Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Poor Thing

onster
March 9th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Last Wed when i went to feed Diezel I noticed he was licking the ground a lot. Seemed thirsty maybe so I broke the ice on this puddle for him to drink but he wasnt interested. I knew he had water in the barn somewhere ( with a water pump and heater) so I didnt think much of it. The next day I filled a jar with water and brought it with me just in case. This time Diezel was eating snow alot and digging in the snow then licking so I took the water out of my car and poured in the bowl - he drank it all up!

I told my friend's hubby that and asked him to check the water (I would check myself but Im not sure where this water is). He went on Friday and sure enough the water pump was broken! Im glad I noticed something was up. Poor puppers.

In other news, I went to feed him today. i kept calling his name and calling and calling. No where in site. I was almost at the barn when he came running from atop the hill with his buddy. Omg it was too funny, he was running full speed, tongue hanging out tail wagging, barking and I just knew what was coming. It was like in slow motion "Noooo Dieeezeeeeeel Nooooo" as I got body checked to the floor :laughing::laughing::crazy: I guess he missed me :rolleyes:

He didnt want to sit today and I thought he had unlearned :crazy: when I realized that he would sit on the gravel..just not on the mud :rolleyes: It depended where I would ask him to sit lol. I didnt try down today because its so muddy everywhere who could blame the dude for not wanting to get his coat dirty.

I did teach the other dog to shake tho :D Its so cute. In the end though I had to yell at it to go home :sad: Its the only way so Diezel can eat his food. As soon as you yell he starts running. I felt really bad, but what can you do :shrug:

Jim Hall
March 9th, 2009, 08:28 PM
lol you want me to sit where lady? might be an adea to give him water when u feed him anyway

onster
March 9th, 2009, 08:31 PM
you want me to sit where lady?

lol i know eh :p hahahaha I swear it was like he was saying that!! hahaha

Yeah I never thought of bringing him water before because his food is gravy food and I guess I'm more used to cats that dont drink much. From now on ill bring him water just in case though

Gail P
March 10th, 2009, 11:08 AM
I'm glad you noticed and made sure he got water. I was concerned about that before, about how his water was being dealt with while the owners are away and when the food was being thrown over the fence. Can your friend's hubby tell you where in the barn the water source is so you can check on it and not have to bring water with you? Automatic bowls and heaters are great but not 100% foolproof. My stock tank de-icer keeps the water from freezing all winter, but they're supposed to be plugged into a GFI outlet, which will "pop" and need to be reset after a power surge (like a bad thunderstorm). Also in very cold weather water lines leading an automatic system can become frozen. Probably not as much of an issue now as it's beginning to warm up. Dogs do drink a lot more than cats, especially if they're very active. Mine have fresh water available all the time plus I add warm water to their food twice daily when I'm working them, otherwise when they're in harness running they will sometimes dip snow along with way to quench their thirst. I'm glad you're looking out for Diezel and taking such good care of him, no wonder he came running and flattened you :D You're the fun treat lady :thumbs up

onster
March 10th, 2009, 11:20 AM
My friend's hubby is feeding Diezel today and installing a replacement pump - apparently it has a lifetime warranty and is totally dead.

His food was being thrown over the fence on the weekends when my friends husband took over 24/hour watch at the hospital and my friend would come into town for a bit. Thats not happening anymore though since I feed him when her husband doesnt :thumbs up Actually right now the arrangement is I feed him every weekday (except when the husband needs to go to the farm anyway) and he takes care of him on the weekends. I enjoy it and it helps the family stay together more during this difficult time. Plus when the husband goes he can only spend like 1/2 hour there because his mind is with his daughter/wife. I spend 2 hours or so or until Diezel gets bored with me lol.

I'll ask about the barn but technically they still dont want me going in the property much past the electric zone (so I could get out quick if something happens). I do go in further than im supposed to when im playing with him/ or picking up balls he didnt bring back etc but I dont know about actually telling them I want to go into the barn and check. I 100% feel safe with Diezel but I think his owners still see it as a liability and I dont want to be told to stop visiting him :o

its kinda complicated. It took my friend a lot of pleading to get her husband to let me feed him (she really freaks out when shes by herself with her daughter when shes not doing well). technically he never gave me the ok to go past the electic zone.

hazelrunpack
March 10th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Well, I'm glad you figured out the water thing, anyway. Even though Dad is there on the weekends, he might not have checked it otherwise. :thumbs up

Sounds like Diezel is getting pretty attached to his onster-buddy :D :cloud9:

So when you were on the ground did you manage to land on gravel or did you hit a mud puddle? :eek: :o

onster
March 10th, 2009, 07:08 PM
lol lets just say I regretted not having a towel to put down on my seat on the drive home :p:laughing:

angeldogs
March 10th, 2009, 09:23 PM
You are a good friend Onster to these people and diezel.
I quess you need to add no diezel noooooooooo to your signature under the no bunduk noooooooooooo.:D

hazelrunpack
March 10th, 2009, 10:18 PM
lol lets just say I regretted not having a towel to put down on my seat on the drive home :p:laughing:
:laughing: I was hoping you weren't going to have to say that! :p

onster
March 10th, 2009, 11:53 PM
You are a good friend Onster to these people and diezel.
I quess you need to add no diezel noooooooooo to your signature under the no bunduk noooooooooooo.:D

Thanks angeldogs. It's really the least I can do and I enjoy it..so why not?

LOL yes I prob wll have to add that to my signature :crazy:

:laughing: I was hoping you weren't going to have to say that! :p

hahaha yeah it looks like itll be the same deal tomorrow :sad: Its raining now and the weather network issued a wind and rain warning up to 45cm of rain or something :frustrated: Bah. I really was looking forward to hanging out with diezel tomorrow but its hard when the weather is so cruddy. I couldnt even sit down for some quality petting time because there was no where semi-dry to sit :sad: That's it - Im bringing that garbage bag tomorrow Hazel lol.

Ill try and remember to bring my cam tomorrow and snap a few pics :thumbs up Ohohoh and I got him a squeeky tennis ball....i wonder how he will react, lol.

otter
March 10th, 2009, 11:59 PM
I got him a squeeky tennis ball....i wonder how he will react, lol.

No wondering here... he's gonna be on :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

He's one lucky fellow to have met you. You are his doggy :angel:

onster
March 11th, 2009, 12:04 AM
lol we'll see what he thinks of it otter...ill take vid :D

I threw a treebranch aside on Monday (like literally a tree branch) and he decided to fetch it (he's caught onto this treat thing quite well). I wished I had my camera on me!! lol. Thing was as big as him.

hazelrunpack
March 11th, 2009, 01:03 AM
We had a black lab that seemed to have an affinity for tree limbs, too. :rolleyes: Funniest was when he tried to walk into the house from outside and the branch would be so long that he couldn't get it through the door! :laughing:

I'll bet Diezel is gonna love his squeaky tennis ball. :cloud9:

angeldogs
March 11th, 2009, 06:28 AM
I think he will like the squeeky ball a lot.
Oh and don't forget you towel whe you go back out to see the muddy pup.:D

hazelrunpack
March 11th, 2009, 09:35 AM
And the garbage bag! :laughing:

onster
March 11th, 2009, 04:25 PM
lol u guys are too funny.

Omg it was sooooooooooooooo cold &windy today I could only stay like 20 mins or so.

Diezel loved squeeky ball indeed! He broke it really quick too :sad::rip:

concentrating on that squeek squeek squeek
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/OnnieBunduk/DSC04510.jpg

onster
March 11th, 2009, 04:30 PM
woah that was huge. First time ive linked from photobucket...

and here are a few vids. He kept running away from me cuz he knows I dont leave the balls (take them back with me).

squeek!

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/OnnieBunduk/th_MOV04511.jpg (http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/OnnieBunduk/?action=view&current=MOV04511.flv)

He kept running away! Sorry for the crappy filming.
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/OnnieBunduk/th_MOV04507.jpg (http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/OnnieBunduk/?action=view&current=MOV04507.flv)

After he broke squeeker
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/OnnieBunduk/th_MOV04516.jpg (http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/OnnieBunduk/?action=view&current=MOV04516.flv)

chico2
March 11th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Onster,I am soooo glad he has you,even if you do end up with a muddy butt:laughing:
He's probably very happy to see you:lovestruck:
The wind was so bad today,it almost lifted little Bailey off the ground:laughing:

onster
March 11th, 2009, 04:38 PM
lol awwww poor bailey. Yes he is very happy to see me but today its as if he knew i wasnt going to stay long. he had a bite of food then came to stand next to me for pets then back to food then back to me (usually he just eats in one go). He whined a lot when I had to go but I was wet from him jumping on me and was way too cold, didnt want to get sick.

you can hear the wind in the vids :eek:

14+kitties
March 11th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Diezel is one happy boy when you are around! :thumbs up:cloud9:

chico2
March 11th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Just saw the videos,he is a beautiful boy,looks very healthy,although a little dirty:dog:

onster
March 11th, 2009, 06:31 PM
thanks guys he really is a beautiful pup. Hope weathers good tomorrow so I can spend more time w him.

Chico he is all muddy but I dont mind

angeldogs
March 11th, 2009, 07:54 PM
He looks super happy with your company.he is one fine looking dog.a bath and a good bushing for his next Onster photo shoot and he will look even better.

onster
March 11th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Thanks guys for all of your encouragement - it really helped me feel more comfortable around him.

I have great news! the Daughter is out of hospital but still rather sick. She is on the mend though. I went to visit her today at home and spend some time with my friend.

Btw angeldogs I asked her if Diezel gets baths but she said not really, that his owner sometimes does try and give him baths but he wont be getting any when she's not here. I suppose he would just get dirty again?

I thought of brushing him...do dogs actually enjoy brushing? Also, I noticed sometimes he's got these burr like things caught in his coat. I try to take them out but sometimes they just crumble or stick to my gloves/cant really get them out.

onster
March 11th, 2009, 09:26 PM
oh and a super weird question.

i dunno if u can tell in the video but on the ground there are all these brown spheres which, when i accidently step on, are hard outside mushy inside :yuck: Im assuming its poo of course!

but ummm y are they round?! look like brown mini tennis balls :yuck: what happened to tootsie rolls we see with kitties :crazy:

hahaha i told u it was a weird Q!!

hazelrunpack
March 11th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I can't see the vids and my modem and photobucket aren't on speaking terms :rolleyes:, but dog poop isn't usually perfectly round. :o Believe me, I've seen a lot of it and it's usually sausage shaped, or mounded if it's soft (like a big gross Hershey's kiss :yuck:)...and I've yet to see one that looks like a tennis ball. :shrug: Do your boots stink after you step on one? :o :laughing: Seriously...

Maybe they're just weird mud formations? Yeah, that's way better than steppin' in poop, so that's hazel's story...just weird mud formations...that's our story and we're stickin' to it! :p

onster
March 11th, 2009, 09:40 PM
LOl hazel u are too funny.

umm ok when I go tomorrow Ill take a pic of said supposed poop and post it the way I usually do. I looked around and I cant see any tree it can be from or anything :shrug: Its so weird. I mean some arent perfectly round but still theyre brown spheres.

My boots.....live in the garage now. Mom doesnt let them in the house! lol. I cant tell if they stink really but I havent put them up to my nose :o

hazelrunpack
March 11th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Ask your mom if they stink! :p

Okay...maybe not... :o

Does the inside of the car stink? If you've got poopy boots, it would make the car stink, too. :D

hazelrunpack
March 11th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Ooooooo! "concentrating on that squeak squeak squeak" just popped in! He's really focussed on that ball, isn't he! :cloud9: What is it that they find so fascinating about squeaks! :D

onster
March 11th, 2009, 09:47 PM
no my car doesnt stink. hmmmm so if its not poop what is it??49300
Theres also a bunch of mystery bones all over the yard...but they dont give him bones. I specifically asked too. HMM indeedy!

onster
March 11th, 2009, 09:48 PM
lol i dunno but I unfortunately cant keep feeding his fascination of squeaky things!!

He unsqueeked the two balls I got him today :sad:

hazelrunpack
March 11th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Yeah, squeaky things don't last long around here, either. :rip: Squeaky Toys. Even the Cuzes. Although the first things to go on a Cuz are the feet :rolleyes: Amazing how stretchy those darn things are! :laughing:

onster
March 11th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Do cuz's squeek when they bite down on them? Do they last any bit longer than tennis balls?

hazelrunpack
March 11th, 2009, 09:57 PM
no my car doesnt stink. hmmmm so if its not poop what is it??49300
Theres also a bunch of mystery bones all over the yard...but they dont give him bones. I specifically asked too. HMM indeedy!

I wonder if the bones are being brought by his buddy...in exchange for dinner, Buddy brings dessert. :dog:

Actually, around here, squirrels, crows and ravens move a lot of bones. We always have a piece of deer jawbone or ribs showing up in the yard. :shrug:

So you think the Mothership is poopin' in Diezel's yard? :eek: :laughing:

hazelrunpack
March 11th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Do cuz's squeek when they bite down on them? Do they last any bit longer than tennis balls?
Yep, they have a squeaky orifice on them. :D They do last longer than the balls, but you still have to be careful, cuz if he pulls a piece off and swallows it, it could cause him a load of trouble. I took a page out of Frenchy's book and started cutting the feet off the Cuzes, but the dogs still managed to chew pieces off them! :rolleyes: Where there's a will, there's a way, I guess. :o It does, however, take a bit of time and concerted effort for them to get a piece off.

onster
March 11th, 2009, 10:00 PM
lol hey u never know hazel :p

haha could be explain why he always runs off barking at the sky when sometimes i cant even see birds :eek:

hmmm i never thought of that! maybe his bud does bring him bones. Theyre perfectly sawed bones tho. Like parts of femurs or something. The marrow completely out and extremely clean and white.

onster
March 11th, 2009, 10:02 PM
lol my mom is officially gnna think I lost my head when I start sawing feet off of cuz's!!! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

so do ure dogs like the offerings from the squirrels/birds? :D:p

hazelrunpack
March 11th, 2009, 10:07 PM
lol my mom is officially gnna think I lost my head when I start sawing feet off of cuz's!!! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Tell her you boning up on your anatomical dissection skills :p

so do ure dogs like the offerings from the squirrels/birds? :D:p
Unfortunately, yes. :eek: So far we've not had any medical problems...so if I'm missing some and the dogs are them, the bones have passed through okay. I think Ridge eats one occasionally--she sometimes has white, sorta crumbly parts to her poops. :o Makes me a little nervous because the size of some of the bones looks like they could create a blockage...but they're pretty porous and old by the time they get to the yard, so maybe they just crumble and are easily digested. :shrug:

Now I have to go do my anti-jinx dance, cuz you know I'm just beggin' for someone to have a problem with a bone! :rolleyes: :laughing:

onster
March 11th, 2009, 10:11 PM
i woulda thought brier would be the one nomming on it. Isnt he bunduks soulmate? or...was it cole?? :o

Im antijinx dancing for you too!!

Ok so mission tomorrow:
*photograph alien poop up close
*photograph bones up close
* possibly purchase cuz and de-feet it
* try to remove burrs from Diezel's coat

easy peazy japanesy :D

hazelrunpack
March 11th, 2009, 10:21 PM
:laughing:

Do you have a doggie brush?

Actually, the boys are Cuz murderers but seem to leave the bones alone for the most part (:fingerscr, knock on wood, throw salt over hazel's shoulder, kiss a frozen turd...uh....toad :o, etc, etc) And I think Brier is Bunduk's soulmate...but instead of wires and plastic, Brier is currently into paper. He ate a bunch of recipes this afternoon. Yep...right out of my little book.... :frustrated:

onster
March 11th, 2009, 10:46 PM
no not exactly. But i had a brush i used to use on my cat that used to be my brush. Those cylindrical styling brushes....my cats really like them but now they have another one.

I wonder what Diezel will think :D

hazelrunpack
March 11th, 2009, 10:55 PM
He'll love it! :D Just don't let him grab it and run off with it! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
March 12th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Aww so happy with a squeaky ball :D

angeldogs
March 12th, 2009, 06:13 AM
If your going to get a cuz you can get them without feet.Some dogs like to be brushed.he might be happier without being stapped by burrs.Kong makes a good solid bouncing ball.Unless he just lays down an chews it it should last.

onster
March 12th, 2009, 08:57 AM
he doesnt seem to care too much about the bounce. Its more about the squeek squeeek squeeeeek LOL

too funny i vowed to cut down on kitty spending only to up the dog spending. lol ah well. dunno if ill get a cuz today today tho..mainly because i 4got wash my jeans and coat from yesterdays visit with diezel and I really cannot go into a store looking like that :crazy::crazy:

hahaha at least i dont have to worry bout getting dirty im pre-mudded :D

thanks for the heads up on the feetless cuz's. I think it should last since he doesnt really chew on things while im there plus id take it back with me.

I just found out his owner is coming back in June :eek:

onster
March 12th, 2009, 12:32 PM
*He tried to eat the brush
*there were no burs in him
*he had fun with the ball even tho it had no squeeker

here are the mystery bone pics (diezel really wanted to be in a pic!)

onster
March 12th, 2009, 12:34 PM
There were more bones the other day but I couldnt find soem of them today.

Now here is the alien poop!

In front of the barn

be afraiiiid be veryyy afraaaaid. Someone tells me this isnt all poop :o I found the motherload in front of the house.

onster
March 12th, 2009, 12:36 PM
i started roll over today, I think he is gonna get this one reallll quick :thumbs up

Chris21711
March 12th, 2009, 12:50 PM
The bones look like the ones I buy for the dogs Onster, probably his buddy brings them and takes some back.

The poop, sure does not look like any dog poop that I have seen, quite perfectly formed I might add :D.....have to wait for an expert to come along.

You sure sound like you are enjoying him.

Happy to hear that your friends little girl is out of hospital, hope all goes well with her :pray:

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Actually, the poop looks more like a fungus--like a brown puffball. :shrug: Does it roll or is it attached to the ground?

And I think Chris is right about the bones--that first one doesn't look 'natural'....which, going back to the Mothership theory, doesn't actually rule out the hypothesis that one of the aliens that left the poop, died in the act and left a skeleton somewhere. :laughing:

chico2
March 12th, 2009, 04:12 PM
OMG Onster,if that is poop,that's an awful lot,I think it's some kind of fungus too.
The bones look too white not to have been store-bought.IMO

angeldogs
March 12th, 2009, 09:49 PM
The mystery poop looks more like apples or something along that lines that has rotted out real bad over the winter under the snow.

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2009, 09:53 PM
You're right, angeldogs! They do look like rotten apples... Although I don't think I'd wanna check it by a quick taste... :eeew: :laughing:

So onster...any apple trees in front of the house? :o

angeldogs
March 12th, 2009, 09:59 PM
You're right, angeldogs! They do look like rotten apples... Although I don't think I'd wanna check it by a quick taste... :eeew: :laughing:

So onster...any apple trees in front of the house? :o

Come on Hazel where is your scence of adventure.i will taste them if you taste them FIRST.:laughing:

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Come on Hazel where is your scence of adventure.i will taste them if you taste them FIRST.:laughing:
I'll pass, thanks. :o

:laughing: :p

angeldogs
March 12th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I'll pass, thanks. :o

:laughing: :p

Well we will leave it up to Onster then.

onster
March 12th, 2009, 10:33 PM
ewwwwwww lol :p

i dunno whats worse poop or rotten apples :yuck:

ummm there is one tree that i suppose could be an apple tree. Not sure what an apple tree looks like. Ill take a pic of it on Monday (friend's husband is feeding tomorrow and weekend).

onster
March 12th, 2009, 10:35 PM
that would have to be a lot of apples from one tree though right??

hmmm indeeedy.

maybe i should purposely squish a mystery brown thing to see whats inside :cool:

oh and hazel theyre not attached to the ground.

chris, whats usually in the 'bones'?

angeldogs
March 12th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Could be a crab apple tree but they look a little big for those

onster
March 12th, 2009, 10:43 PM
ill take a pic of the tree where the 'motherload' is. I suppose I could just ask my friend's husband next time I see him. I asked my friend and she told me it would probably be poo, that they really need to scoop it once things get settled.

Maybe i should send them a pic...this is what im doing when im supposed to feeding diezel ...taking mystery alien poop pictures :D:crazy::laughing:

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Apple trees can really drop a lot of apples in a good year. :D

Oh, and if you decide to squish one to see what's inside? Make sure you bring laytex gloves! :o Just in case :laughing:

onster
March 12th, 2009, 10:51 PM
u mean to poke around in the apple??? hazel, u craaaaaazy??????LOL

i aint touching that thing!!

a stick or maybe my shoe will do the squishing :p

angeldogs
March 12th, 2009, 10:53 PM
If that isn't rotten apples and is poop then Diezel has some talent to make it look like rotten apples.

what do you mean you ain't touching anything.some people just don't have any sence of adventure.Just close your eyes just before hand contact and you should do just fine.

onster
March 12th, 2009, 10:56 PM
lol ure prob right angeldogs i mean i couldnt think of anything else so i thought maybe poop plus i know nobody has been pooper scooping/ have seen no evidence of actual poop.

i considered rotten fruit but then i didnt see any fruit trees except maybe the one. If one tree can have that much crop tho its entirely possible!

angeldogs
March 12th, 2009, 10:59 PM
lol ure prob right angeldogs i mean i couldnt think of anything else so i thought maybe poop plus i know nobody has been pooper scooping/ have seen no evidence of actual poop.

i considered rotten fruit but then i didnt see any fruit trees except maybe the one. If one tree can have that much crop tho its entirely possible!

The house on the corner from me has a crab apple tree and it can leave quite the mess in his back yard from the apples falling.

onster
March 12th, 2009, 11:01 PM
lol I could pack one up and mail it to you angeldogs if ure so keen on adventure :p:p

hahaha

hmmm fine..i might bring a baggie to put my hand in in case im so enclined to poke around inside. Tho from what i could tell from ones i accidently stepped in its just like...hmmm whats best way to describe this

well..sort of like those chocolate cakes that are still molten inside but fully cooked on the outside. Its a darker brown inside and still 'soft.

who doesnt wanna eat molten choc cake ever again??? :crazy:

angeldogs
March 12th, 2009, 11:02 PM
What makes me think apple is not only the shape some have is in the first pic the one to the right looks like the bottom of an apple.

angeldogs
March 12th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Why mail it waste of a stamp.i would get it quicker if you hand delivered it.

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Yeah, onster--glove up, poke your thumb through one, then smell the glove. :p If it's an apple, it'll smell like rotten apples. If it's an old poop...well...we'll discuss that when the time comes! :laughing:

onster
March 12th, 2009, 11:06 PM
lol true true...do i get to borrow a certain weim for my delivery efforts ? :D

onster
March 12th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Yeah, onster--glove up, poke your thumb through one, then smell the glove. :p If it's an apple, it'll smell like rotten apples. If it's an old poop...well...we'll discuss that when the time comes! :laughing:

ok now u reaaaaaaaaaaaly lost ure rocker! U want me to smell it too??? smelling is half the tasting!

*plus* i have allergic rhinitis, uh-huh i cant smeel a thiiiing. Actually have a doctors appointment soon cuz im sick of not breathing thru my nose :sad: woe is me and such. Hence, angeldogs will have to do the honours :D

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2009, 11:17 PM
This would be the perfect thing to clear your sinuses, onster! No doctor's visit needed! :thumbs up

:p

Dracko
March 12th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Onster, his owner is away until June???? Are you the only human this dog sees? That is sad for Disel if that's the case. How lonely.

angeldogs
March 12th, 2009, 11:26 PM
:laughing::laughing:

lol true true...do i get to borrow a certain weim for my delivery efforts ? :D

Well you can certainly try to leave with him,but do make sure you have your feet planted firm(make sure boots/shoes are clean of any alien poop first) as he will most likely drag you back towards the house.Daddy's boy what can i say.

onster
March 12th, 2009, 11:31 PM
lol believe u me angeldogs trying to not get knocked down by diezel has built up my muscles :cool: plus i have like 3 different types of treats in the trunk of my car, how could he resist? :D

hazel LOl thats all i can say :p

dracko its just me/my friend's husband for now. it is indeed kinda sad. from what ive come to understand his mom spends half the year here then the other half somewhere warm. i cant imagine leaving my pet for that long tho. He does enjoy my visits i can tell but he also gets bored of me by the end of it and off to do his thing. Also gets a regular doggy visitor. I suppose he's found quite a few things to entertain himself with so its not so bad. :shrug:

angeldogs
March 12th, 2009, 11:33 PM
ok now u reaaaaaaaaaaaly lost ure rocker! U want me to smell it too??? smelling is half the tasting!

*plus* i have allergic rhinitis, uh-huh i cant smeel a thiiiing. Actually have a doctors appointment soon cuz im sick of not breathing thru my nose :sad: woe is me and such. Hence, angeldogs will have to do the honours :D
I aint much better,taking a nasal spray myself.and my taste buds are gone.so you are just going to have to suck it up butter cup and give it a taste and let us know the outcome.

Ok so you might have a good chance with the treats as Jag is a food hound.so keep treats food out of reach.he will ripe open the bag to get to them and he won't stop till his belly is as wide as his ribs.

growler~GateKeeper
March 12th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Your alien poop kinda looks like rotten plums but they would have a large pit inside

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Your alien poop kinda looks like rotten plums but they would have a large pit inside
Well...there ya go, onster. You're gonna have to use the glove and thumb technique! :thumbs up Yer lookin' fer the pits. :cool:

angeldogs
March 12th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Well...there ya go, onster. You're gonna have to use the glove and thumb technique! :thumbs up Yer lookin' fer the pits. :cool:

The female version of Tom Thumb.just not with a pie.the story you could come up with that hazel.the glove and the thumb.

hazelrunpack
March 13th, 2009, 12:23 AM
The female version of Tom Thumb.just not with a pie.the story you could come up with that hazel.the glove and the thumb.
Actually, I prefer not to think about the details at this juncture... :p Not till we find out for sure that they're apples! :laughing:

angeldogs
March 13th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Actually, I prefer not to think about the details at this juncture... :p Not till we find out for sure that they're apples! :laughing:

chico2
March 13th, 2009, 07:29 AM
angeldogs,you are a genius:laughing:
They look just like apples,in Fates(neighbors Husky) backyard there are lots of them too,don't know why I did not think of it:loser:

Onster,I must have missed it before,but are you seriously saying he'll be practically alone until June:evil:that's crazy..why does the owner even have a dog:cry:
A security-system would be more humane..
Spring is coming(I hope)with lots of rainy days,thunderstorms etc...that electric collar can be very dangerous and nobody would be there:sad:

Chris21711
March 13th, 2009, 08:58 AM
And I think Chris is right about the bones--that first one doesn't look 'natural'....which, going back to the Mothership theory, doesn't actually rule out the hypothesis that one of the aliens that left the poop, died in the act and left a skeleton somewhere. :laughing:

Your imagination is amazing Hazel that old bat that you hang with, is playing with your head :rolleyes: The first bone, looks exactly like the ones I buy after the dogs have finished with them and they are old, I have oodles in the yard will take a pic this weekend now they are all uncovered from the snow.

OMG Onster,if that is poop,that's an awful lot,I think it's some kind of fungus too.
The bones look too white not to have been store-bought.IMO

Read above Chico :)

chris, whats usually in the 'bones'?

Marrow on the inside and meat on the outside, they look like that when they are done with.

Definately Apples, now that you say it, too big for crab apples imo. They squish pretty good when you tread on them Onster :yuck:

onster
March 13th, 2009, 10:29 AM
oh ok so they are real bones?? i thought they looked kinda fake too. So you get them from the butcher? maybe diezel would enjoy one thats not eaten already :)

I had seen bones that kinda look like them in zehrs/superstore filled with peanut butter.

chico, i know i know. I feel the same way you do but what can u do.

onster
March 13th, 2009, 10:29 AM
hazel and angeldogs ill come back to on monday after my investigation :p

Chris21711
March 13th, 2009, 10:41 AM
oh ok so they are real bones?? i thought they looked kinda fake too. So you get them from the butcher? maybe diezel would enjoy one thats not eaten already :)

I'm pretty sure he would Onster, especially if those ones are the ones his buddy is bringing after he is done with them.

I had seen bones that kinda look like them in zehrs/superstore filled with peanut butter.

I haven't seen those ones, I would think the unprepared ones with the marrow still in them would be a better option :shrug: I sometimes get mine in Zehrs, they have them in bags in the big freezer bins, look for ones with the most meat on the outside.

onster
March 13th, 2009, 10:46 AM
ohhh so you get it from the butcher part ..duuuuuh LOL

i kept looking in the pet section :loser:

so u just get one and thaw it out? Is it in the meat section sold as bones (like for using to make stock or something) or is it sold as actual meat youre supposed to cook?

Id like to get him one :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
March 13th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Make sure it's a big enough one that he can't just swallow it whole. Not that it looks like he's been trying to swallow the ones that are there, but you can never be too careful. or at least we can't... :o Around here, Murphy's law is in full force! :o And our vet bills attest to that :rolleyes:

Chris21711
March 13th, 2009, 11:01 AM
ohhh so you get it from the butcher part ..duuuuuh LOL

Yaaaa, the meat section

i kept looking in the pet section :loser:

Me personally, I stay away from the pet section in Supermarkets :yuck:

so u just get one and thaw it out? Is it in the meat section sold as bones (like for using to make stock or something) or is it sold as actual meat youre supposed to cook?

No cooking at all, if I don't have any thawed, I give them frozen no problem, the guys don't seem to mind either way, actually in summer they appreciate the frozen ones, so I told by them :rolleyes: Lots of folks use them when cooking stock, tho I think most folks buy them for their dogs to gnaw on, great for keeping teeth clean. When I had Cocoa at the vets a couple of weeks ago, she checked her teeth and said they were looking good and she is 14 1/2 :thumbs up

Id like to get him one :thumbs up

He will love you even more for it :lovestruck:

Chris21711
March 13th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Make sure it's a big enough one that he can't just swallow it whole. Not that it looks like he's been trying to swallow the ones that are there, but you can never be too careful. or at least we can't... :o Around here, Murphy's law is in full force! :o And our vet bills attest to that :rolleyes:

Good point Hazel, once Skip had one lodged in his upper palette, I was wondering why he was trying to eat supper but couldn't, when I opened his mouth, there was the culprit, even though I never buy small ones it was totally concealed :frustrated:

angeldogs
March 13th, 2009, 11:22 AM
hazel and angeldogs ill come back to on monday after my investigation :p
That's fine,just make sure your investigation is in good detail.starting with taste,smell,texture etc.a good investigator would keep good detailed records.:D

onster
March 16th, 2009, 02:54 PM
aaaaand the winner is....

Growler!!

I squished one and poked around sure enough there was a big pitt. definately a plum/peach/soemthing in that family of fruit.

chris i looked around in the meat section at zehrs but couldnt see anything with a bone like that :sad: where else do you get them?

I found diezel's stash today. I walked around the farm with him and found his water pump. He likes splashing around in it too :rolleyes: Also found his houses. I was thinking the wrong barn...next to the house on the hill there's this shed/mini cottage where all diezel's things are. I peeked in and among all the hay there's a few houses and the motherload of kibble!! omg lol. How he is not the size of a cow??? i guess he knows self restraint.
So i guess no need to worry bout him being hungry :crazy:

He was good boy today but kinda distracted again. He's always like that afer feeding days with his daddy.

Chris21711
March 16th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Oh mighty Growler 49477

Good for Deisel having the intelligence not to gorge himself, some dogs are like that......Not the Bassets though, they would eat and eat until they rolled over :cool:

You got the heads up on the bones, eh Onster?

Sure would like to see that Fruit Tree laden, what a bounty.

hazelrunpack
March 16th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Yay, growler! :highfive: glad it wasn't poop, onster... :p

So Diezel likes to splash in his water, eh? You realize that means mud any time of the year, not just in spring or after a rain? :D Better invest in more garbage bag fashion! :laughing:

angeldogs
March 16th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Way to go growl on picking the right fruit.know we know it's not alien poop.

You can get those kind of bones at the petstores also.in zehrs you have to go into the pet section.and thats where you will find the marrow bones.

onster
March 16th, 2009, 09:33 PM
yeah chris, that is some crop from one tree! I hope I still get to visit when theyre in season to have some fruit :D

also thank u re: the bones. I was at zehrs and had another look around in all the bins and everything still couldnt see anything. Finally I saw a clerk stocking shelves near the meat counter so I asked her if they had any marrow bones on sale (thank u!! i would have no idea wht to call them if it wasnt for u!) and she said yeaaah...they were next to the steaks :o which I walked by liek a million times. Its just that we dont usually get our meat from zehrs (we go to a halal butcher in kitchener).

So now I have 3 marrow bones (came in a package) for Diezel. Can I give him one a day or is that too much? Should I freeze one and give him the others later/more spaced out?

Hazel the water pumps into this big bucket. He sticks his paw in and paddles the water like mad. Then he drinks, then he paddes again :crazy: Then he sticks both paws in the wat and just stands knee deep in it :shrug: what a weirdo lol

Angeldogs the only 'bones' i saw at zehrs petsection were the peanut butter filled ones. Are those real bones though? theyre really long I dunno how a dog would get all the peanutbutter out?

I think im gonna work on stay tomorrow...

hazelrunpack
March 16th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Macie does that with her water bowl, too! She actually digs in it, and since it's a shallow bowl, she'll end up nearly emptying it...and what water is left gets pretty muddy. :rolleyes: Never could figure out what she thought she was accomplishing. :D

onster
March 16th, 2009, 09:41 PM
lol yes it really is like digging! Even when I pour water in the bowl for him he sticks his paw in then he drinks.

aww what a cutie Macie is :lovestruck:

By any chance does that mean macie likes baths? :evil:

hazelrunpack
March 16th, 2009, 09:51 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

That would be Ms Macie's reaction to a bath! :laughing:

No, although the indomitable Ms Macie doesn't mind rain or snow, swimming and bathing are out the question. :D

growler~GateKeeper
March 16th, 2009, 10:43 PM
My sister used to live in a house with a plum tree in the backyard :D

Macie does that with her water bowl, too! She actually digs in it, and since it's a shallow bowl, she'll end up nearly emptying it...and what water is left gets pretty muddy. :rolleyes: Never could figure out what she thought she was accomplishing. :D

See at least one of your setters likes getting their paws wet :p
She's trying to prove you wrong :evil: there's always one who does :laughing:

lol yes it really is like digging! Even when I pour water in the bowl for him he sticks his paw in then he drinks.

Maybe he's making sure it's the right temperature :laugh: :pawprint:

Chris21711
March 17th, 2009, 09:21 AM
also thank u re: the bones. I was at zehrs and had another look around in all the bins and everything still couldnt see anything. Finally I saw a clerk stocking shelves near the meat counter so I asked her if they had any marrow bones on sale (thank u!! i would have no idea wht to call them if it wasnt for u!) and she said yeaaah...they were next to the steaks :o which I walked by liek a million times. Its just that we dont usually get our meat from zehrs (we go to a halal butcher in kitchener).

That makes sense, eat the steak then chew on a bone to clean your teeth :cool:

So now I have 3 marrow bones (came in a package) for Diezel. Can I give him one a day or is that too much? Should I freeze one and give him the others later/more spaced out?

I'm sure he would like a fresh one every day, but then he is gonna be expecting it every day, I would space it out, one every few days at most, stick the others in the freezer and when you decide to give him one take it out then. It's fine to give him one that is still frozen imo :)

I think im gonna work on stay tomorrow...

When you are finished you can come and spend a few rounds with the Bassets' :laughing:

My sister used to live in a house with a plum tree in the backyard :D

So thats how you are the Plum Connaisseur :D We used to have one in our old house, they were Damson Plums, back in my Betty Crocker days I used to make jam from then.....now I buy it :laughing:

Maybe he's making sure it's the right temperature :laugh: :pawprint:

onster
March 17th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Thank u chris!

*nom nom nom*

onster
March 17th, 2009, 02:27 PM
The beginings of a rollover.

I say beginings because I think I messed up and he thinks rollover is turn to his side..I have to convince him to actually go on his back :o whoops lol

http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/OnnieBunduk/?action=view&current=MOV04557.flv

chico2
March 17th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Aww Onster,he is so lucky to have you,he's a beautiful boy and seems easy to teach.:lovestruck:
He reminds me so much of Fate,my neighbors Husky.

onster
March 17th, 2009, 05:49 PM
thank u chico, he really is each to teach ( especially considering he's the first dog im teaching anything so i am a bad teacher ).

He really does look like fate doesnt he? both gogeous pups :lovestruck::cloud9:

another rollover http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/OnnieBunduk/?action=view&current=MOV04560.flv

saying goodbye
http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/OnnieBunduk/?action=view&current=MOV04571.flv

angeldogs
March 17th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I have seen marrow bones at zehrs before.i don't give them any more as they are hard and jag is such an aggressive chewer and has chipped teeth on them.

rainbow
March 17th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I just read this entire thread now :o and, thanks for the laughs ......especially about the "alien poop". :laughing:

Onster, you are so nice to be looking after Diezel like this. :angel: His life sure sounds like it is pretty crappy without you. :sad:

In the last video I noticed a couple of spots on the left hand side of his back. Are they just dirty marks or is he losing some fur? :confused:

onster
March 17th, 2009, 07:18 PM
thanks rainbow..its a pleasure to care for him.

oh and re: the spots - he is just one really dirty dog!! lol

Angeldogs..ouch! poor jag!

rainbow
March 17th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Well a "dirty dog" is a lot better than a "losing fur" dog. :D

hazelrunpack
March 17th, 2009, 08:47 PM
He does seem to be enjoying his bone in those pics :cloud9:

I wish I could see the rollover videos--watching a dog learn to rollover can be such a hoot! :laughing:

We had 5 plum trees in the backyard when we were growing up. We didn't make any jam out of the fruit, but we sure did enjoy sitting back there as kids, stuffing ourselves with them! :cloud9: 'Specially the slightly overripe, really dark purple ones! Yum!!! Supersweet and tasty!

onster
March 18th, 2009, 09:39 AM
hehehe i suppose ur right bout the dirty fur rainbow :p

hazel, yep he really did the enjoy the bone. I dont know how he will get the marrow out though? :shrug: Actually I first realized he actually knew some form of rollover when I got he boned out. He was so excited and eager. Even tho 5 mins before i was asking him to rollover and he wouldnt listen :rolleyes: somehow magically with the bone in hand I told him sit shake down rollover and he did all of them :crazy:

I think he is maniupulatig me :evil: lol

mmmm now i crave plums

Chris21711
March 18th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I have seen marrow bones at zehrs before.i don't give them any more as they are hard and jag is such an aggressive chewer and has chipped teeth on them.

I guess we have been lucky, Skippy is quite an agressive chewer and in all the years I have been buying bones for the dogs, we have never had a chipped tooth....Hopefully after saying this, we don't get any chipped teeth :pray:

I'm with Hazel Onster, wish I could have seen the videos :frustrated:

angeldogs
March 18th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I guess we have been lucky, Skippy is quite an agressive chewer and in all the years I have been buying bones for the dogs, we have never had a chipped tooth....Hopefully after saying this, we don't get any chipped teeth :pray:

I'm with Hazel Onster, wish I could have seen the videos :frustrated:

I hope not either.i was told i should have given smoked bones with some meat on it instead.
looks like i'm one of the unlucky ones then.he still is.he was going through a xl black king kong in about a month and a half and thats with us taking it away or it would have been less after the third kong i said no more.