Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update on fuzzbutts

Frenchy
March 12th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Boy oh boy , lots going on around here ! First of all , Chloe is doing better , still on pills , no pee today !! :thumbs up thought I could celebrate ...

BUT , got home yesterday to a carpeted living room full of dierhea ... again this morning , again when I came home today. 30-45 minutes of cleaning each time .

I crated Jaid Monday and Tuesday , not after that. So I left a message with the rescue lady .... then I saw Jaid outside , having a perfect number 2 .... was wondering how the heck could she get better so fast , she does have pancreas issues.... went outside with them once everything was clean , and then saw Nelly , she's the one with the explosive dierhea ! So I apologized to Jaid :cool:

So Nelly might be stressed out because of Jaid loose in the house with her all day. Which is sad because everything is ok between them , but maybe Jaid is too hyper and vocal when I'm not her. So it stresses Nelly. Rescue lady told me Jaid was used to crate and that I should just crate her while I'm at work.

For the first time , Jaid has settled down early tonight :thumbs up she's feeling more comfy. What I like about fostering other breeds than goldens is that I get to learn about them. Reading about one breed and having one in your home is 2 very different things. Jaid is the perfect example for her breed , I can see she needs not only to play but also to work. She is not cuddly like goldens but she needs to be near me. She is an amazing dog , not the breed for me but , she is an amazing dog :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2009, 09:11 PM
I'm glad that Jaid is settling in so well! :highfive:

Poor Nelly, though! Such a sensitive soul! The stress maybe just unbalanced the organisms in her intestine--our dogs tend to have an explosion of clostridium if they're stressed, and that leads to diarrhea. Do you have a probiotic you can give her?

Frenchy
March 12th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Do you have a probiotic you can give her?

I gave her a bit of rice and pumpkin puree ... I tried probiotics before and it didn't work :sad:

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Too bad you're not closer--I've got a ton of metronidazole on hand. :rolleyes:

Well, at least Chloe is doing better! That was great news!!!! :thumbs up

angeldogs
March 12th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I'm glad Jaid is starting to feel comfy with you and the others.Aren't GSD a wonderful breed.

Poor Nelly,hope her stress level settles down if that is the cause of her runny stools.

Good to hear Chloe is doing better.

Frenchy
March 12th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Too bad you're not closer--I've got a ton of metronidazole on hand. :rolleyes:

If I had a good vet , I could get some :frustrated:

14+kitties
March 12th, 2009, 09:30 PM
I am so glad things are settling a bit more with Chloe. Maybe the meds just kicked in now? I am so sorry about Nelly's runs. It's one thing after another. :grouphug: for you Frenchy. It will get better one day.

clm
March 12th, 2009, 11:35 PM
No one could ever say your life is dull. It's so good you get to learn about different breeds that way. It would be interesting for sure.
Poor Nelly and poor you. You just get through one thing and then something new happens.
I'm so glad Chloe is doing better though.

Cindy

growler~GateKeeper
March 13th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Great news for Chloe & Jaid :thumbs up

:grouphug: for Nelly :goodvibes: feel better soon

Rottielover
March 13th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Frenchy, I also have a full cupboard full of it, and can always get more. Do you want me to come by tomorrow evening and give you enough for her.

happycats
March 13th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Awwww poor Nelly, just a quiet sensitive girl. and jaid being a GSD is probably a huge whiner when your not there. I'm sure they will all settle in a short while.

:yuck: Dane diarhea all over the carpet :yuck:

We have ALL laminate now, thank dog! Finally finished the last of it this past week-end, I was tired of cleaning the 3 P's off the carpets ( poo, pee and puke)

Yup, you must have a pretty busy/interesting life with all those furries running around ! :D

Winston
March 14th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Oh Boy! what a day that must have been! How are things today? Is Nelly girl feeling a bit better? How is everyone else at the farm? :D

ancientgirl
March 14th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Oh boy, my sympathies with the diarrhea. I hope Nelly is doing better. She's such a good girl.

Glad to see Jaid is doing well too, and I'm really happy to hear Chloe is still okay on the pills!

chico2
March 14th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Poor Nelly,she's stressed,hopefully the poop-business will clear up with Jaid crated:fingerscr
Glad to hear Chloe is doing better,she's such a sweetheart.
Never thought you would foster a GSD,personally I love GSD'S,but I love all of them.
I also never thought the day would come that you'd have cats and now you have not one but four,amazing:thumbs up
How are the kitties with the new pup?

rainbow
March 14th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Is Chloe still doing better? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Glad Jaid is doing well :thumbs up and hope Nelly's diarrhea has cleared up. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Frenchy
March 15th, 2009, 11:09 AM
How are things today? Is Nelly girl feeling a bit better? How is everyone else at the farm? :D

Nelly is a bit better , still had the runs yesterday morning , had a small accident during the night , LP brought me some metronidazole so it should clear up soon :thumbs up

How are the kitties with the new pup?

Kitties .... are ruling the house :laughing: I was told Jaid was good with cats and she is , she just ignores them.

Is Chloe still doing better? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Little by little , one pee per night. I'm guessing this could take another few weeks before it's settles 100%. But the 3 times she didn't have accidents last week made me feel so much better about everything. To finally see some changes , I needed that !

Frenchy
March 15th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Oh and I totally forgot to mention .... some of you may remember Bailey's last vet visit , just regular check up. He had a bad lump on his ribs and it didn't looked good .... it got smaller :confused: don't ask me how , but it did ! :thumbs up

aslan
March 15th, 2009, 11:26 AM
yay for bailey and mommy too.:grouphug:

onster
March 15th, 2009, 11:27 AM
thats awesome frenchy!!!

hmmm maybe balieys lump is like bundusk? his was kinda near his flank/ribs. It got bigger at first and lasted like 4 months before it eventually went away!

14+kitties
March 15th, 2009, 11:31 AM
That is great news Frenchy! It's about time you got some of that!! Let's hope everyone in your house is starting to turn around. You need some good luck!:thumbs up

ancientgirl
March 15th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Frenchy, maybe those pills work differently on each dog, and maybe it just took some time for them to work on Chloe. At any rate, I'm glad you are seeing some improvement.

I'm also glad to hear Nelly's poops are better.

I can't say I'm surprised about the cats.:laughing:

hazelrunpack
March 15th, 2009, 03:16 PM
How wonderful about Bailey's lump!!!! :highfive:

:goodvibes: for both Nelly's and Chloe's continued improvement!

LP, you're an :angel:

chico2
March 15th, 2009, 03:26 PM
It's so good to hear good news from your end Frenchy,hopefully your luck has turned,you and all the fuzzbutts have earned it:fingerscr

rainbow
March 15th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Sure hope your luck has finally started to change, Frenchy :fingerscr :goodvibes: ......it's about time and you certainly deserve it. :angel: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Winston
March 22nd, 2009, 11:38 AM
Hey there Frenchy! how is the pack doing? Hopefully everyone is feeling better this week? :thumbs up

Mat&Murph
March 22nd, 2009, 11:48 AM
Glad to hear everyone is doing good. Hope Nelly will be ok. Finally some good news. Hope it lasts for you.. Nobody deserves it more!! Drooly kisses from the boys

Frenchy
March 22nd, 2009, 06:13 PM
Hey there Frenchy! how is the pack doing? Hopefully everyone is feeling better this week? :thumbs up

hey Winston , Nelly is pooping fine now :thumbs up No changes in Chloe's situation. Once or twice per week , she won't have an accident during the night. But that's about it.

Jaid is being crated while I'm at work , she doesn't seem to mind. She was suppose to go to her new family yesterday but unfortunately , something happened to one of the family's dogs , so they had to cancel the adoption. We still have another family interested but it might take a while. :shrug:

rainbow
March 22nd, 2009, 06:30 PM
Glad that Nelly is pooping good again :thumbs up

At least Chloe isn't getting any worse ....maybe it will still just take some more time. :shrug: Did you ever join that forum to ask any questions? :o

Sorry to hear that Jaid's forever home fell through but hope the family's dog will be okay. :fingerscr Jaid is such a beautiful girl I'm sure that it won't be long before someone adopts her. :goodvibes:

BusterBoo
March 22nd, 2009, 07:16 PM
:crazy: Wow Frenchy...I am dizzy just reading all that is going on.....

Glad Chloe is settling down...
Glad Nelly's poops are getting better
Hope Jaid finds that forever home soon!

I don't know how you do it.....you are a true :angel:

hazelrunpack
March 22nd, 2009, 08:04 PM
Yay for Nelly :highfive:

How sad about Jaid's prospective family, though! :sad: She seems like such a sweetie--I can't imagine that it's going to take long before she finds a loving home! :cloud9:

14+kitties
March 22nd, 2009, 08:48 PM
Still sending lots of :pray::goodvibes::fingerscr for all of your puppers. You have had quite the adventure lately. It's time for a break.

Luvmypitgirls
March 24th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Frenchy, all I can add to everything else that has been said is...

You're awesome!

Jim Hall
March 24th, 2009, 03:40 PM
is puce still terrorising poor nelly?

Frenchy
March 26th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Rainbow , I didn't register on the other forum. I did read many threads and thought I wasn't english enough to post there :o I know they're going to ask lots of questions about the tests and results , it's hard enough for me to understand them in french , I can't see myself explaining it in english. :o

She was doing better last week than this week. :shrug: only one time without an accident this week and that was last night , this morning. I just don't get it. Jaid had one poo incident too , I have to tie her up when she goes outside late at night because she goes to hide under patio and doesn't want to come back in :confused: (you should have seen me at 12:30 am outside in my pj's trying to coax her back in with cold cuts :frustrated:) it's like she's afraid outside late at night , not because it is dark , she does go around 8-9 pm and has no issues. Pretty weird ! So the first time I tied her outside , she didn't go , probably because she was tied up. So ... she went in the house instead :wall:

Puce is doing great , walks around the dogs now , no problems. He does bit** slaps once in a while , you know , just to remind the dogs to respect his "authoritay" :D

Frenchy
March 26th, 2009, 07:24 PM
oh and we're still searching for a forever family for Jaid :goodvibes:

may I remind EVERYONE (l4h) that Jaid is wonderful with cats :D

Frenchy
March 29th, 2009, 08:22 AM
sigh .... Chloe had a very bad night , she went out last at midnight. Then woke me up at 2 and 5 am and I took her outside both times. Even if I took her out on all times , she still had an accident inside , I will have to take THE decision real soon , I just can't deal with this anymore. I am exhausted.

Jaid was suppose to leave at the end of the month but that has change. I may ask the rescue to take her back as I don't want to say goodbye to Chloe while I have a foster here. This just sucks.

angeldogs
March 29th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Sending Jaid back to the rescue well dealing with Chloe would to some extra stress off. :grouphug:for you and Chloe.

chico2
March 29th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Frenchy,what can I say,I am just really,really sorry you have to go through this so soon after Sams passing,:grouphug:to you and beautiful little Chloe:grouphug:

ancientgirl
March 29th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Frenchy, I can't even form words right now. I had hoped Chloe was getting better.:cry:

Love4himies
March 29th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Aww, that is too bad for Jaid. I hope it wasn't a serious issue with their dog.

14+kitties
March 29th, 2009, 11:12 AM
:grouphug: Frenchy. I am so sorry this is happening to you. It is tough to deal with. Chloe is a sweetie. :sad: You have done great things for her. This is the hardest. :grouphug: Stay strong mf.

rainbow
March 29th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Frenchy, I'm sorry to hear the sad news. :sad:

I was hoping that your luck was finally changing. :grouphug:

Frenchy
March 29th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I threw away the remaining pills this morning. Since they're not doing anything for her. I think they even made it worst. Let's see how she does without them. :o

ancientgirl
March 30th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Good luck! Frenchy, I don't remember if I've asked, but have you tried a holistic approach?

14+kitties
March 30th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Fingers all crossed here! :pray::fingerscr:goodvibes:

Frenchy
March 31st, 2009, 07:54 PM
Good luck! Frenchy, I don't remember if I've asked, but have you tried a holistic approach?

starting tonight :fingerscr :goodvibes: :pray: got all I needed earlier tonight and started her on it. I won't post what I'm using because I don't want people who might look up cushing to try this without seeing a vet first ... I mean I still think it's important (more of a must) to take a dog to the vet and figure exactly if it is cushing , and then try the vet's meds. If the meds are not working , then and only then would I recommand trying holistic. Although I still don,t know if this sh** works. :o

ancientgirl
March 31st, 2009, 08:08 PM
I will be praying this works. I rememember Tommysmom posting about how well Tommy was doing after they saw a holistic vet, so I really hope this will work for Chloe.

:pray::pray::goodvibes::goodvibes:

chico2
April 1st, 2009, 03:37 PM
Awww Frenchy:fingerscr:pray::fingerscr:pray:for little Chloe:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
April 2nd, 2009, 10:21 PM
:fingerscr that the holistic remedies work, Frenchy! :grouphug: Have you seen any change since you started them? :goodvibes:

Magicwildwolf69
April 2nd, 2009, 11:50 PM
i'm so sorry you are going through this. i wish you much luck with all this. :grouphug::grouphug: lots of hugs for you and chloe

TeriM
April 3rd, 2009, 02:54 AM
Hope things are going well for you and the fuzzbutts :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:.

Frenchy
April 3rd, 2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the good vibes everyone !

:fingerscr that the holistic remedies work, Frenchy! :grouphug: Have you seen any change since you started them? :goodvibes:

Not yet , I've read it's different for all dogs , it can take from 6 days to a month before seeing improvement. I'm a bit .... well .... very pessimist (sp) about this but at the same time , I pray that it will work. :pray:

hazelrunpack
April 4th, 2009, 01:40 AM
We're crossing our paws here that it works! And :fingerscr, too!

:goodvibes:

rainbow
April 4th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Hope they work, Frenchy. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

chico2
April 4th, 2009, 08:59 AM
:fingerscr:pray:here too for Chloe and you:fingerscr:grouphug:

Sylvie
April 4th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Hi Frenchy

My thoughts and prayers:pray: are with you.

If we did not have Greta,:evil: I would take Jade for you but Greta would not appreciate another female in the house.

Not to mention, I have my hands full with Shadow.

I know what you are going through and I understand how hard it is to go through. Had some of those problems with Stoney before I made the decision. But, I know that I made the right decision, even though it was very hard.

Take care of yourself, :grouphug:

14+kitties
April 4th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Still have lots of fingers and stuff crossed here that Chloe shows some improvement soon!!
How are the other fuzzies doing?

ancientgirl
April 4th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Frenchy, I pray every day that this is the answer to Chloe's health problems.:pray:

Frenchy
April 4th, 2009, 10:39 AM
I know what you are going through and I understand how hard it is to go through. Had some of those problems with Stoney before I made the decision. But, I know that I made the right decision, even though it was very hard.

Sylvie , of course you took the right decision. If anyone one else would tell me they have a dog with Chloe issues , and would ask for my opinion about letting go of their dog , I would tell them to go ahead. Even if Chloe doesn't appear to be sick , it is EXTREMELY hard on me. Since October , I don't think I had more than 5 full night of sleep. I get up to let her go outside , sometimes more than once a night , and still get up in the morning to find a pee puddle in the house .... mornings like these I wish I had the strenght to take her to a vet and have her put down. As a result , I'm exhausted and I don't spend as much time with the dogs.

Few weeks ago , I did take an appointement , I had an hour to go to the vet ..... I put the collar on her , and froze , I took the collar off her and put the leash back in the drawer. I couldn't go on with it.

I think this has to do with vets , telling us that we should put our dogs through expensive tests and treatments , when after all , we should just let them go.

Frenchy
April 4th, 2009, 10:44 AM
How are the other fuzzies doing?

Well , I think this might be related with all that's happening .... I had to start crated Nelly again yesterday , while I'm at work. This week , she has detroyed (in part) a comforter and Thursday , she ate a wooded window sill , that I can't afford to have repaired. mind you if Nelly was a 20 lbs dog , there wouldn't be that much damage and I may find it funny but this is not the case here. :sad:

of course , me being exhausted and stressed , affects her.

Thank dog Bailey is doing fine and the kitties are also doing good. Foster Jaid , has also her issues , being afraid at night , maybe the lady that had her before made her sleep outside , because it,s always right after I let her out at night , sometimes she's afraid to come back inside , when she does , she hides behind the oil stove or under a tiny coffee table. :sad:

Sylvie
April 4th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I understand how you feel. A few years back, before we had Stoney, we had a Golden named Odus. He had epilepsy, which we could not control no matter what. He always had his seizures at night. It got so that I would wake up about 20 times a night just to make sure he was O.K.

One weekend he started having seizures Friday night and continued all weekend. We had to take him in on Monday. He was 2 years old.

I know what lack of sleep and worry can do to you, that is why I asked you to take care of yourself. :grouphug:

14+kitties
April 4th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Awww Frenchy. :grouphug: You are certainly facing lots of challenges this year. I was so hoping things would be going better for you this year. :sad: But I know with your spirit and drive that things will improve soon. Keep the faith mf. :grouphug: