Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Please nominate, and help the humane society!!

happycats
March 10th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I found this on Facebook for the Durham Humane society (if you remember it burned down, and many cats and dogs died in the fire)
They desperately need a new place, as the unwanted , abused and stays keep coming!
Please help!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=105697405607

Bailey_
March 10th, 2009, 05:16 PM
:sad:That is soooo sad!!!!!!:sad:

happycats
March 10th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Very sad, and they tried to re-locate long before the fire, but the city would not re-zone, for all the places they were trying to get :sad:

Hopefully they will get and extreme home makeover!! Come on Ty the animals of Durham region are :fingerscr:fingerscr for you!!

ancientgirl
March 10th, 2009, 07:42 PM
I hope they get it. I remember that story it was horrible!:cry: I signed a petition and am sending to some friends.

happycats
March 10th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I hope they get it. I remember that story it was horrible!:cry: I signed a petition and am sending to some friends.

All the pets of Durham region would thank you if they could! :dog:

ancientgirl
March 10th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I hope they get this. Do you know when they will know?

happycats
March 10th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I'm not sure.

They found a nice piece of land in Whitby, but again are having trouble with re-zoning :mad:

They also tried contacting Mike Holmes, since he's from Ontario Canada, but so far he has not replied :sad:

ancientgirl
March 10th, 2009, 08:34 PM
I'm not sure.

They found a nice piece of land in Whitby, but again are having trouble with re-zoning :mad:

They also tried contacting Mike Holmes, since he's from Ontario Canada, but so far he has not replied :sad:

Unbelievable! You would think they would try to help a little more them being a rescue. It's always the places who need the most help that get shafted in the worst ways.

happycats
March 10th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Unbelievable! You would think they would try to help a little more them being a rescue. It's always the places who need the most help that get shafted in the worst ways.

I guess everyone has their cause, and for so many animals are not it :cry: