Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking for a Boston terrier

Melinda
March 10th, 2009, 02:19 PM
would anyone know of a boston in rescue? I've been to the boston rescue site of Ontario and they don't have any at the moment. A dear man I know who lost his wife this past fall , has just lost his boston (RIP sweet baby) he's always had bostons, they travel everywhere with him, camp in the summer etc.... any tips would be appreciated.

Winston
March 10th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Melinda try to do a search on petfinder,com for bostons. I just did a search but it froze my computer but it showed 987 available in various rescues..Keep in mind that that covers USA and Canada.

ancientgirl
March 10th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Maybe Smiley knows of a rescue. Didn't she get Jelly from a rescue?

cell
March 10th, 2009, 08:29 PM
To breed specific search on Petfinder look for the search bar on the left of the page it will say Animal, select Dog and then underneath there is a link saying "Breed" click that link and select Boston Terrier and put in your postal code (with the space after first 3 digits) and it will list animals in order of proximity.

Smiley14
March 10th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Maybe Smiley knows of a rescue. Didn't she get Jelly from a rescue?

Yes, both Belle and Jelly were from Rescues here in the US! :)

Have you tried the Boston Terrier Club of Canada Rescue? They are a wonderful group of people and work all across Canada. My friend Randi works with them. She's the photographer that took the picture on their homepage. :)

http://www.bostonterrierrescuecanada.com/

Melinda
March 11th, 2009, 04:34 AM
that was the first place I checked Smiley, none available at this time, I did the petfinder thing also, the closest one was Vermont and I sent off the information to my friend. Most are in MI and they won't ship, don't blame them on this one *S* thanks people

Smiley14
March 11th, 2009, 09:02 AM
that was the first place I checked Smiley, none available at this time, I did the petfinder thing also, the closest one was Vermont and I sent off the information to my friend. Most are in MI and they won't ship, don't blame them on this one *S* thanks people

Oh, I'm so sorry, you had that in your first post and I totally missed it! Your best bet though in that area is to to still fill out an application and go through their approval process and get on their wait list. They do get new BT's quite frequently that are adopted out pretty quickly and barely or not even listed. From people I've known that have worked with them, the wait time wasn't too bad, maybe a few months or so. I know several people that have adopted BT's from this rescue and I know two people that foster for this rescue and that seems to be the resounding advice from them. :)

hazelrunpack
March 11th, 2009, 09:58 AM

Is there any way you could arrange a transport? :shrug: Our shelter here won't ship, either, but as long as the adopter applies, is accepted and agrees to some stipulations, the shelter has no problem with the adopter arranging the transport. Just a thought... :2cents:

Melinda
March 11th, 2009, 10:01 AM
thanks Smiley14 I'll have them do that,
Hazel I'll get them to ask the rescues about transport, thanks for the idea