Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My pug pees on my stuff!!

shanasbananas
March 11th, 2009, 01:35 PM
My beautiful black pug, Fleurabella Pugglesworth has started peeing on things. She turned 1 year old in December and is housebroken. But recently, like in the last couple of weeks, she's started peeing on our clothes that are left on the floor, sometimes the kids' blankets if they are on the floor and even on a sleeping bag! Any ideas as to what's up with Fleur?? :eek:

BenMax
March 11th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Love the name - very creative not to mention adorable.

It's simple - it's called rebellion or a minor set back. Go back to basic training. If you must - use the umbilical training. Everything will snap back to the way it was.

You must continuously encourage proper behaviour. Pugs are nutourious (spelling sorry) for being little buggers. Behind that gorgeous putty face is a very savvy dog that is stubborn and expressive when they defy.

shanasbananas
March 11th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Yes, my little Fleur is a rebel at times. I guess she just needs more supervision. But last night for instance, I took her out, she peed, I brought her in and immediately started giving the kids a bath and in the time it took to bathe them and put them to bed (like 30 mins) she had peed on a sleeping bag that was on the floor. I didn't even know until I stepped on it!!! ERRRRGH!!! Thanks for the advice though!

Oh - while I'm on topic for Fleur, sometimes when she's sitting down (because she likes to sit on people and objects as if she's sitting in a chair, not at all like a typical dog sits) she leaves a stinky little spot of foul smelling something or other. It doesn't smell like poo or pee, but it smells GROSS!!! Any ideas???

BenMax
March 11th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Maybe her anal glands require releasing. Is she spayed?

shanasbananas
March 11th, 2009, 03:15 PM
yes, she is spayed.

BenMax
March 11th, 2009, 03:21 PM
And her anal glands? Is there discharge coming out of anywhere??

shanasbananas
March 11th, 2009, 03:25 PM
I don't exactly know what her anal glands are. Sometimes there is like a slimy greenish goo that comes out of her butt, but I thought that was just some poo. I only actually see stuff when she's nervous. Typically its just a stentch or maybe a drip.

BenMax
March 11th, 2009, 03:27 PM
I would be seeing a vet. It sounds minor and can be rect-um-fied easily..trust me.:laughing::laughing:

shanasbananas
March 11th, 2009, 03:30 PM
FUNNY!! She goes in for shots in a couple weeks, I'll surely ask the vet then!

Thanks a bunch!:thumbs up

Lynne_B
March 11th, 2009, 03:59 PM
If she's peeing a lot, and sometimes they may up their water intake as well, but it could be a urinary tract infection as well, you may not want to wait a couple weeks, or try and change your appt.

shanasbananas
March 11th, 2009, 04:07 PM
She pees a small puddle like every now and then. But it's odd because it's on something that's right out in the open (like our kid's blanket) or the other day she just walked over next to the fireplace and squatted. Like it was no big deal. If our Italian Greyhound, Reilly Bean, has an accident, it's off in a room in a closet or something. But Fleur seems to have no qualms about it!

LavenderRott
March 11th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Sounds more like a UTI then a behavioural issue. I would take her in as soon as possible - untreated UTI's can cause long lasting damage. You could get those stinky anal glands expressed at the same time. :D