Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello orange kitty!

14+kitties
March 8th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Sorry about the picture quality. I can't get close to him. He's too skittish. I came back in from feeding the catty cats today and went to get ready for work. Looked out the window and looky what I saw! Seems another kitty has decided to make the catuary his home... for now. I will have to set the trap to see if I can catch him. Don't know if he is a feral or if he was dumped.

krdahmer
March 8th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Didn't you say you always wanted an orange cat? Plop... there ya go! They see how those catuary cats are living it up and decide to join them! :lovestruck: Hope you can catch him and get him checked out! :goodvibes:

14+kitties
March 8th, 2009, 04:51 PM
:laughing: Ummm, yeah, that would be me. Just didn't expect him this way!! Plop, there ya' go! Too funny!!

Chris21711
March 8th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Thanks for re-directing me 14k, fingers crossed it is a boy seeing as it is that time of year again :sad: Good luck in collaring him.

14+kitties
March 8th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Me too Chris! The majority of orange kitties tend to be males. I am hoping that holds true.
I knew something was up when I went over to feed them this morning. All I could smell was strong urine. :yuck: So, I figure he isn't fixed. Or one of the other ferals over there is female. Now that it is getting warmer I can get the trap over there and set.

angeldogs
March 8th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Good luck in catching this one and i do hope it's a male.

ancientgirl
March 8th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Good luck catching him!

Chris21711
March 8th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Me too Chris! The majority of orange kitties tend to be males. I am hoping that holds true.

Kale is, so yup lets' hope it holds true.

I knew something was up when I went over to feed them this morning. All I could smell was strong urine. :yuck: So, I figure he isn't fixed. Or one of the other ferals over there is female. Now that it is getting warmer I can get the trap over there and set.

So how many newbies have you got :confused: If you set a trap, will the cats already in the catuary not go in?

14+kitties
March 8th, 2009, 06:12 PM
So how many newbies have you got :confused: If you set a trap, will the cats already in the catuary not go in?

I am so confusing, aren't I? :rolleyes:
Spare Cat is a feral. He has actually been there since last fall. I tried setting the trap for him but he never went in. It got too cold so I stopped trying. He seems quite at home there but is still really skittish.
There is another grey tabby that has been there probably since Jan some time. Maybe December. Can't quite remember. I think it is one we have had fixed. In fact we think Spare Cat is one we have caught before and had fixed too. She/he also seems quite content to stay although she has figured she can jump from the roof of the new house and out. To get back in (which she always does) she climbs the fence, jumps from the top onto the roof of the new house, and down.
Then there is the new orange one. First I saw him was this morning. I am assuming he came some time last night. :shrug: I would be happy if I caught any one of those three so I can make sure they are all fixed.

Last but not least.... No, the other kitties won't go in the trap because hubby still has not got the fence done. Therefore, they are still in their new house. In no danger of getting into the trap. Hubby says the fence will be worked on this week. They did actually manage to set some posts yesterday so....... :fingerscr I want to get my guys out of the house to enjoy some fresh air.

Chris21711
March 8th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I don't know if you are confusing Gerri, or that I just get so darned confused these days :rolleyes: Which is the one that was living under the old house? Anyone of the aforementioned :confused:

14+kitties
March 8th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I don't know if you are confusing Gerri, or that I just get so darned confused these days :rolleyes: Which is the one that was living under the old house? Anyone of the aforementioned :confused:

Spare Cat. The first one. The grey tabby goes under there too. Or under the new house or the dog house I have in there. Lots of sleeping spots.

Chris21711
March 8th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I can't wait to get a visual of all of this, now I am really confused :wall:

14+kitties
March 8th, 2009, 06:34 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: I don't know if visualizing will help much Chris. But it can't hurt!!
The new house is up off the ground. Hubby wanted better air flow for it to try to keep some of the damp out of the house. It sits probably a good 8 to 12 inches off the ground. We had to cut some of the branches off the trees so the house would fit in. They are under the new house too so there is lots of places they can cuddle into pine branches to stay warmer.
I think the part that is confusing is that people don't think it is as big of a spot as it is. :shrug:

Chris21711
March 8th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Nah, I'm meaning a real visual, like taking a lookey for myself, it's just too confusing for this old broad, well not as old as Chico :laughing:

14+kitties
March 8th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Soon I hope! Another few weeks and weather should be warm enough you can come for a visit. :fingerscr

Frenchy
March 8th, 2009, 06:55 PM
omg another newbie ? A Garfield :p good luck with him :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
March 8th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Aw...14+ is upgrading from black-and-white (and all the grays in between) to color!! :p

:fingerscr you can trap him and have him checked! And get some really good pics :thumbs up :D

growler~GateKeeper
March 8th, 2009, 08:30 PM
These kitties sure know a good place to be when they see it :thumbs up
:goodvibes: :fingerscr on the trapping for all 3 :fingerscr :goodvibes:

omg another newbie ? A Garfield :p good luck with him :fingerscr

:laughing: Now you've got a name for this one :highfive:

Aw...14+ is upgrading from black-and-white (and all the grays in between) to color!! :p

:laughing:

14+kitties
March 8th, 2009, 09:05 PM
omg another newbie ? A Garfield good luck with him

Great name! But he doesn't look quite as big as Garfield! Yet! :rolleyes:

you can trap him and have him checked! And get some really good pics

I will try my best. Don't think I am upgrading though. I kinda like my black and whites and grays..... :p I am just expanding my colour line.

These kitties sure know a good place to be when they see it :thumbs up
:goodvibes: :fingerscr on the trapping for all 3 :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Thanks growler!

Love4himies
March 9th, 2009, 07:06 AM
An orange kitty :cloud9: :lovestruck:, every orange kitty I have come across has been super friendly.

Good luck with the trapping. :goodvibes: :fingerscr

chico2
March 9th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Oh,Oh Chris,you just made me feel 100yrs old:laughing: I am not OLD,just older:laughing:

14+,Where do they all come from:yell:maybe this orange kitty is from some farm?
From far away he looks pretty good,but so did my stray until I saw him closer:sad:
Here I am whining over ONE stray:yell: and there you are with a never-ending stream of strays,sorry:cat:

14+kitties
March 9th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Oh,Oh Chris,you just made me feel 100yrs old:laughing: I am not OLD,just older:laughing:

14+,Where do they all come from:yell:maybe this orange kitty is from some farm?
From far away he looks pretty good,but so did my stray until I saw him closer:sad:
Here I am whining over ONE stray:yell: and there you are with a never-ending stream of strays,sorry:cat:

Nah, I think he has either just been dumped or he is one of the ferals living in our bush. I know there are still some back there. Slowly I will get them all. I haven't seen him yet today. He either found a way out of the catuary or he is sleeping under the big house. The food was pretty much cleaned out over there so I figure he is sleeping off a full belly. The other two don't usually eat that much.

You aren't whining at all! Living in the country I am starting to accept this is my lot in life. Now to convince hubby.......... :D

chico2
March 9th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I think he came to the right place,poor baby.
I always wanted an orange kitty too,but none ended up here,my cats kind of just happened,no color-choice:cat: