Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help us name our dog!

nickileigh143
March 10th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Hi :) we have adopted a new dog! We are having trouble deciding on a name! We need your help. He is a 1 1/2 year old corgi, fluffy and tan/red colored. He was adopted from a place that had way too many dogs, so grew up in a pin. He is still a little shy, but getting better. He is very sweet. I have attached a couple pics of him :). Some names we have been thinking about that we like are "Guy" (like "guy on the couch" from the movie half baked lol), "Toast" (a little boy said we should name him peanut butter toast haha), "Darwin" (I am a scientist and a fan of Charles Darwin), and "Hyde" (from the 70's show). Any votes for any of these, or new ideas, or input would be great! :) We really appreciate it!

Dee-O-Gee
March 10th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Welcome to the board Nickilegh :thumbs up

In your second picture, it looks like theres another corgi??? Is the new guy a 2nd pup? If so, what the other corgi's name? Coinciding names is always fun when there's 2. In any event, I LOVE Darwin--how cute:lovestruck:

When we got our 2nd pup, I went into an English Springer Spaniel website to check out names and came up with "Gryphon" (sounds like Griffin). You could always look at a corgi website for unique names too.

Good luck and hope for :lightbulb: ideas.

BenMax
March 10th, 2009, 05:07 PM
He is as cute as 'Pickles'!:):lovestruck:

Congrats on your new addition. He is absolutely gorgeous.:cloud9:

happycats
March 10th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Awwww he's so cute, looks like a fox!

name ideas

first one that came to mind is,

Tanner

others,

Stewie
Gage
Oliver
Sammy
Cojo
Jake

Sib.HuskyMom
March 10th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Oh, so sweet :lovestruck:
What about "butterscotch"?
You could call him Scotch for short ;)

Bailey_
March 10th, 2009, 06:20 PM
I LOVE the name 'Toast'. That is so original and cute - very adorable!

coppperbelle
March 10th, 2009, 06:24 PM
He is adorable. When I look at the second picture, Foxy immediately came to mind.

TacoGrl
March 10th, 2009, 09:48 PM
What a sweetie! :cloud9:

I like some of the ones mentioned...and some new ones...

Stewie
Guy
Oliver
Jerry
Ben
Seth :D
Carl
Toby
George
Raymond
Hobart
Hatch