Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

memorial for a friend

romor
March 12th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Been visiting different sites looking for ideas and ways to memorialize my old friend and pet dog for many years, Townsend. Now that the sadness is subsiding, I feel I would like to have something to remember the many fun years we had together. Wondering what others do to celebrate the life of a good friend.

BenMax
March 12th, 2009, 12:15 PM
I make a donation to a rescue on every aniversary. His legacy will live on while helping animals in need just as he was.

Maggieandme
March 12th, 2009, 01:55 PM
:angel2:When my Old English Sheepdog died after a long and happy life I left a donation with our Vet to pay forward the bill of someone in need. He matched my contribution with his time and shortly afterwards I received a letter from the family of the dog we saved. They were so grateful.
It was a good way to honour my old friend.

clm
March 12th, 2009, 02:17 PM
:angel2:When my Old English Sheepdog died after a long and happy life I left a donation with our Vet to pay forward the bill of someone in need. He matched my contribution with his time and shortly afterwards I received a letter from the family of the dog we saved. They were so grateful.
It was a good way to honour my old friend.

That was a wonderful thing to do.

I've lost 5 cats and 2 dogs in my lifetime. I have pictures of them all and do look at them from time to time. I've never felt the need to memorialize them in any way. I still think about each and every one of them often, and I have such wonderful memories of them all too. I keep them where they belong now, in my head and my heart, and they'll be with me always.
I'm no different when I lose a person close to me either. My grandparents were all very special, and I may or may not ever see their gravesites again, but their gravesites mean nothing to me. It's my wonderful memories of them that matters to me. They live on in me and the rest of my family.

Cindy

Shaykeija
March 12th, 2009, 09:45 PM
we plant trees in our pets honour. We also put their tags in the trees.

14+kitties
March 12th, 2009, 10:58 PM
That was a wonderful thing to do.

I've lost 5 cats and 2 dogs in my lifetime. I have pictures of them all and do look at them from time to time. I've never felt the need to memorialize them in any way. I still think about each and every one of them often, and I have such wonderful memories of them all too. I keep them where they belong now, in my head and my heart, and they'll be with me always.
I'm no different when I lose a person close to me either. My grandparents were all very special, and I may or may not ever see their gravesites again, but their gravesites mean nothing to me. It's my wonderful memories of them that matters to me. They live on in me and the rest of my family.

Cindy

clm - that is wonderful! You do exactly what I do. I don't visit the cemetary to see my mom, dad or sister. They aren't there. I carry them in my heart. Just like you. My other sister makes a big deal about going. I don't see it.

romer - have you looked at the pet cemetary on the home page of this site? Or you can also add his name and pictures to the "Pets who have passed" section of this forum. I go back and look at my sweeties who have passed all the time. It's sad but comforting at the same time.