Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Do you accept kisses from your pet?

Blackdog22
March 8th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Hi all, I'm curious to know how many of you allow your pets to give kisses.
I know many people are sickend by the idea, while others graciously accept and return kisses.

Where do you stand? :shrug:

Love4himies
March 8th, 2009, 06:46 PM
IMO, not accepting kisses from your pet is like not accepting kisses from your child.:D

Frenchy
March 8th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Of course I do ! I use doggie drool as face cream :laughing:

BusterBoo
March 8th, 2009, 07:05 PM
I would be very concerned about my doggie's health if there were no kisses.... :D

TacoGrl
March 8th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Sometimes I am even awake when I get them! (Messina likes to lick my face to wake me up when it's breakfast time)

hazelrunpack
March 8th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Yep, even from known poop-eaters. :p

growler~GateKeeper
March 8th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Love kisses :cloud9: from mine & others pets too :cloud9: including those doggies who had questionable objects in their mouths :laughing:

Dracko
March 8th, 2009, 09:10 PM
I checked "sometimes" but I guess I was reading the question differently than you guys.

I accept kisses from my cats and Dracko anytime they want but they rarely do it. Dracko is not one of those licky lick dogs. I usually have to put my face down to him and say kisses.

So I guess I was meaning that the kisses don't happen all that often but I'm up for it anytime they want to dish it out. :D

angeldogs
March 8th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Oh ya i accept kisses and more all the time.Jag starts with kisses then licks my whole head clean.

Bailey_
March 8th, 2009, 10:32 PM
All the time!! :-)

lUvMyLaB<3
March 8th, 2009, 10:39 PM
ABSOLUTLY!! Whenever they wanna give them I am here to receive them!! PLEASE! I am in need of many of those kisses today!

My hubby always says " u know she just licked her bum with that" whenever I am getting kisses, I say Yup I know ;) but then I see him getting kisses *secretly* shh don't tell him I know...

I even have a cat that loves to lick my eyes.. I love it when I have a cat that does that! what a treat! I feel special when she chooses to do that!

cell
March 8th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Although I would likely be more accepting of my own dogs I don't have any and don't have many that I encounter often so I don't accept kisses on the mouth from dogs, I don't want to get worms... but on the chin/hands it OK but I will wash soon after if its near the face, and not touch my eyes/nose/mouth if on the hands.

glasslass
March 9th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Especially when they're delivered with enthusiasm! The quiet ones are special too.:lovestruck:

Rottielover
March 9th, 2009, 05:24 AM
I say sometimes, the reason being harley has OCD when it comes to his tongue. Not a good thing, he does not know how to stop once he starts. Only training purposes with him do I accept. But Roxy accept when ever she wants to give, which is rarely, she is not a licky dog.

ancientgirl
March 9th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I'll take all the kitty kisses I can get.:lovestruck:

BenMax
March 9th, 2009, 09:40 AM
You bet I do - and not only from my pets. The real question is do they like me flooding them with kisses????:laughing:

lUvMyLaB<3
March 9th, 2009, 11:38 AM
haha good question BenMax! we need to have a poll for our pets.. Do you like getting kissed all the time from your 2 legged family?? I think I might be guilty of kissing them way more than they kiss me! Wonder what they think?

kwilli
March 9th, 2009, 05:30 PM
My Berner hears the alarm beep... And he chimes in with a well timed kiss as you reach over to snooze... See then you are super awake and breakfasttime is just that much closer! The pyr pup does mini kiss... And the pretty boy kitty loves kissing. The smart cat never kisses... Just a head butt followed by a sniff... But I love them all.

Luvmypitgirls
March 9th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I gratefully accept and lovingly return all doggy kisses :D

onster
March 9th, 2009, 08:55 PM
kitty kisses yes..but unfortunately Ive yet to happily accept doggy kisses. Im sorry guys its just the slobber factor....gives me the heebie jeebies!

joeysmama
March 9th, 2009, 09:08 PM
I'm big on smoochin' my baby dog !!! I'm always kissing him up. He gives a kiss or two now and then but once he gets going he'd just about lick your face right off, or an ear--he loves to kiss ears and chew on them just a teensy bit. So we give more than we take, but we take the kisses too!:lovestruck:

muggsmom
March 10th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Muggs gives the best kisses, and lots of them. Love it!

glasslass
March 13th, 2009, 03:12 PM
One picture worth 1000 words . . .

angeldogs
March 14th, 2009, 11:01 AM
kitty kisses yes..but unfortunately Ive yet to happily accept doggy kisses. Im sorry guys its just the slobber factor....gives me the heebie jeebies!
You keep going around diezel and you will be accepting slopper kisses soon enough.
Best kisses ever:thumbs up

ShannonMB
March 22nd, 2009, 03:41 PM
My dog Gypsy is a licky licky doggie, and I have to admit it grosses me out!!! I'll take a lick or 2 on the face or hand here or there, but when she gets going, forget it!! Now my DH LOVES Gypsy smooches, so don't feel bad for her. She gets going on a "session" and he calls it his doggie facial. Sometimes she licks my DD's feet, and DH says, "Eeww, don't let my Queen lick your dirty feet!"

Simon is just a "normal" licky dog. I'll take his kisses any time, because he knows when to stop! :p

BTW, I kiss them constantly! I can dish it out, but I can't take it! :laughing:

Mat&Murph
March 22nd, 2009, 04:58 PM
Are you kidding?? I love drooly kisses!!! I never need a bath!! :laughing: Just kidding!!! :D

onster
March 22nd, 2009, 05:14 PM
You keep going around diezel and you will be accepting slopper kisses soon enough.
Best kisses ever:thumbs up

hahahaha yeah they helped when it was really cold :p

so theyre not totally gross anymore ..or maybe iw as too cold to push him off. I just cant help but instinctively try to push him away when he wants to lick me. Im so mean :sad:

angeldogs
March 22nd, 2009, 08:26 PM
hahahaha yeah they helped when it was really cold :p

so theyre not totally gross anymore ..or maybe iw as too cold to push him off. I just cant help but instinctively try to push him away when he wants to lick me. Im so mean :sad:

Your not used to it with a dog yet.kitties yes but not dogs.it wil change.i love kisses from any pup.

kandy
March 25th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Nothing better than big, sloppy wet newfie kisses!!!!!!!! It also saves money on makeup remover. LOL I also happily accept kisses from the two littles too. :crazy:

Dee-O-Gee
March 25th, 2009, 09:33 PM
The best thing about accepting kisses from your pets is....giving kisses back :cloud9:

bosluv001
March 25th, 2009, 09:49 PM
:angel::lovestruck::p:o:dog::laughing::cloud9:i love getting kisses

cuko
March 26th, 2009, 05:05 AM
hehe i give my lot rasberry kisses too hehe and love it when they kiss me!

flipgirl4
March 26th, 2009, 10:57 PM
I unfortunately, have to beg for kisses. I get them when I come home, and when my dog wants to wake up but I'd like more. I haven't been getting much from my kitten so I'm a little upset about that. Boo hoo:cry: