Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Litter box liner I just found

ancientgirl
March 14th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Hey guys I found these new litter box liners. I've been using them for about a month, and I'm actually pretty happy with the way they are working out.

At one point, I was lining the boxes with some heavy duty plastic I got from Home Depot. While it worked really well, it was really just a huge pain to line all three boxes and it took a while to do each box.

I stopped lining the boxes several months ago, but changing the litter is a hard thing to do for me, since there's really few places to clean the box really well. I go through an entire roll of paper towels to clean the boxes because I can't put them in the sink to wash them, and I really don't want to put them in the tub because what I get when I turn on the faucet of my tub is literally a trickle, and that's with the water turned up all the way!

About a month ago, I found these:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/51BFRQMA97L_SL500_AA280_.jpg

I was a little wary, but I figure, it does say super thick. I have to say, they've been working really well. While my gang can still get their nails through these a little bit, they hold up way better than the ones I've used in the past. When I clean the box, I use a plastic scoop, but I do find that the clumps that are on the bottom, come up pretty easily. They don't seem to stick too much.

I cleaned all three boxes today, and it took me all of 15 minutes. :D There was only one box that they managed to get a hole on the bottom of the liner, but the hole wasn't really huge. When I change the litter, I put a large plastic garbage bag, opened halfway on the box, then I sort of just lift the box and dump the liner with the litter, so really I don't touch any of it.

These are a little pricey, but for me they are worth it, since they make my litter box cleaning way easier. Oh, and I found them at Petco, but you can also order them on Amazon.

onster
March 14th, 2009, 08:35 PM
cool AG

I personally dont use litter liners. I used to with the first cat we had (who was declawed by previous owners) but then I quickly realized that normal liner doesnt work too well with clawed kitties :rolleyes::evil:

I dunno if I would spend the $$ on this because I do have a huge laundry sink I clean the boxes in but its nice to know theres a product out there that survives kitty claws :thumbs up (could come in handy if i move to a teeny appartment next yr).

ancientgirl
March 14th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Onster, these are very useful and they do stand up to my gang. Like I said, they still get some holes, but these hold up better than most.

If I had a bitter sink, like a laundry sink like you have, I wouldn't need one. But yes, these are useful when you don't have room to clean a box.

clm
March 14th, 2009, 09:01 PM
They look like good liners. Unfortunately my girls like to shred liners. It would make life so much easier if I could use them.

Cindy

ancientgirl
March 14th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Yeah, Oksana loves to shred liners too. When I first put these on, I could hear her just pulling on them. Luckily I think she's actually getting used to them. I didn't notice that many nail holes this time around.

It would be nice to have a little yard with a patio area, where I could just hose the suckers down. But this is the next best thing for me.:D

14+kitties
March 14th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Neat liners. :thumbs up I don't use them either. :o TT likes to scratch at the sides of the boxes instead of burying his stuff. He would probably have the plastic inside the box upside down or something silly. Poor boy *thinks* he is burying his poo but nope. The others would probably be fine with them though.

ancientgirl
March 15th, 2009, 07:59 AM
LOL, at least the little guy is making the effort.:cloud9: