breath............
Now..... if you want some new ferals to pet you can come try my two newest.

clm
March 14th, 2009, 11:08 PM
I saw the picture of that big gray feral you want me to pet. :laughing: The look on his face was almost daring you to stick your hand in that cage.
How's he doing? Has he calmed down?

Cindy

hazelrunpack
March 14th, 2009, 11:32 PM
How cool that Big Face is trusting you for pets now, Cindy! :cloud9:

Love4himies
March 15th, 2009, 05:18 AM
That is awesome clm :thumbs up :cloud9:.