Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm so glad I got her in time. Czari could have been taken away.

ancientgirl
March 14th, 2009, 01:25 PM
So there is a small colony of stray cats behind my building. I found out today the condo board voted to have a rescue come and take them. They will be relocated and taken to rescues.

I can't help but think about Czari and how she could easily have been one of those they will be taking away.

Every day that passes by she becomes more and more part of the gang. She's even had zoomies! She often jumps on my bed and chases her tail then starts running down the stairs and after Maks. When they all get excited and start running around, she joins in. She's started eating out of the others dishes too, and she never did that before. She's more comfortable also having her treats next to them too.

June will be one year that she's been inside with us. I feel like crying thinking she could have been taken away from me, or that she could have been hurt. When I pass by the place she used to hang out, my heart aches, thinking she could still have been out there. I feel so bad for those that are still outside and wish there was something I could do to help them. I wish money wasn't such a factor right now.:sad:

onster
March 14th, 2009, 01:38 PM
awww u did great with her AG :grouphug: She is so lucky to have you.

Im confused tho, isnt them being by rescues a good thing?? Im sure they will be vetted & spayed/neutered if taken in a rescue and depending on how feral they are they may find them homes.

ancientgirl
March 14th, 2009, 01:42 PM
awww u did great with her AG :grouphug: She is so lucky to have you.

Im confused tho, isnt them being by rescues a good thing?? Im sure they will be vetted & spayed/neutered if taken in a rescue and depending on how feral they are they may find them homes.

Onster, I am hoping that this is a good thing. They all deserve to be vetted and taken care of properly. I just hope they all go to a good place. :pray:

chico2
March 14th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Awww AG,you have been so good to Czari,never gave up on her and now she is rewarding you by being a wonderful kitty:lovestruck:
I hope these other kitties are not feral and will have a chance,hopefully at a no-kill shelter:fingerscr

14+kitties
March 14th, 2009, 04:31 PM
AG if it's a rescue who is going to work on capturing them I would think they are much better off than going to a shelter. Rescues will at least work with the ones who may be redeemable, try to save as many as possible. A shelter may not have the time and capabilities to do that.
Czari has settled in wonderfully well. It is nice to know she is no longer on the outside looking in... both figuratively and physically. Hearing she is getting the zoomies and playing with the others does my soul good. :thumbs up Great job!!

ancientgirl
March 14th, 2009, 05:44 PM
I've been stressing out since I found out. I really hope they can help these cats. I've only seen a handful, but there are some really beautiful ones out there. I hate the fact that so many of them very likely came from cats left behind by people who lived here:sad:. Czari is a prime example. She was already spayed for crying out loud! But she was meant for me, and I'm very happy she's settled in so well. She brings a smile to my face whenever I see her playing with something, or getting all comfy on my bed.

I had wanted to try and help another cat, try to bring another one inside, but I just can't. I can't afford it, and I have a feeling if I bring one more into the mix, it might upset the balance. I've been extremely lucky so far in that everyone gets along pretty well. No major fights and no litter box issues.

sugarcatmom
March 14th, 2009, 07:33 PM
She's even had zoomies!

Fantastic! I love to hear how well she's doing, and how far she's come from those early stressful days. You've done such a great job with her and with the rest of your fur family. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-happy-smileys-369.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Sexy-Adult-Smileys/)

clm
March 14th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Your more than doing your part, you can't feed or take care of every stray. There will always be strays unfortunately. You're dong what you can and there's nothing wrong in that. :D My situation won't allow me to take in any more either although I am fortunate enough to be able to feed and house a few more outside too.

Cindy

ancientgirl
March 14th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks guys. She really has come a really long way. I'm so happy things worked out better this time. I'm really proud of how well she's done. Every time I see her doing something new, that she's learned from the others (even scratching the chair, which she learned from Vlad:frustrated:):laughing:.

rhartjr
March 14th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I hope these other kitties are not feral and will have a chance,hopefully at a no-kill shelter:fingerscr

Even ferals can sometimes get a second chance, check out this program by one of the rescues in my area;

http://www.alleycatsandangels.org/barn.html

ancientgirl
March 14th, 2009, 07:55 PM
That looks like a great program. I wish there were more around like that.

Love4himies
March 14th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Czari is certainly lucky to have found you and you have done a great job. Not easy to socialize a kitty who is used to being outside to being an indoor only kitty. I bet she doesn't miss her old life at all!

ancientgirl
March 15th, 2009, 07:03 AM
L4H, I really hope that her previous life is just a fading memory for her. I can't imagine what kind of life she must have had. At the very least, here she was fed now and then, and she had places that she could make her shelter. But still, there's nothing like having a home. I don't want her to to ever have to think about that life again.