Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Crate

onster
March 8th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I was just browsing Kijiji and came across this dog crate for sale - $50. I know some of our members are always on the lookout for crates so i thought I'd post it. I have no idea if $50 is a good price for something like this :shrug:

http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-pets-accessories-Deluxe-Large-2-Door-Dog-Crate-with-adjustable-divider-W0QQAdIdZ112099433

and here's another one

http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-pets-accessories-2-Large-Dog-Cages-for-sale-W0QQAdIdZ111933337

14+kitties
March 8th, 2009, 09:01 PM
$50 is a good price for the crates if they are the big ones and are in great shape. NO rust, no breaks, etc. Kijiji is where I got 4 of the 5 crates I have. Aslan was nice enough to get the other one for me. I wouldn't pay that much for a smaller one though.

onster
March 8th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Good to know 14+ :thumbs up ( who knows maybe ill need one someday). That was very sweet of Aslan.

Maybe the ones in 2nd link are bigger? supposed for GS, all steel. 2 for 90 or 1 for 50

14+kitties
March 8th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Neither one of those are the biggest ones. They are the second largest I think. Mine are all 42" by 36", varying heights. But then different companies make varying sizes and call them large. They aren't a bad size though. Good for emergencies with kitties.
The ideal ones, and I am hoping to get my hands on one one day, are the large, tall ones like kr and kashtin's kin have. They are really a nice size. Lets the kitties get up higher than they could in the small ones. Maybe one day I will find a store going out of selling pets and can get one cheap. :fingerscr

onster
March 8th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Ill keep an eye open for you for sure!

onster
March 8th, 2009, 09:18 PM
and thanks for the info :highfive:

14+kitties
March 8th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Ill keep an eye open for you for sure!

:thumbs up thanks!!

and thanks for the info :highfive:

u're welcome!!

angeldogs
March 8th, 2009, 10:11 PM
That first one is a good price with having 2 doors and a divider.

I have the XL 42x36 with only 1 door no divider and i paid $109 for it on sale and their wasn't much of a price difference for the Large and it didn't come with a divider either.

Bailey_
March 8th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Any suggestions for size of crate for female labradoodle? She's 4 months now, in a medium sized crate, but is rapidly outgrowing. Suggestions?

angeldogs
March 8th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Any suggestions for size of crate for female labradoodle? She's 4 months now, in a medium sized crate, but is rapidly outgrowing. Suggestions?

That depends on how much space you want your pup to have.i went the xl so he would have more run to stretch then he would if i just got the large.know i have 2 dogs in the same crate.

I think she should be around the same size as my boy so you might get away with the large.

Chris21711
March 9th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Neither one of those are the biggest ones. They are the second largest I think. Mine are all 42" by 36", varying heights. But then different companies make varying sizes and call them large. They aren't a bad size though. Good for emergencies with kitties.
The ideal ones, and I am hoping to get my hands on one one day, are the large, tall ones like kr and kashtin's kin have. They are really a nice size. Lets the kitties get up higher than they could in the small ones. Maybe one day I will find a store going out of selling pets and can get one cheap. :fingerscr

I'll check at the shelter for you 14k, at one time they were using quite a few, then there was a breakout of ringworm in the adoption centre :sad:, I don't think they use them anymore. What would be a good price to pay for one of those. I remember the girls used to tie hammocks kitty cornered, the kittens just used to love it :lovestruck:

Bailey_
March 9th, 2009, 01:53 PM
thanks angeldogs!

14+kitties
March 9th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I'll check at the shelter for you 14k, at one time they were using quite a few, then there was a breakout of ringworm in the adoption centre :sad:, I don't think they use them anymore. What would be a good price to pay for one of those. I remember the girls used to tie hammocks kitty cornered, the kittens just used to love it :lovestruck:

Awww Chris, you are an :angel:!! Thank you!! I would pay $75 - $100 if it was in great shape. I don't like rust on them as I think kitties that chew could get sick. But if it had rust I could get hubby to blast and paint for me. Would just have to use good paint. I wouldn't pay that much for a rusty one either. Cheap....... and broke. :o
If they have one they want to get rid of let me know and I will put money aside for it. :thankyou::thankyou: my friend!!!

Chris21711
March 9th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Awww Chris, you are an :angel:!! Thank you!! I would pay $75 - $100 if it was in great shape. I don't like rust on them as I think kitties that chew could get sick. But if it had rust I could get hubby to blast and paint for me. Would just have to use good paint. I wouldn't pay that much for a rusty one either. Cheap....... and broke. :o
If they have one they want to get rid of let me know and I will put money aside for it. :thankyou::thankyou: my friend!!!

I'll ask Ethel when she pops in tonight (notice I said pop-in :frustrated:) Last time I saw them, they were looking pretty good, they are not that old, I remember when they got them....keeping my fingers crossed.

14+kitties
March 9th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I'll ask Ethel when she pops in tonight (notice I said pop-in :frustrated:) Last time I saw them, they were looking pretty good, they are not that old, I remember when they got them....keeping my fingers crossed.

Ohoh!! Is Ethel still living with boyfriend? Darn, gotta hate it when they grow up!!!

Chris21711
March 9th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Ohoh!! Is Ethel still living with boyfriend? Darn, gotta hate it when they grow up!!!

Unofficially :yell:

14+kitties
March 9th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Unofficially :yell:

:grouphug: to you Mom. I know how hard that can be. Mine ended up marrying hers though so it wasn't too bad. It would just be nice if they told you before they did it.
Housework calls.....................

Chris21711
March 10th, 2009, 09:27 AM
:grouphug: to you Mom. I know how hard that can be. Mine ended up marrying hers though so it wasn't too bad. It would just be nice if they told you before they did it.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo :yell::yell:

Whew now I got that out of my system

:thumbs up They have one crate 14k and they don't want it.
So so bad news....They are not sure where the shelves are, they will look, but I wouldn't hold my breath, it won't be high on their priority list....given that you and DH are so handy, I'm thinking that is no big deal.
GOOD NEWS - It is FREE :D

onster
March 10th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Chris you are too awesome :D

Chris21711
March 10th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Chris you are too awesome :D

Nah....I was all chippy about it this morning then I saw the news about Lil' Momma and now I feel absolutely deflated :sad:

I will be picking it up tomorrow, that way I will have it here.

onster
March 10th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I know its very sad :sad: but u know a crate would help 14+ in bringing more kitties in safe and sound :goodvibes:

14+kitties
March 10th, 2009, 12:05 PM
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="4"]
:thumbs up They have one crate 14k and they don't want it.
So so bad news....They are not sure where the shelves are, they will look, but I wouldn't hold my breath, it won't be high on their priority list....given that you and DH are so handy, I'm thinking that is no big deal.
GOOD NEWS - It is FREE :D

:grouphug: Thank you so much Chris!! You are indeed an angel!! I really appreciate this. Shelves or not I am sure hubby can think of something to rig up. Thank you!! :cloud9:
Nah....I was all chippy about it this morning then I saw the news about Lil' Momma and now I feel absolutely deflated :sad:

I am deflated too. I have a day off today. I would not have been able to go in to work anyway. Can't stop crying. You better believe I have been giving all the other kitties extra hugs today. Especially hers that I have here.

I know its very sad :sad: but u know a crate would help 14+ in bringing more kitties in safe and sound :goodvibes:

It would. :thumbs up And I can't wait.

Chris21711
March 10th, 2009, 12:37 PM
:grouphug: Thank you so much Chris!! You are indeed an angel!! I really appreciate this. Shelves or not I am sure hubby can think of something to rig up. Thank you!! :cloud9:

The shelves are no biggie at all, I even thought a small cat tree type of thingy would work great and maybe a hammock going kitty corners, the kittens at the shelter would pile in them they loved it.

I am deflated too. I have a day off today. I would not have been able to go in to work anyway. Can't stop crying. You better believe I have been giving all the other kitties extra hugs today. Especially hers that I have here.
[/COLOR]

Special Hugs to you Gerri :grouphug::grouphug: and DH :grouphug: