Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Turn!!

Writing4Fun
August 5th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Seeing all those pics of your beautiful babies, I couldn't resist posting some of my own. While we're here, why don't we play "Name That Breed!"? Anyone wanna take a guess as to Phoebe's mix of breeds?

The first one is from the day we brought her home. The second is what she looks like now, at almost 4 months old, sleeping with her best buddy - the air conditioning vent! :D

We were told she's a Shep/Collie/Husky/Golden mix (pretty much covers them all, don't you think?). I see the Shep and Collie. The Husky disappeared when her fur flattened out. She has a line of darker, extremely wavy fur running down her back - no clue which breed this comes from :confused:

Stewart, I think she'll grow up to look a lot like your pup. What do you think?

glasslass
August 5th, 2004, 12:18 PM
She's a doll! Not sure what kind of doll, but a doll! :D

Writing4Fun
August 6th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Thanks, Glasslass! I think so too! :D

Here's a better pic of that wavy fur on her back. I'm sorry to say that I'm a vey neglectful mommy - I have oodles of pics of the kids and dog, but none of the poor ol' cat! I'll have to get a pic of the cat & dog together - if they hold still long enough, that is! :p

glasslass
August 6th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a real action shot of the two of them! :rolleyes: LOL!

Stewart
August 6th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Stewart, I think she'll grow up to look a lot like your pup. What do you think?

Writing4Fun (vicky) sorry Itook a while to reply to you :o Very cute she is to :) Yes very similar to my pooch !

wAggie
August 8th, 2004, 10:42 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

what's her temperament like??

(btw, it doesn't cover pointers ;) )

dmc123
August 9th, 2004, 05:54 PM
She is very cute....not sure of breed enough to guess, but a neighbor has a 1 yr old dog that looks at lot like her, and he is Chow and German Shepherd.

heidiho
August 9th, 2004, 05:55 PM
How cute do you have other pics??

Luba
August 9th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Very lovely pictures so sweet and innocent..yeah right you think hahaha

Tx, lovely pics :D

meggie1425
August 9th, 2004, 07:26 PM
She defenitly looks alot like a Shepherd! Very cute :)

Writing4Fun
August 9th, 2004, 08:23 PM
what's her temperament like??

You asked for it... :D

She has the most amazing temperment! :D We really lucked out. She's all rough and tumble with other dogs - loves to play with her big cousin, Mojo! When it comes to her "people", though, she couldn't get any gentler. She just loves to give the baby tongue baths. She'll puppy play with my 5-year-old boy, but as soon as he says "enough", she's on her back for belly rubs.

And she's sooooooo smart (she's got the "bell" thing down-pat, and she's pretty consistent with the basic training stuff), which is great for me. It's been 13 years since I've had to train a puppy. Since I can barely remember what I had for breakfast today, I sure as heck can't remember all the rules of puppyhood! :o

She's about as perfect as a puppy can get. Sure, she does some puppy stuff (she ate poo for a while, and will occasionally chew on a piece of lawn furniture or one of the kids' toys if they're left lying around long enough). But, hey, it's all part of the puppy package, right?

Ok, ok - enough bragging. I'm just so darned proud. She really should be a poster child for adoptions! :cool: Thanks for the comments. I guess we all love to hear how beautiful our babies are! :)

Luba
August 9th, 2004, 11:30 PM
There are many different kinds of huskies, not just the ones you know as the grey and white/black ones :D There are tonnes of Huskies with this type of marking. BUT we'll have to see more pictures (hint hint) and just enjoy your doggie for all your poopies is!!!

Phoebe so cute :D

wAggie
August 10th, 2004, 05:27 PM
ok, ok... now ur making us all jealous, writing4fun........... ;)

CONGRatS on the beautiful selection . :D